NBA 2k11 heads. I have a question for yall

For those who play 2k11 regularly and are good at it. How exactly do you defense the three point shooting in this game ? Im talking about online play.I always get torch if the other guy pick a 3 point team. Some dudes just can't miss whenever they shoot the three. Kobe, Lebron, Kyle Korver, Ramon Felton, Nash, Melo etc just can't miss 
sick.gif
. If i let the PC guard them- they don't jump to contest and if i defend  manually the other guy just cross me over and pull up for a three S$#^ is frustrating 
indifferent.gif

For those who play 2k11 regularly and are good at it. How exactly do you defense the three point shooting in this game ? Im talking about online play.I always get torch if the other guy pick a 3 point team. Some dudes just can't miss whenever they shoot the three. Kobe, Lebron, Kyle Korver, Ramon Felton, Nash, Melo etc just can't miss 
sick.gif
. If i let the PC guard them- they don't jump to contest and if i defend  manually the other guy just cross me over and pull up for a three S$#^ is frustrating 
indifferent.gif

You just have to get use to sticking with the defender, knowing when to use the turbo button combined with the defensive lock on trigger. Also I tend to run the half court trap at times if my opponent is going off with a player just to get the ball out of his hands.

You just have to get use to sticking with the defender, knowing when to use the turbo button combined with the defensive lock on trigger. Also I tend to run the half court trap at times if my opponent is going off with a player just to get the ball out of his hands.

On xbox its the L trigger I think, on ps3 it should be L2. It assists you somewhat with staying on the defender but you have to mix it up with pressuring the ball handler and using turbo to stay with him.

On xbox its the L trigger I think, on ps3 it should be L2. It assists you somewhat with staying on the defender but you have to mix it up with pressuring the ball handler and using turbo to stay with him.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

watch out for the corner 3 pointers tho
This. And the occasional double-team will get them off guard.
laugh.gif

Like the other dude above me said... lay it easy on the Turbo (R2) button. Just play him tight and use the lockdown (L2) button sparingly. Timing is the key.

Just practice hard enough and you'd get dudes rage quitting on you after 2 quarters... with the Bucks.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

watch out for the corner 3 pointers tho
This. And the occasional double-team will get them off guard.
laugh.gif

Like the other dude above me said... lay it easy on the Turbo (R2) button. Just play him tight and use the lockdown (L2) button sparingly. Timing is the key.

Just practice hard enough and you'd get dudes rage quitting on you after 2 quarters... with the Bucks.
roll.gif

anticipate the pass to the 3-point shooter, turn up defensive pressure in settings and try different defenses on the opponent (don't use 2-3 though because that's a 3 point pit), and when you defend the outshot, don't use the aggressive block (turbo + block), just press block and it will contest the outside shot much better.

anticipate the pass to the 3-point shooter, turn up defensive pressure in settings and try different defenses on the opponent (don't use 2-3 though because that's a 3 point pit), and when you defend the outshot, don't use the aggressive block (turbo + block), just press block and it will contest the outside shot much better.

This used to be my FAVORITE game (2k bball). But the last couple of years makes me 
mad.gif
The game is just FAKE. People do things, they aren't supposed to do, and my star players be going broke... WIDE OPEN!!!
Im still pretty good at it, but I just hate this game.

This used to be my FAVORITE game (2k bball). But the last couple of years makes me 
mad.gif
The game is just FAKE. People do things, they aren't supposed to do, and my star players be going broke... WIDE OPEN!!!

yea u jus gotta learn to mix it up with the defensive lock (left trigger on xbox) and turbo to play lockdown D...and jus contest them with Y (dont use use this in combination with the turbo button too often)
and the occasional double as mentioned before....
i never tried the 1-3-1....imma check it out
im up for some games on the 360
gt: iMcNeilly

yea u jus gotta learn to mix it up with the defensive lock (left trigger on xbox) and turbo to play lockdown D...and jus contest them with Y (dont use use this in combination with the turbo button too often)
and the occasional double as mentioned before....
i never tried the 1-3-1....imma check it out
im up for some games on the 360
gt: iMcNeilly

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

mad.gif

Nothing will ever surpass the 2k with Chris Paul on the cover, but now the problem is people naturally have found ways to go around the computer programming that the creators have made. Other day played someone who put LBJ at the 1. Also, if your superstar is cold and the other team is on a run he isn't hitting open shots unless it is truely his hot spot. Learning the hot spots of your players is one of the most important parts of the game now (Deng in the corners, Dwill at the top of the key midrange, Monta in the midrange)

Back
Top Bottom