Nas was SUPPOSED to "hang" Jay-z @ Summer Jam '02 wow

Anyways, had he pulled this stunt he might have won the battle.

You gotta have the power in order to the pull off the stunt champ.  Can't put the horse before the carriage as they say.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

prodigy's career took a serious hit with a tame pic...imagine a lifelike

Jay-z getting hung and shaking..shhh straight up vaporize jay-z

disagree. if it was a n umpcoming artist, then yea, i could see that.

nas would have taken a backlash from alot of ppl, including other hip hop artists.

it wouldn't have done anything to jay z's career.

it baffles me when dudes think nas didn't win this battle
laugh.gif

were y'all just listening to jay z's side?

Can I get a real synopsis as to why Jay wouldn't have gone on to do what he's done if this would have happened?

Please be feasible and not a fan w/ a bias.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

laugh.gif

going at a rapper's credibility>calling a _ gay
and if you think the dude calling himself a prophet wouldn't have gotten backlash from this your buggin

"the rap version of T.D. Jakes"

That pic was killer because prodigy was doing ballet even though he claimed to be so thug/hood but was caught in dance class.

The hanging wouldve been crazy just because of the imagery but i doubt it wouldve had any knockout or staying power because it didnt expose or bring anything to the light.

Let me help you clowns out in here.  At the end of the day Nas owes the IRS back taxes and Jay is a star world wide...................the end.

The funny thing about that prodigy pic is that dude was like 9 yrs old in that pic. Ppl talk about it like he was a grown %%# man in that photo.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

laugh.gif

and if you think the dude calling himself a prophet wouldn't have gotten backlash from this your buggin

when did i say it wouldn't?

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

It would have been almost NO way Jay could have recovered from that, that was putting his foot on his neck like he was supposed to do
yup...there would be no jay-z in da form that we know him now had hot 97 not banned him from doing it.
are yall dudes serious  
roll.gif

laugh.gif

That's funny, I thought Nas was the one going at his credibility. Don't tell me you bought in to the bitter BP2 song

Originally Posted by oFLUo

not only is it distasteful, but it's just corny in general
Yup. Lame people will be lame and Nas is lame. Typical hypocritical pseudo intellectual "black girl lost, or shorty owe you for ice" Nas being himself right there. Oh I'm about uplifting black folk but I want to create a dramatization where a black man is lynched.... LOSER.
Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

He didn't win the battle either lmao.
Preachhhh. Takeover, SuperUgly, and Blueprint 2 >>>> Nas' wackness

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

It would have been almost NO way Jay could have recovered from that, that was putting his foot on his neck like he was supposed to do
yup...there would be no jay-z in da form that we know him now had hot 97 not banned him from doing it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Cause he didnt. I was not impressed by corny elementary school lines like "Gay-Z" and "Cockafella"

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

That's funny, I thought Nas was the one going at his credibility. Don't tell me you bought in to the bitter BP2 song
Now a reply is being "bitter"? Come on man....

Originally Posted by cartune

Dudes just wanna see Nas win b.

These "scenarios and what ifs" are hysterical
laugh.gif

Nas' career MUSICALLY >>Jay Z's though, yall stay talking about #!!! that don't matter. So what Nas has no type of control over anybody with a vagina or Jay got more money. The thing that matters as fans of rap is the music. Jay lost the battle though, face it. Nas was his idol coming up.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Let me help you clowns out in here.  At the end of the day Nas owes the IRS back taxes and Jay is a star world wide...................the end.
Aw, man. You sure taught us a thing or two. Watch out with this guy, he's on a rampage.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Aw, man. You sure taught us a thing or two. Watch out with this guy, he's on a rampage.
The only argument these Jay stan's have is about %%*$ that got nothing to do with rap
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ dudes still believing Nas won this battle, also for believing the hanging would've destroyed Jay.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

Originally Posted by krazy88s

The only argument these Jay stan's have is about %%*$ that got nothing to do with rap
laugh.gif
blueprint 2 > ether 
ether had an impact but lyrically bp2 was way better and more persona, imo the better diss song

From what I remember, Jay went at Nas while his mother was dying. Fair game.

I'm glad this didn't go down.

However I can't help but be curious as to what woulda happened if this didn't happen.

To tell the truth I don't think they cared about any backlash for allowing this.

I think they were more afraid of losing Jay-Z as one of their advocates. You know Jay-Z is basically their prized possession. Providing them with exclusives first, interviews and the whole nine and what ever exclusivity he gave them at the time. Them allowing NaS to do that would have basically been the end of all those perks.
We know Hov is quick to boycott. ( He still my dude though)

We all know Nas is both sides of the spectrum. He could be an enlightening dude and then he could just throw all that out the window the next second.

I wonder who paid for the dummy though?

Back
Top Bottom