NBA arena crowd reaction to certain players

I know it's mostly based on team loyalties and a player's overall popularity, but for those that actually attend games in person, which away teamplayer gets a sizable positive reaction (introduction or during the game) based on their playing history in college/hs in the same city/st?
now I know the NBA crowd has a wide demographic, so many may not know a player's past history...
for example, Kobe is a PA high school legend - does he still get positive feedback from the crowd/media in PA(prob not the best example)? I know during the ASgame in Philly when he was named MVP - he got a bad reaction from the crowd after the game..
or Shaq in San Antonio - his hs playing days in SA were a while ago, and most prob just hate the guy from his Laker days.
or does Bibby/Iggy still get a positive reaction in Phx?
the more recent hs/college stars will probably get better reactions - the Gator draft picks of this past draft will probably get a positive reaction when theyplay in Orlando/Miami this year...

well Leon Powe(from Oakland, went to Cal) got an unanimously positive reaction...in the 4th quarter ALL of Oracle Arena were chanting "WE WANT POWE! WEWANT POWE!"

At a lot Nets games, usually the star player gets a lot of applause when announced for the opposing team. Unless it the playoffs. Regular season you always seea good amount of people supporting the other team.

^ yeah see thats good sportsmanship right there... were as we boo vince all day
laugh.gif

Im sad to see that Fred Jones, when he was traded back home to portland, never really got a chance to be a great player in front of his home crowd.

check out those youtube videos of Kobe in altanta and boston last year.... where he hit those game winners and the crowd erupted in applause
laugh.gif

BallinBoykz wrote:.

check out those youtube videos of Kobe in altanta and boston last year.... where he hit those game winners and the crowd erupted in applause
laugh.gif

whats funny is when the celtics announcer said something like "a laker getting MVP chants in boston? red must be rolling in his grave?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, at the Celtics games, during the lineup the cheers get progressively louder, ending with Pierce
(yes, Pierce still gets a louder cheer than KG). And whenever Scalbrine comes in or hits a three the crowd goes crazy.
laugh.gif

The crowd in Oakland will go crazy when Foyle comes back..oh and J-Rich too.

I always went to and go to the Denver games when AI is in town and he always gets cheers at the Garden, alot of NY'ers respect his game...

Camby got a few scattered cheers here too, he will always be respected for the work he put in on that '99 team, L

the first time michael finley came to dallas he got a standing ovation but during playoff times it was nothing but boos same with steve nash.

I went to the twolves game last night and when lebron was going for 45pts, the crowd was clapping after some of his threes towards the end of the game.

I remember back in the day i would go to Knicks Nets games at Continental...

It was mad funny cause whenever the Knicks were announced, they would get crazy cheers

The place would go crazy whenever Ewing was announced

Than like they had the whole intro thing for the Nets and they would be like "and now your New Jersey Nets" and the whole place would go crazy withboos.

It was like being at a mini MSG

Now there are still probably more Knicks fans at Continental Knicks Nets games, but made people became #!%*%!% frontrunners and became Swamprats... SMH

well Leon Powe(from Oakland, went to Cal) got an unanimously positive reaction...in the 4th quarter ALL of Oracle Arena were chanting "WE WANT POWE! WE WANT POWE!"

pimp.gif

I'm thinking that they prob don't do the same when Elson comes into town, but JKidd must get some love from the crowd, even though he played his hsball a while ago...

Most Arizona guys get a good reaction in PHX.
Jefferson, Arenas, Bibby get pretty good cheers.
Walton just isn't booed, which is good for a Fakers player.
Iggy doesn't get much of a reaction. Not sure why. Jason Terry gets a couple of claps...I think it's just because he's on the Mavs...if he were onany other team he'd get a better reception. Salim and Damon Stoudamire get a nice hand when they come to town.
Channing Frye didn't get much of any reaction.

ima boo rashard lewis so hard tomorrow when he comes back to play against the sonics...

Marc Jackson, Chris Webber, and Nick Van Exel get boos every time they come/came to Oakland.

Dunleavy and Murphy will get boos when they come back to Oakland later this year...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Kobe gets MVP chants where ever he goes.

Not in Denver. Ever since that Eagle CO thing some idiots in the stands always yell "no means no" when dude touches the ball. The sad thingabout it is that most people in CO believe KB24 didn't do it yet they still do that.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Kobe gets MVP chants where ever he goes.
You must have never seen a Suns-Fakers game played in Phx. The only player that gets booed more is Robert Bastard Horry.

Everyone gets booed in Detroit......heck I've been to a few games where fans have gotten thrown out because of profanity-laced, unacceptable behavior.

Zeke used to get some decent cheers when he came back.

I remember watching the news and they showed the Palace crowd booing Joey Harrington back when he played for the Lions
laugh.gif

sheed gets booed in portland..i know zach will get booed even tho he shouldnt

posey in chicago? hah

Georgia/Georgia Tech players (Bosh, Starbury, even Damien Wilkins...) get some cheers whenever they come back to Atlanta.

The superstars always get a good pop. Because half the damn people there only show up to see them...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom