NASA scientist warns that California only has one year of water left.

salt water should be used in toilets in california 

Last edited:
The real reform needs to come from the agricultural consumption, which takes 80% of our water. People arguing about watering lawns don't realize that residential use isn't really the issue.

The real reform needs to come from the agricultural consumption, which takes 80% of our water. People arguing about watering lawns don't realize that residential use isn't really the issue.
I made this point earlier in this thread, but there was one dude that said "California needs the water to grow food or else we got none" :smh:
But the thing is that California's agriculture accounts for only 2% of the GDP in California
And growing unsustainable crops like rice, alfalfa, and almonds is not worth this crisis
Hopefully some state picks up this slack and helps farmers move to those states to at least make up some of that production
I would rather pay a higher price of imported food to ensure more water for the state then have no water and still have rising food prices

Last edited:
I made this point earlier in this thread, but there was one dude that said "California needs the water to grow food or else we got none" :smh:
But the thing is that California's agriculture accounts for only 2% of the GDP in California
And growing unsustainable crops like rice, alfalfa, and almonds is not worth this crisis
Hopefully some state picks up this slack and helps farmers move to those states to at least make up some of that production
I would rather pay a higher price of imported food to ensure more water for the state then have no water and still have rising food prices
I'm pretty sure whoever refuted your point wasn't completely educated on the topic. The waste alone from agricultural use is alarming. State officials need to focus on that as the primary focal point.

I don't understand
We live right next to the ******* ocean
Get them salt companies to come pump ocean water take the salt out
Then water companies clean the water
Wasn't norcal sending water down to socal like a few years ago
What happened to our water
You do know that's not actually salt in salt water, right? It's animal waste, dirt, debris, etc. It's not like we can exactly mine the minerals out of the ocean and just use the water.

NorCal has been shipping water down to SoCal for decades now. Ever hears of the Aquaduct?

Last edited:
Good hopefully this scares off the new people living in San Francisco/ Bay area to make the housing market go down. It's getting ridiculous out here 3 thousand a month for a 2 bedroom and it's not even in the greatest condition.

I said this before the big cities (sf/oak/sj/sac/la/anaheim) will never be affected by this.

To be honest I am more scared of the big earthquake before I worry about California being completely out of water. It's a good topic for reporters to feast on

At my school there's a water fountain that stays on 24/7. Most of the water spills on the ground to. Smh

i wash my car 2 times a week 

shower with hot water for 20 minutes EVERYDAY

water my lawn everyday 

brush my teeth with the water running (sonic care = 5 minutes )

run hot water for 15 minutes in my kitchen sink to clean out the oils in my drain everyday 

dish washer everyday 

WATER WILL NEVER EVER RUN OUT IN CALIFORNIA. STOP WITH THIS SCARE TACTIC MYTH

if water is really going to run out they can filter out the ocean water but government won't fund until they have to...

if anything i see this as a way to tax water in California to get more money out of this expensive state 

water my lawn everyday 
run hot water for 15 minutes in my kitchen sink to clean out the oils in my drain everyday 
dish washer everyday 

if water is really going to run out they can filter out the ocean water but government won't fund until they have to...
if anything i see this as a way to tax water in California to get more money out of this expensive state 

Mad wasteful :lol:

We just need to chill out on the agriculture and we'll be fine.

water my lawn everyday 
dish washer everyday 

Been saying this. Ladwp is in cahoots with local government to raise prices through yet another tax.

My water and electric together are cheaper than the just the solid resource fee tax.

We live right next to the damn Pacific Ocean and these boys talmlm bout we outta water.

>D

:stoneface:

They better build those damn desalination plants.

Last edited:
Filter out the ocean water? Gee really no one thought of that? :lol: FYI, a billion dollar desalination plant in San Diego will be completed in 2016. But guess what... Desalination water cost about two times more to households!

CA homes will have daily limits based of household size. Go over that limit and they charge steep surcharges.

Here's the enforcement codes by city

http://www.acwa.com/content/local-drought-response

Last edited:
Man dudes in Cali are going to be passing around water bottles just to be to flush the toilet.

And I still want to move there

Excuse my ignorance but how are you going to run out of water and the state is next to the ocean?

I thought we only used about 1% of the earth's water and bill gates out here drinking poop water i'm sure 

we can convert salt water to fresh water

Excuse my ignorance but how are you

You can but desalination takes a lot of energy (usually in the form of electricity) so it is very expensive to produce drinking water it, and reverse osmosisde plant makes the water too expensive.

Filter out the ocean water? Gee really no one thought of that?
laugh.gif
FYI, a billion dollar desalination plant in San Diego will be completed in 2016. But guess what... Desalination water cost about two times more to households!

CA homes will have daily limits based of household size. Go over that limit and they charge steep surcharges.

well there you go . Californians will now be taxed my point in my posts above to make money 

fyi my water faucet in all 4 rooms is currently running as i am typing this

Last edited:
Filter out the ocean water? Gee really no one thought of that? :lol: FYI, a billion dollar desalination plant in San Diego will be completed in 2016. But guess what... Desalination water cost about two times more to households!

Excuse my ignorance but how are you going to run out of water and the state is next to the ocean?

I thought we only used about 1% of the earth's water and bill gates out here drinking poop water i'm sure 

Only one post separate this two comments :smh: :lol:

well there you go . Californians will now be taxed my point in my posts above to make money 

fyi my water faucet in all 4 rooms is currently running as i am typing this

Californians already have the highest tax rates in this country (sales, income, property) period so not sure what you're saying. A conspiracy? Yes Jerry Brown and the CA govt is secretly draining all the water in the reservoirs, and photo shopping all those pictures of dried up lakes just to tax households more to make money! That's it! :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom