NBA 2004-2005 Predictions ( Archived on 11/2 @ 8 EST )

This is for everyone to predict the NBA season, and ( if you want too ), all the indiviguil awards

Atlantic:

1) New York
2) New Jersey
3) Philadelphia
4) Toronto
5) Boston

This is one of the harder ones to predict. All of these teams could grab the divison, but I'm going with the Knicks on the fact that they have the most talent, and Kidd will miss a majority of time with that knee problem

Central:

1) Indiana
2) Detriot
3) Cleveland
4) Chicago
5) Milwalkee

Even though they kept their team pretty much intact, I still dont see Detriot as better than Indiana, but it's pretty close. Cleveland, although they lost Boozer, replaced him with Gooden, and have an exciting prospect in Jackson, so they're in the middle spot in the division. Chicago and Milwalkee still have to develop a little bit

Southeast

1) Miami
2) Washington
3) Orlando
4) Atlanta
5) Charlotte

Miami is just in another class in this division. I like the 1-2 punch of Arenas and Jamison, and Kwame is in a contract year. Orlando is real young, and with a complete revamping of the roster, will have their growing pains. They could be replaced by Atlanta, which have added Walker. Charlotte is expansion, although they will be exciting to watch, will make little noise this year

Playoff Seedings:

1) Indiana
2) Miami
3) New York
4) Detriot
5) New Jersey
6) Washington
7) Cleveland
8)
glasses.gif
Philadelphia

I'm sure one of the wild-card teams will want to play the Knicks, rather than anyone else in the 1-4 slot

Playoffs:

Indiana def. Philly, 4-1
Miami def. Cleveland, 4-2
Washingtion def. NY 4-3
Detriot def. NJ 4-2

Indiana def. Detroit 4-3
Miami def. Washington 4-2

Indiana def. Miami 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Northwest:

1) Minnesota
2) Denver
3) Utah
4) Portland
5) Seattle

I obviously have bias toward Minnesota, and I feel this is their year to take it all. Denver added K-Mart, so I feel they will give Minnesota a run for their money, but Minnesota pulling away in the final two weeks. Utah has done alot to improve but this is a tough division. Portland still has quality players but are close to rebuliding. Seattle needs to develop, maybe next year

Pacific:

1) Sacramento
2) Phoenix
3) Lakers
4) Clippers
5) Golden State

Sacramento only lost Divac, and although there are problems with Peja and Webber they are the class of this divsion. Phoenix is an up and coming team who could scare Sac-Town a little bit, but I don't feel they can take the dvision. The Lakers could take their spot, but it will take time for Kobe to adjust without Shaq in the middle.

Southwest:

1) San Antoino
2) Houston
3) Memphis
4) Dallas
5) New Orleans

In all honestly, 1-4 could be all swapped around. All teams have a realistic shot in taking the divison. San Antoino added Brent Barry, so people are calling for them to win it all this year. Houston added McGrady, and Memphis pretty much retained everybody. I dont like Dampier for dallas, and they lost Nash, so I think they're headed for a down year, to the disoray of Cuban. New Orleans is gonna hate this west move.

Seedings:

1) Minnesota
2) San Antonio
3) Sacramento
4) Houston
5) Denver
6) Phoenix
7) Memphis
8)
glasses.gif
Utah

Playoffs:

Minnesota def. Utah 4-1
San Antonio def. Memphis 4-2
Sacramento def. Phoenix 4-1
Houston def. Denver 4-3

Minnesota def. Houston 4-2
San Antonio def. Sacramento 4-2

Minnesota def. San Antonio 4-3 ( this will be a classic series: KG vs. TD )

FINALS:

Minnesota defeats Indy, 4-3, in another classic NBA Finals.

I think Minnesota has such good chemistry, and if they add another quality big man by trading Szczerbiak ( Tyson Chandler, Shareef? ) they will take home the title

MVP: KG: 24.2ppg, 14.1 rpg, 5.5apg
Rookie: Luke Jackson: 11.5ppg, 4.3 rpg, 5.7apg
Coach: Flip Saunders
Defensive Player: Jermaine O'Neal

Have fun

T'WOLVES IN 2005.
If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. -Michael Jordan

I am definately not typing all that crap out, so lemme just say, Pacers in 05.
for sale: 2 pair size 11 XIX s.e. (white/navy/gold). Looking for 125 shipped get at me... AIM: The Dirty Chimp

T-WOLVES 2005 CHAMPS
(I hope)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
http://www.christmasapethemovie.com
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...erid=rairjordans&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1I http://p085.ezboard.com/bniketalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=super23freak
http://www.phixt.comI http://www.nin.comI http://www.minnesotavikings.comI http://www.timberwolves.comI http://www.bulls.comI http://www.wearyellow.com
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​

Mavericks in 05. Even though in I think they not are as good as they are few yrs back, but I got to stick with my maverick.

Man you don't know what your talking about at all. The Mavs have had to play the way they have the last couple of years because they haven't had the personnel to to play tough man to man D. Now they do. As much as I am going to miss Steve Nash on offense, he couldn't hold me. I think the Mavs are going to have a rough start but it's going to be a situation where they might not have as good a regular season but they are definitely better prepared for the post season. And how you not gonna like Dampier for us? The only way he can be wack is if he gets hurt. He's an efficient player in every way, except for maybe getting hurt. The only thing I'm worried about is shooting and ball distribution. Other than that we are all set.

Devin Harris is going to be a monster.
Be Peaceful,Be Courteous,Obey the Law, Respect Everyone; BUT IF SOMEONE PUTS HIS HAND ON YOU, SEND THEM TO THE CEMETERY.-Malcolm X.

I agree with you that Dampier is going to help us a lot, but I would take Nash and Jamison over Terry and Stackhouse any day. And now Najera is gone, I just don't think they are better then they were.

Finals: Detroit over SA
MVP: Shaq
ROY: Okafor
scoring champ: Iverson
Defensive POY: Ben Wallace
MIP: Al Harrington

KOBE 2005 MVP :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Soon as the verse starts, I eat at an MC's heart
What is he thinkin? How not to go against me, smart!
And it's absurd, how people hang on ev-ery word
I'll probably NEVER get the props I feel I ever deserve

I'll move this to the Archives after the final pre-season game or whenever you guys believe would be the best time.

Send me a PM if you have a different idea.
[h1]peppermint?[/h1]​

^thanks

probably on the day of the start of the regular season, this could go to the archives, and then we can check back on it after the season is over

Piston-Spurs for the Chip.

Detroit in 6, Back 2 Back.

The Pacific is open this yr. Kings will probably take it but the Warriors will surprise teams, no "stars" but a team full of role players that know how to play.

East:
Atlantic:
New York(3)
Philadelphia(6)
Toronto
Boston
New Jersey

Central:
Detroit(1)
Indiana(4)
Milwaukee(7)
Cleveland(8.)
Chicago

Southeast:
Miami(2)
Orlando(5)
Washington
Atlanta
Charlotte

West:
Northwest:
Minnesota(1)
Denver(5)
Portland(7)
Utah
Seattle

Pacific:
LAL(3)
Phoenix(8.)
Sacramento
Golden State
LAC

Southwest:
San Antonio(2)
Dallas(4)
Houston(6)
Memphis
New Orleans

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoffs:
Pistons beat Cavs 4-0
Pacers beat Magic 4-1
76ers beat Knicks 4-3
Heat beat Bucks 4-2
Pistons beat Pacers 4-2
Heat beat 76ers 4-2
Pistons beat Heat 4-2

Wolves beat Suns 4-0
Mavs beat Nuggest 4-3
Rockets beat Lakers 4-3
Spurs beat Blazers 4-2
Mavs upset Wolves 4-3
Spurs beat Rockets 4-3
Mavs upset Spurs 4-3

Championship:
Pistons beat Mavs 4-1

MVP: Kevin Garnett
6th Man: Desmond Mason
Defensive: Big Ben Wallace
Rookie: Devin Harris

Mossy, I have no idea how you pick the Nets to make the playoffs. They lost Martin, Kittles, Rogers, Harris. All they have left is Jefferson who is overrated and Kidd who is injured.

Also the Bulls before the Bucks? :lol:
laugh.gif
You know the Bucks were in the 4th spot pretty much all of last year.
We did lose TJ, Damon Jones and Skinner though. But Zaza, and Gadzuric will fill in and do better than Skinner did last year. Just worried about our PG spot but James has been playing decent this preseason. :\
ohwell.gif

Atlantic Division
1) Philadelphia 2
2) New York 5
3) Toronto 7
4) Boston
5) New Jersey

Southeast Division
1) Miami 3
2) Orlando 6
3) Washington
4) Atlanta
5) Charlotte

Central Division
1) Detroit 1
2) Indiana 4
3) Cleveland 8
4) Chicago
5) Milwaukee

Northwest Division
1) Minnesota 2
2) Denver 5
3) Utah 7
4) Portland
5) Seattle

Pacific Division
1) Los Angeles Lakers 3
2) Sacramento 6
3) Phoenix
4) Golden State
5) Los Angeles Clippers

Southwest Division
1) San Antonio Spurs 1
2) Dallas 4
3) Houston 8
4) Memphis
5) New Orleans (I feel bad for this team)

Spurs beat Detroit

Regular season MVP - Allen Iverson
Most Improved Player - Grant Hill
6th Man - Jerry Stackhouse
Defensive P.O.Y. - Ben Wallace
R.O.Y. - Emeka Okafor
Scoring Champ - Shaquille
Finals MVP - Tim Duncan
Thus let me live, unheard, unknown/Thus unlamented let me die/Steal from the world, and not a stone/Tell where I lie

Free iPod click here

Back
Top Bottom