Naya Rivera RIP

This is what strikes me as the most odd.
Doesn't surprise me tho. Every summer we see parents leaving their kids in hot cars among plenty of other reckless stuff. I'm sure my parents have done some reckless things when I was a young as well, no parent is immune. Especially for a single mother with her first child. Definitely dumb and reckless, but not surprising. Easy to imagine her bored at home thinking of things to do with her kid outside the house. I wouldn't be surprised if she took him to the lake like this before.

There isn't a single way possible that should say this so confidently.
Are you speaking from experience or something? Not sure how you have this much confidence in saying something so ridiculous.

I am speaking from what I learned in psychology courses I've taken and legal studies of premeditated murders. It is almost impossible to find a case of premeditated attempted murder where someone changes their mind once it comes to the act of the murder.

If they have thought about it long enough to take the necessary steps to execute their plan, it is extremely rare that once they get to the moment of killing someone that they change their mind.

Not saying that's 100% true here but by psychological precedent in prior cases of murder suicides, it is unlikely she'd take her child with her with the plan to kill him then having a change of heart at the last moment.

Assuming she is dead I don't see it being a suicide because there would be no point in leaving the kid on the boat just to kill herself. She would've most likely had someone watch him and just say she's going for a drive or something.

You'd be surprised. I've seen stories where the plan is initially murder-suicide only for the mother/father to abandon the plan completely, kill only them self, or only the child.

Susan Smith comes to mind. She was going to kill herself and children, had second thoughts and then sent the kids into that river to their deaths. Even blamed it on "black man."

You'd be surprised. I've seen stories where the plan is initially murder-suicide only for the mother/father to abandon the plan completely, kill only them self, or only the child.

Susan Smith comes to mind. She was going to kill herself and children, had second thoughts and then sent the kids into that river to their deaths. Even blamed it on "black man."

But that's what I was saying. For a parent to get to a mental point of considering killing their child, they're going to do it. Susan Smith backed out of killing herself but still was ok with her kids dying.

I remember I went swimming in a lake when I was 12, the current took me away from the shore. Luckily, I had a life-jacket so all I had to do was swim sorta parallel towards the shore(maybe like a 30° angle) so I didn't have to fight the current trying to get back. Anyways, this terrible and if ruled an accident, I will feel even more horrible based on the simple fact that this situation is avoidable if she would've just kept on a life-jacket.

Actually I have a very close friend who’s sister very gruesomely killed on of her children. She had problems to begin with. Once they’re at the point of actually going through with it, they’re too far gone..

But that's what I was saying. For a parent to get to a mental point of considering killing their child, they're going to do it. Susan Smith backed out of killing herself but still was ok with her kids dying.
There's no way of really knowing that tho. If a parent wanted to kill their kid and backed off, how would anyone know that? The parent wouldn't exactly go around telling ppl.

Doesn't that hinge entirely upon motive though? Someone who wants to kill and is looking to escape punishment by suicide is going to act and think much differently than someone who is primarily suicidal and wants to take a loved one with them.

My problem with your statements is that you act like there's no room for nuance or exceptions. You're also trying to rationalize irrational acts. This could have gone down a million different ways. Should probably just sit back and absorb the information as it rolls in for this one.

I’m not denying that
But ol girl is missing
The last thing I wanna do
Is get on her parenting skills
Let’s make sure everything was kosher with her
And make sure
Before we start getting on her being a bad parent
That's fair. Just wanted to point out that anything's possible at this point. I hear you tho.

Wow man, such a sad story. I feel terrible for the little boy :frown: My mom knows one of the Glee cast members in real life so I’m curious if they’ll mention her today.

Nobody gets cold feet killing a child bruh. If you come to the conclusion "I am going to kill my baby" you're already off the deep end. There's no weighing options in your head. You're at the point of no return mentally.

oh?

thanks professor.

I remember I went swimming in a lake when I was 12, the current took me away from the shore. Luckily, I had a life-jacket so all I had to do was swim sorta parallel towards the shore(maybe like a 30° angle) so I didn't have to fight the current trying to get back. Anyways, this terrible and if ruled an accident, I will feel even more horrible based on the simple fact that this situation is avoidable if she would've just kept on a life-jacket.

I remember a show about how to survive stuff and one of the episodes was about getting caught in a current and it said you have to keep calm during one and save your energy and it'll eventually bring you back. I remember being interested in that episode because my cousin lost her BF to one growing up.

But I'm glad you were at least safe and were smart by wearing a life-vest. Although I can see most people probably wouldn't bother if they knew they could swim and/or thought a lake was "safe". Myself included.

I remember a show about how to survive stuff and one of the episodes was about getting caught in a current and it said you have to keep calm during one and save your energy and it'll eventually bring you back. I remember being interested in that episode because my cousin lost her BF to one growing up.

But I'm glad you were at least safe and were smart by wearing a life-vest. Although I can see most people probably wouldn't bother if they knew they could swim and/or thought a lake was "safe". Myself included.
Wow, didn't know that. I used to one of those kids that looked wildlife shows and I remember one of the hosts mentioning to avoid fighting the current and swim sideways to shore. Honestly, I just paced myself like a jog and took a rest once. I was back on shore within a 4 or 5 minutes even though it felt longer. Having a life-jacket made the situation infinitely more manageable. I whole-heartedly believe that ALL KIDS without phobias should be required to learn how to swim growing up.

As a Glee fan back in the day this sucks, I wouldn't have said there was a curse but 3 out of 9 of the OG club (potentially) dying is crazy.

I'm a very good swimmer and I don't mess with open water either. Local news here in LA reported that her and her son would rent a boat and go out on that lake often, so I'm speculating tragic accident.

:frown:

I need to learn how to swim man :frown:
Its a major life skill that i was lucky to learn at a young age. My wife didn't and she can only go into water that is below her neck. Even then she gets super nervous . If you have a chance to learn by going ( YMCA?) i suggest so. You never know what when you need the skill of swimming.

I feel you but what I'm getting at is that parents do in fact get to the point of a murder-suicide, like the beginning phase is already in motion, and they can't "squeeze the trigger."

Like a father leaves a murder suicide note, but abandons ship hangs himself and leaves the kid in the crib screaming.

So a parent making sure the kid is safe before committing that isn't always how it happens.

There are currents beneath the surface in lakes that might take even experienced swimmers by surprise. My boss at my first job drowned at a lake retrieving a floatie that blew out onto the lake by the wind.

Back
Top Bottom