Nba 2k9 shooting free throws unappreciation

jefffort5 wrote:
henz0 wrote:
Online free throw Unappreciation.. Offline is pretty easy

True...the timing be off when you online

Why is the online different from the offline? I hate that!
What I do to help me is let the player do his pre-shot motions. It helps me get in rhythm.
laugh.gif

a good tip is stop trying to time the release with mental count notes and start taking notice of releasing when the ball at a certain position when it is closeto the shooters head. did that make sense!?

basically stop trying to just time it like release earlier, release later, yadda yadda, and look at the player shooting notice when he cocks the ball back,usually there is a point when the ball gets close to their face is when you should release.

i used to suck at freethrows but once i started actually watching the player shoot i'm alot better now.

No need to go practice mode.. you'll learn it as you go through your season anyway..

I used to hate LJ's frrethrow but now after playing couple of games with him, i can say i dont want to use him anymore cause he's that good in thisgame
laugh.gif

What do you mean there is no need to go into practice mode? WHat kinda advice is that?

GO practice man. Stop letting your ego get in the way of using the practice mode feature.

All I know is I haven't been into video games since Live 2005 (yea I said it) and I recently got 2k9 for 360. Needless to say I got smacked while playingon Pro difficulty.

FT shooting is terrible, but it's a work in progress.

I thought I was the only one lol. I think I messed myself up putting the real FT throws on from start becuase I was lazy...So now I'm behind but I'mstarting to get the hang of it

^ dont trip, much of the game is flawed anyhow... best bball game ever nonetheless but offensive rebounds, playing defense, getting late game fouls to work,missing point blank layups, and the kobe/lebron factor are all things that IMO should be corrected.

or atleast dont make kobe a freakin god in the game. i swear i %%$+%# hate people who use the lakers, or the celtics for the matter. straight cheap *!@*******.

Originally Posted by realmc

^ dont trip, much of the game is flawed anyhow... best bball game ever nonetheless but offensive rebounds, playing defense, getting late game fouls to work, missing point blank layups, and the kobe/lebron factor are all things that IMO should be corrected.

or atleast dont make kobe a freakin god in the game. i swear i %%$+%# hate people who use the lakers, or the celtics for the matter. straight cheap *!@ *******.
Woosah fam... Woosah... And I can drop a real smoove 60 with Ray Allen easier than I can drop 40 with Kobe
smh.gif

hahaaa its easy its a 2 1/2 - 3 second count with most shooters except Shaq, Tyson Chandler who wanna play me

A tip for your free throws online, when the camera is zoomed in on the shooter, there is substantial delay, you have to release the shot stick a full secondbefore the shooter should release the ball, however on the last freethrow attempt of that series (i.e. second out of two, or third out of three) the free throwreaction is in real time, and you should release it at the exact time the shooter should if not maybe a split second earlier. I noticed this a couple of gamesin and have been pretty solid since.

Back
Top Bottom