NBA.com's greatest athletes ever

*waits for a Mbenga joke that has been played out for 2 years, yet Laker fans still think is funny*

Calvin Murphy & Clyde Drexler surprised me.

I think Larry Johnson should be on the honorable mentions. He was my favorite player growing up.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Calvin Murphy & Clyde Drexler surprised me.

Clyde Drexler shouldn't surprise you:

But putting a player like Calvin Murphy over Julius Erving and Vince Carter, two of the most famous dunkers ever? C'mon man, that is a horrible list.

Also, Wilt Chamberlain is becoming more of a myth than a basketball player when people talk about him.. And I don't necessarily mean that in a positive way. THE best athlete ever in the NBA? No sir. I keep hearing people say all this crazy stuff about Wilt and how athletic he was, but the highlights I watched of him dribbling the ball up the court he looks so stiff.

Scottie Pippen is not even in the honorable mention....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Also, Wilt Chamberlain is becoming more of a myth than a basketball player when people talk about him.. And I don't necessarily mean that in a positive way. THE best athlete ever in the NBA? No sir. I keep hearing people say all this crazy stuff about Wilt and how athletic he was, but the highlights I watched of him dribbling the ball up the court he looks so stiff.

your trippen fam ,dont forget wilt was track star

Vince Carter always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to lists. What's more athletic than jumping over a 7'2" grown up man and dunking the ball??

Originally Posted by petozham

EDIT* Damn Yuku...
Yuku aint trippin, double post for emphasis! Vince Carter got absolutely shafted on this list.. once i got to number 3 and VC still wasnt mentioned i thought he would for sure be #1.

eyes.gif
Dude didnt even make the honorable mention list?.. baffles me

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

No Kobe, Brown, Nate, Pippen, Ariza, Rose, a ton I'm missing

This is OF ALL TIME.  You are trying to tell me that some of these guys you mentioned (other than Kobe/Pippen) even deserve to be in the conversations? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Get outta here with that.

Vince over crash.
Dream over Dwight.
Dr J over Calvin Murphy.
I want Kemp on there bad, but im not sure if i want the admiral off. that ones tough.

I hate lists like this made by some idiot. One of the worst top tens I have ever seen in my life.

Wilt #1? He wouldn't last a half with Shaq. Please.

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
dland24 wrote:

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

No Kobe, Brown, Nate, Pippen, Ariza, Rose, a ton I'm missing

This is OF ALL TIME.  You are trying to tell me that some of these guys you mentioned (other than Kobe/Pippen) even deserve to be in the conversations? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Get outta here with that.

just because they aint superstars, dont mean that they arent great athletes. it says Athlete nothing about being a star or anything

vince carter deserves to be somewhere at the top of that list. right behind lebron, really. Also kobe was once incredibly athletic.

Back
Top Bottom