** NBA Feet - '09-'10 **

Originally Posted by jmizzo

its down because the superstars of the league don't participate.....LeBron pulled out, Dwade doesn't, Kobe is too old now....they need to get the superstars back into it...The way LeBron dunks he would have livened up the contest.....
Well yea that's the obvious thing...the competition is no longer star struck...and Shaq's idea on a relief campaign for Haiti was really genius...Well I know injuries had much to do with it, but these guys should've shown a lot more enthusiasm...ESPECIALLY considering it would be for a major humanitarian cause! And what, is LeBron too cool for dunk contests? sigh...I do believe bringing in lesser league guys to dunk in this competiton will up the pride level of some NBA players, or maybe like LeBron chicken out cuz they wouldn't want to be shamed...Maybe it would spark them not wanting to be humiliated by guys who probably practice dunking and crossing guys over than proper pro balling skills....just a thought and mini rant...cuz I'm still fuming that I stayed up until 4am to watch that nonsense
mad.gif
Hours of my life never to get back
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bundy9

Originally Posted by jmizzo

its down because the superstars of the league don't participate.....LeBron pulled out, Dwade doesn't, Kobe is too old now....they need to get the superstars back into it...The way LeBron dunks he would have livened up the contest.....
Well yea that's the obvious thing...the competition is no longer star struck...and Shaq's idea on a relief campaign for Haiti was really genius...Well I know injuries had much to do with it, but these guys should've shown a lot more enthusiasm...ESPECIALLY considering it would be for a major humanitarian cause! And what, is LeBron too cool for dunk contests? sigh...I do believe bringing in lesser league guys to dunk in this competiton will up the pride level of some NBA players, or maybe like LeBron chicken out cuz they wouldn't want to be shamed...Maybe it would spark them not wanting to be humiliated by guys who probably practice dunking and crossing guys over than proper pro balling skills....just a thought and mini rant...cuz I'm still fuming that I stayed up until 4am to watch that nonsense
mad.gif
Hours of my life never to get back
laugh.gif

Shaq's idea would have been better if he wasn't trying to cover up for LeBron's backing out of the dunk contest.  Suggesting that Kobe and Vince be included even though he knows that they are injured and not near their peaks in their athletic abilities was meant to cover up and make Kobe and Vince look bad vs making LeBron look bad for pulling out...

Until the "stars" come back to the dunk contest, I am boycotting it...everyone else should also boycott it to end this non-sense.....What a waste of time.....I wish I could charge Stern and the NBA for my wasted time...

Sorry for the rant...

Originally Posted by spidermena

Originally Posted by wooballer20

HAHAHAHAHAHA SMH at this years dunk contest
laugh.gif
I missed it because of my bball game
smh.gif

guessing it wasn't good?
Yeah you can say that. You can also argue that it was the worst of all time
roll.gif

yeah really .. the Dunk Contest went from being the Main Event to the sideshow.  the ONLY thing I liked about it this year was having the dunk in for the 4th participant.  but besides the lack of star power in the Dunk contest

imagine how much harder it is to get hyped up for something with only 4 contestants in it.  Agree that bigger names are needed if the Dunk Contest wants to reclaim previous glory

but I think expanding the field to at least 6 participants ... and involving fan voting + dunk ins .. would help build up that much more intrigue for the contest. 

Originally Posted by Foam shox

Originally Posted by wooballer20

HAHAHAHAHAHA SMH at this years dunk contest
laugh.gif
I missed it because of my bball game
smh.gif

guessing it wasn't good?
Yeah you can say that. You can also argue that it was the worst of all time
roll.gif
yeah really .. the Dunk Contest went from being the Main Event to the sideshow.  the ONLY thing I liked about it this year was having the dunk in for the 4th participant.  but besides the lack of star power in the Dunk contest

imagine how much harder it is to get hyped up for something with only 4 contestants in it.  Agree that bigger names are needed if the Dunk Contest wants to reclaim previous glory

but I think expanding the field to at least 6 participants ... and involving fan voting + dunk ins .. would help build up that much more intrigue for the contest. 

....and at least 3 elimination rounds

The dunk contest was trash....... Gerald Wallace really didnt give a flying F..... at all. Everybody else seemed like they were holding back. Shannon could have done so much better, he shouldnt have quit on the one hand 360 off one foot. He did it in high school all-american dunk contest and it was ridiculous. Is it just me or do people not dunk as hard as they used to???

gerald wallace and shannon brown's lack of effort to make dunks worth watching made me
indifferent.gif
throughout the event.
and the lack of creativity overall was so bad
mad.gif

i think what i'm most disappointed in was having to sit through and watch all those dunk contest commercial by sprite. "give us something to read about" GOOD ONE
smh.gif

Nate obviously played down to his competition... And you can't really be mad at him doing so.

If Howard or Lebron were in it, you know the showman in Nate would've went HARD.

Wow! Look at those Jordan 2010's! You can even see the white socks players are wearing through that groundbreaking "window" on the side! Thanks for that Tinker!

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Nate obviously played down to his competition... And you can't really be mad at him doing so.

If Howard or Lebron were in it, you know the showman in Nate would've went HARD.

i agree..

but i was SMH at the whole contest.. outta every dunk they did, I could do, execpt to of the dunks.. SMH

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Wow! Look at those Jordan 2010's! You can even see the white socks players are wearing through that groundbreaking "window" on the side! Thanks for that Tinker!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

roll.gif
LOL!!!...that's innovation for you bossman! lol

that was a great All-Star game... it kind've covered up for that horrible dunk contest.

DWade's 2010's look really good... that light blue sole is beautiful
pimp.gif

With the second half underway...here's a view of some of the newer PE's we've seen so far...just some closeups other than what has been seen on pics and maybe you guys have seen these at an HoH near you...

20100125040420859.jpg
 Well dude has been rolling with the HD lows and Sharkalaids for the most of the season but here's his Flip 'N's
20100125040535465.jpg

20100125040626298.jpg

20100125040653368.jpg
 Stuck with the Flight Clubs mostly this season but here's his Flip version
20100125040715778.jpg

20100125040741827.jpg

and this ain't a PE...but I'd love to see someone...well possibly a Kings player break out these eggplant Penny 3's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2lm2yw9.jpg

id6bdd.jpg

Air_Penny_3_whiteeggplant__4_.jpg

2nhnwia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom