NBA All-defensive teams vol. Shane got screwed...

no nash?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

How are you voted 3rd in defensive player of the year but cant even make the 1st team???
Word.

its like that cause rather than picking the top 5 defenders, they try to fill positions GGFFC, which most likely ends up PG SG F F F in order to come upwith a team of great defenders in actual spots - why do they do it this way? only david stern knows

Shane is a 3 guard.

So would you put him over Garnett or Duncan?

In reality the only guy the NBA missed on was Camby. Simply put he is is incomplete as a defender he cant play on the ball for nothing.

Take him off the first team put Duncan at Center and you have the correct list.

position doesn't matter at all.

Bron got one first team vote, you know that vote was Outtacontrols. You know it was.
laugh.gif

I'm a Cavs fan first. LeBron or no LeBron.

People act as if you cant rep any of your team's players without nuthuggin'
laugh.gif
NT is extreeeeemly immature.

I saw almost all 82 Cavs games and LeBron had no problem guarding the teams best player in crunch time. He's the best defensive player on one of the bestdefensive teams in the NBA.

His blocks on Rondo were only a microcosm of his season defensively.

Guy says Josh Smith, its all good

I say LeBron people, sHhh themselves.

Grow up fellas.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Um... that's probably because Josh Smith is a beast defensively.

Lebron isn't.
Thats your opinion. I have mine.
LeBron is a better basketball player than Josh Smith.

Josh Smith craps all over LeBron as a defender.

LeBron is not a better defender than anyone on either of those teams, except MAYBE Chris Paul.

Opinion respected.

Its ashame people get so bent out of shape over peoples OPINIONS. Nothing I say or anyone else says is law, just everyone's personal opinions.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron is not a better defender than anyone on either of those teams, except MAYBE Chris Paul.

Josh Smith should have made the 2nd team for sure. And Battier should be on the 1st team for sure.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

okay, i get what you're saying... didn't mean to take the shot at you or whatever.

but i don't see how they are changing the process every year like you say. they have established precedents, and they will stick to them. it's like that for every award.

they don't just give postseason awards to whoever's hot, or whoever played shutdown D on a top player in a nationally televised game. you have to earn it. Kobe has made All-D for like seven years now. unless he completely falls off, Kobe will continue to get the nod over Battier. that's just the way it is. Battier may have played better defense than Kobe this year, but since Kobe is the one known as the better defensive player, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

that's why my only main beef is with the omission of Josh Smith. Smith has a defensive reputation in this league by now. when you see "6 blocks" on his statline, you aren't even surprised anymore. he has earned that. Chris Paul hasn't earned that yet, that's why, on second thought, i think he probably shouldn't have been on there.

but again... you may have just misunderstood what postseason awards are all about. yes, reputation plays into it a lot. but no, that doesn't make the awards or award process invalid at all. that's just the way it is.

You make a valid point in terms of that you have to earned your stripes as a defensive player for a couple of years. But to finish 3rd in D.P.O.Y, and notvoted on as a first-team is crazy to me. Tim Duncan finish 9th in D.P.O.Y yet he is a first team. Like reputation or not, the NUMBERS are not adding up. Thesame argument you use for Josh can also apply to Shane, especially since it's much easier for *Cough Cough* Perimeter Players to score these days due tothe rules. I think Shane's rep should at least earn him 1st team by now, or does he have to wait until Bowen, Camby , and Duncan to retire???

that's the thing though... it's not even an opinion. it's a fact.

you wanna bring up Lebron's blocks? lmao, okay.

Josh Smith posted 16 5-block games this season. Lebron has posted 2 5-blockgames in his NBA career. that is a fact.

i can respect opinions... but someone who denies FACTS? nahh.. that puts you on the level of FR3SH, Shoes, J Rain, etc

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Shane is a 3 guard.

So would you put him over Garnett or Duncan?

In reality the only guy the NBA missed on was Camby. Simply put he is is incomplete as a defender he cant play on the ball for nothing.

Take him off the first team put Duncan at Center and you have the correct list.

It doesn't matter by position. Look at the 1st team. Where's a point?

Shane > Bowen, this year.

It's clear.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Lebron isn't.

Opinion respected.

Its ashame people get so bent out of shape over peoples OPINIONS. Nothing I say or anyone else says is law, just everyone's personal opinions.

Says the guy who called all these Jazz unappreciation threads and everybody in it, sore losers.

Just everyone's personal opinions.

outacontrol music wrote:
DMV is RNB wrote:

Lebron isn't.

Opinion respected.

Sorry, but what did you expect everyone to do, co-sign your ridiculous opinion?

I'll take someone's opinion all day, no problem, whether I agree or disagree, but you know, YOU KNOW, with your rep as a Bron stan that people weregoing to laugh at you. And that's what happened. Hell, you even put it in your retort, Bron had no trouble defending IN CRUNCH TIME, but the rest of thetime he didn't do sh*^. D ing up for 2 minutes a game for 75 games isn't all team D. The rest of those players on that list didn't play defensejust at the end of games did they? Did they have off nights? Sure they did. Maybe a bad matchup against a certain player or a team? You bet. But to justplay D here and there and then maybe in a crunch time situation, come on, you want respect for Lebron for that? No way.

You know damn well the media, the coaches all them dudes love Lebron. As soon as he shows he can play D 40 minutes a night, every night against every team,they will have NO problem raining praise on him like they do everything else and he will earn a spot on the all D teams. Til then, he deserves no mention.

All-defensive team voting is a joke year after year.. It's all about reputation.. There's no way that Shane Battier should've been left off that1st team..

LeBron should've gotten a look @ least on 2nd team

Take off those wine and gold colored glasses man...granted, LeBron could be an all-defensive player if he wanted to buthe doesn't have the commitment to it right now in his career. This is coming from a LeBron fan too...

Nah, someone show me where i said Bron was a better defender than J Smoove. Its all good. People in here trippin over the INTERNET
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom