NBA 00' Decade Team

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Why would you guys do a projected lineup of post-2010 instead of a current lineup of 'This Decade's Teams as of Now'?

And I like Nowitnes' GGFFC format over my 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 format, so I'm going to tweak mine a little later.
If I'm going by resumes as of today and not projecting at all...

1st Team
G- Jason Kidd
G- Kobe Bryant
F- LeBron James
F- Tim Duncan
C- Shaquille O'Neal

2nd Team
G- Steve Nash
G- Allen Iverson
F- Dirk Nowitzki
F- Kevin Garnett
C- Ben Wallace (I give him a very slight edge over Amare/Yao right now, but like I said in my previous explanation, he gets passed over comfortably by the timethis decade is over)

3rd Team
G- Chauncey Billups
G- Tracy McGrady
F- Shawn Marion
F- Chris Webber
C- Elton Brand

But the decade isn't over yet and alot of the guys at the end get beat out by the end of the 2010 season.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

^And who's the hater?

You sound salty for no reason, trying to diminish AI's accomplishments. F outta here.

They both are GREAT and that's all that matters. Neither one should be pit against the other. I feel that they both belong in first team, and you can guarantee if a list ever comes out for that, AI will be on first team before Jason Kidd.

I was talking about people who put AI over Kobe. They are both great players and both deserve to be on the first team but if you had to leave one out, youwould have to choose Kobe. If you put AI over Kidd, I have no problem with that...

Here's the first lineup I posted:
First Team:
1- Kidd
2- Iverson
3- Garnett
4- Duncan
5- Shaq

(just like the thread starter)

Second Team:
1- Nash
2- McGrady or Kobe
3- LeBron
4- Brand
5- Shaq again (his domination at the 5 early in this decade has disqualified all other centers from being a 1st or 2nd Teamer)

Third Team:
1- Chauncey
2- Pierce
3- Vince
4- Dirk
5- Amare

I really want Melo on my 2nd or 3rd Teams, but I can't find a place for him.
And now my new lineup, in GGFFC format.

First Team (no change)
G- Kidd
G- Iverson
F- Garnett
F- Duncan
C- Shaq

Second Team:
G- Nash
G- McGrady
F- LeBron
F- Brand
C- Ben Wallace

Third Team:
G- Chauncey
G- Kobe
F- Pierce
F- Melo
C- Amare

Out:
- Vince (Third Team SF)
- Dirk (Third Team PF)

In:
- Melo
- Ben Wallace

Yeah, I like the GGFFC format better, because like those 3 lineups better than I do the 3 positioned lineups.

I dont know I aint gonna go into the detail. Just 12 names. Kidd, Iverson, Kobe, T-Mac, Garnett, DUncan,Shaq, Dirk, Nash, Camby, Big Ben, Pierce.

From 2000 - present day

1st team

A. Iverson
K. Bryant
K. Garnett
T. Duncan
S. O'Neal

2nd team

S. Nash
J. Kidd
L. James
D. Nowitzki
B. Wallace

3rd team

C. Billups
V. Carter
T. McGrady
C. Webber
R. Wallace

Honorable Mention:

R. Allen
P. Pierce
C. Anthony
S. Marion
D. Wade
A. Stoudemire
E. Brand
J. O'Neal

23ska909red02 wrote:
Well no one else is posting their team, so I'll post mine.

First Team:
1- Kidd
2- Iverson
3- Garnett
4- Duncan
5- Shaq

(just like the thread starter)

Second Team:
1- Nash
2- McGrady or Kobe
3- LeBron
4- Brand
5- Shaq again (his domination at the 5 early in this decade has disqualified all other centers from being a 1st or 2nd Teamer)

Third Team:
1- Chauncey
2- Pierce
3- Vince
4- Dirk
5- Amare

I really want Melo on my 2nd or 3rd Teams, but I can't find a place for him.

Dead Last Team:
1- Smush Parker
2- Ricky Davis
3- Samaki Walker
4- Olowokandi or Kwame Brown
5- Slava Medvedenko
I like how 90% of your dead last team are former lakers.
laugh.gif

Also, I realy see no reason why Yao should not be on that list. I might put him over Amare. '

EDIT:

I saw your final list and you have lost your danm mind if you have Ben Wallace over Yao.

Ska's original list is probably the best i've seen on here(BullsRepeat's list is pretty accurate too) except he should have Webberahead of guys like Amare and Brand. Other than that I agree 100%... oh and Iverson deserves to be ahead of Kobe.

You could possibly make the argument either way but dudes who are like "explain why" are just Kobe fan boys b/c A.I.'s individual acheivementsand stats easily outweigh Kobes. With one BIG exception and that's the rings, but no one can convince me that if Iverson played with Shaq the same thingwouldn't have happened. . .

^ The only reason for no Webber (for me) is that he was hot early, but not so much the last couple years.

Now, Shaq was hot early in the decade, but it wasn't just 'decent' hot, like he was just... decent. Dude dominated the 5. There was one center inthe league.

Webber didn't dominate like that. So for me, his impressive first few years of the decade weren't impressive/dominant enough to fall off for a coupleyears and still make the cut.
TheAndrea3000- The reason for Big Ben over Yao? Yao has only bee in the league since '02-'03, just likeAmare. So Ben Wallace has a 2 year jump on both of them. With that in mind, was he terrible enough since they came in to allow his first couple years to beforgotten, like they don't count because they have been dominant since arriving? No. Ben Wallace is one of only 8 players in the history of the league tohave MULTIPLE triple-doubles off of points, rebounds, and BLOCKS. Only 8 people have done that multiple times.

Shaq was dominant because he did the damn thing on BOTH ends of the floor. But Big Ben DEFINES how a center is supposed to play defense (well, not this year
laugh.gif
).

Yao? Since coming into the league, has he been impressive enough to make us forget the 2 years Big Ben has on him? No. But he has been good enough to be on thebubble.

Amare? Since coming into the league, has he been impressive enough to make us forget the 2 years Big Ben has on him? No. But he has been good enough to be onthe bubble.

So with both of them on the bubble, who do I think is the better center?

Amare. Just not so much this year so far.

First team by default is:
Kidd
Bryant
KG
TD
Shaq

Nash
AI
LeBron
Cwebb
B Wallace

Tmac
VC
Pierce
Brand
J'Oneal

Its pretty tough right now but everything should even out in 3 years. Webber and Ben Wallace will be off the list completely along with J'Oneal but thefirst team is cemented.

Well, for me i probably have AI, KB, KG, TD, and Shaq. IMO, this list is the most accurae to me.

Oh, and how can Dwight howard be on anybody's list? Let alone first team? He hasn't done ANYTHING!

Dwade, maybe. But Lebron, etc. these young guys, what have they done?

Nash didn't start dominating until the 04-05 season. The only player imo that can threaten to be on my list is jason kidd.

Oh, and A.I.'s career so far is better than Bean's if you take away the rings. Its true. Look it up.

Back
Top Bottom