NBA 2K9 Isomotion Help Thread: Leave Your Egos At The Door

If 2 guys are playing each other on Hall Of Fame and they're both nice, whoever has a handle of ISO Motion wins. I was destroying cats (highlighted by a 72pt game with Joe Johnson) until my dude took me to school I was so stunned and upset and it's because I kept with my basic ways while he became a pro atISO Motion.

pimp.gif

best bball video game EVER

I swear I cannot shake the D.

I practiced in the tutorial for isomotion and got moves down, but they don't translate when I run 5 on 5.

The D puts their hands all on me and interrupts my move, dude then goes wildly out of control...

in the words of Iverson................. Practice??? are we talking about practice????
I'm so raw at this game I need no practice. D- boys have ALL DAY to play Nba / Madden

can we get some ps3 tutorials. who still plays 360 i mean really ...............

I don't see how none of you guys can't link all the moves together. Just a simple size-up will give you the space from the defender. I realized thatthe hesitation trigger is the most important trigger to use in the whole game when you want to actually use isomotion.

Also try to use the triple threat function as well, its the same as last year, so it should be much of a problem.

Just to let you all know, the triple threat is another good way to create space from the defender. It gives you space, and also lets you pick up on yourdribble to go back to the isomotion.

Remember, not EVERY move will work with a crappy ball handlers. Guys like CP3, LeBron and Steve Nash will execute these moves with ease. Not every singleplayer will perform these moves as fast as others. For example, T-Mac has one of the quickest spin moves in the game, but a guy like Kyle Korver wont be asquick.

A good defender though will counter these moves, and it will be VERY difficult to break a good defender down. The game focuses on a team effort more than everbefore. There are tons of new functions in terms of passing the ball around, and off ball player control. Use these functions properly, and you'll findyourself getting an open shot. You have a better chance of making it in when your open, than if you're defended.

I'm not going to go over the shot stick, because its self explanatory. People should already know how to do most of these moves. If you see yourselfmissing lay-ups, its because you're not using the shot stick correctly. Remember to always move the stick AWAY from defenders.

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

I suck @ rebounding too...any tips for that?

I box out, but i suck at timing that joint

This sometimes depends on the players rebounding rating as well. Remember to jump right when the ball is coming down. Most people always go for the rebound thesecond the ball hits the rims and goes up in the air.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Cragmatic wrote:
too much to remember.. I just play the game
roll.gif

laugh.gif
So do I but I think I finally have it down. It's really cool once you get it.

frown.gif
I wanna be cool.

Ahhh Patience my friend. Patience..

but seriously, its simple to learn, I just wish it would show your defender falling to the ground with the crossovers and spins. But its easy to learn when yuperform them in practice mode.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Cragmatic wrote:
roll.gif

laugh.gif

frown.gif
I wanna be cool.

but seriously, its simple to learn, I just wish it would show your defender falling to the ground with the crossovers and spins. But its easy to learn when yu perform them in practice mode.

its rare but it happens

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Cragmatic wrote:
roll.gif

laugh.gif

frown.gif
I wanna be cool.

but seriously, its simple to learn, I just wish it would show your defender falling to the ground with the crossovers and spins. But its easy to learn when yu perform them in practice mode.
its rare but it happens

oh really?

*puts xbox on*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

I suck @ rebounding too...any tips for that?

I box out, but i suck at timing that joint

This sometimes depends on the players rebounding rating as well. Remember to jump right when the ball is coming down. Most people always go for the rebound the second the ball hits the rims and goes up in the air.

embarassed.gif

this game pisses me off. so many people cheese online by scoring points in the paint. U ABSOLUTELY CANT MISS in the paint. and all the isomotion combos arehard as hell to learn.

i cant hit any jump shots -_-. and free throw shooting is so off. i release the stick whenever the ball leaves dudes hands, yet i still get "toolate" or "too early". gameplay is too realistic, making the controls WAYY too complex.

one question, how come when im on a 2-1 fast break and i try to throw a lead pass, the player receive wont catch the pass in motion, but he'll catch it andstop and wont dunk right off the pass. how the hell do u throw a lead pass... it's pissing me off.

Back
Top Bottom