NBA Comedy 0809 - Kobe thinks Mbenga is Sloth from Goonies

Originally Posted by dyyhard
laugh.gif

got me rolling over here dude

Yep he switched his pivot foot

At first I agreed it was a travel, but upon closer inspection, I have a question:

When you dribble the ball and then take two steps (in kobe's case, a dribble while taking two steps back), since he dribbled while taking two steps back,isn't it that there isn't an ESTABLISHED pivot foot, just because his left foot hit the ground first and then his right (no pivot still established),and then he used his right as his pivot foot to shoot... is that fair?
Or is there rules about taking two steps... it seems the last dribble was while he took those two steps, so it seems ok.

It was clearly a travel because as soon as he steps forward with his right foot, that designates his left as the pivot, which he then picks up and takesanother step

Originally Posted by iceman7920

Yep he switched his pivot foot

At first I agreed it was a travel, but upon closer inspection, I have a question:

When you dribble the ball and then take two steps (in kobe's case, a dribble while taking two steps back), since he dribbled while taking two steps back, isn't it that there isn't an ESTABLISHED pivot foot, just because his left foot hit the ground first and then his right (no pivot still established), and then he used his right as his pivot foot to shoot... is that fair?
Or is there rules about taking two steps... it seems the last dribble was while he took those two steps, so it seems ok.

It was clearly a travel because as soon as he steps forward with his right foot, that designates his left as the pivot, which he then picks up and takes another step
Yeah, with the step back move he designates his left foot as his pivot foot, but then switches his pivot after the head fake. I think the movewould have been legal if he had come to a jump stop, because then he could choose to use either foot as his pivot. It's like it I'm going up for alayup and I take a step with my left, then a step with my right, my left foot is automatically my pivot, and I can't move it. I have to either go up orkeep my left foot nailed as I pivot. However, if I come in for a layup and land on both feet at the same time I can choose either as a pivot. Perhaps, the refthought it was a jump stop.

Occasionally basketball announcers see something out on the court that's so impressive, it simply leaves them speechless. Usually it's an actual basketball play, other times it's a rather direct shot of a buxom cheerleader. Anyway, a few night's ago one Denver Nuggets cheerleader was caught by a cameraman "dancing" during a timeout. Notice the rather long pause by the announcers before they manage to regain their composure.

Occasionally basketball announcers see something out on the court that's so impressive, it simply leaves them speechless. Usually it's an actual basketball play, other times it's a rather direct shot of a buxom cheerleader. Anyway, a few night's ago one Denver Nuggets cheerleader was caught by a cameraman "dancing" during a timeout. Notice the rather long pause by the announcers before they manage to regain their composure.

roll.gif
At that noise one of the announcers made. Sounding like hejust creamed his pants...

dyyhard wrote:

I know this has been quoted a bunch of times, but there can never be too much of that video...
devil.gif

I think Kobe's left foot was his OG pivot foot. He used the right after... which is a travel.

Although it didn't look like a travel at first.

dyyhard wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at the slo mo......

Girl damn near knocked her own head off.� We play Denver tomorrow night.�
devil.gif
pimp.gif

pshh yall hatin on The Machine. He's just rusty right now he's still tryin to recover from bone'n all them rich Cougars in the off season once hegets his legs back under neath him its gona be a wrap

^ didn't sasha and ariza get into a little quarrel? sasha shot the 3 instead of passing to a wide open ariza.

Its nothin. Ariza didnt really want it with him I bet Sasha be on that Zohan steelo in the locker room dont mess with him, thats why he punked Vlad for hisbody wash and made Odom go get it. Besides hes a shootin machine not a passin machine thats what he does..shoots
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom