** NBA Feet - '09-'10 **

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Nike has to put out that 'sheed has something special in his shoes, especially on places like Niketalk.
Just curious, but why would Nike have to put out false information like that out to the public (especially for a shoe [AF-1 with Zoom Air] that isnever sold to the general public)? What would the company have to gain by that?

Originally Posted by shoes604

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Nike has to put out that 'sheed has something special in his shoes, especially on places like Niketalk.
Just curious, but why would Nike have to put out false information like that out to the public (especially for a shoe [AF-1 with Zoom Air] that is never sold to the general public)? What would the company have to gain by that?
That's easy! You have a guy wearing a shoe that's more than twenty years old and you have more expensive, then newer models available. Itmakes it seems as if 'sheed is rejecting the *thought*, that the newer shoes are needed. Actually, they are not needed. With Steve Nash, nike forced him tostop wearing the Jet Flights. I don't know what kind of leverage 'sheed has with nike, or what kind of agreement he made, but he has been rocking thoseForces for a good minute. If everyone followed suit, Nike's basketball division would take an even further hit, than the one they are already taking fromJordan Brand and Nike retro. Rumors that 'sheed has something extra in his shoes, keeps the mystique out there, making Nike Basketball look like some kindof genius. As I said, those of us who have the PE's, those shoes that weren't supposed to make it to the public, know better.

It's a lie.

A Rumor is a much better statement than a lie... unless someone has said for a fact that they are and they know for a fact. Then its a lie.

Other than that... its been merely a rumor. However NOT ALL Sheeds Air Forces are the same either. Some has Vis Air.. some dont. Who REALLY knows if any ofthem ever had it or not.

I know for a fact that some Lunar Poo Poos have Zoom in the Player Editions, just as some other shoes. But I will agree with DC (yes even I can admit whensomeone has a good point) that Sheed wears what he wants and not what the Establishment suggests.

If you remember Sheed wore AF1s on his own before Nike pushed to make it into something. Sheed found his comfort and stayed with it. No one in Sports Marketingwas going to change that....and Sheed was a perfect candidate to push other models too.

But hasnt.

I wish nike would have dropped those Pippen 1 retros with the full length zoom like he and the bulls wore.
YES! You realize he used ZOOM Pippen 1's instead of AIR during the playoffs!

I've been trying to point this out for years to people, but they all just fire back "his shoes had full-length air"! Despite the fact that thereis countless photo evidence that his Pip 1's DID NOT HAVE AIR during the playoffs (his white, in-season 1's did), people always look at me like I'mcrazy and make every effort to correct me.

Sorry, but you have no idea how thrilled I am to see someone else illuminate this fact! I've heard that Scottie developed a preferece for Zoom afterwearing the AJ XII early in the 06-07 season and hated that his first sig featured Air, but production on the Pip 1 was already nearing completion so Nike justput out the GR with Air and gave Pip Zoom for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by clkru

I wish nike would have dropped those Pippen 1 retros with the full length zoom like he and the bulls wore.
Despite the fact that there is countless photo evidence that his Pip 1's DID NOT HAVE AIR during the playoffs (his white, in-season 1's did), people always look at me like I'm crazy and make every effort to correct me.

Pics? (Just for kicks)
nerd.gif

6abd78b71f02a7cf69c643ade5913de2-getty-91025930mm016_nugg_jazz.jpg
Replacements having trouble already?
90321f7550690005b644485820d6b452-getty-91025930mm017_nugg_jazz.jpg

aeadfd1927cf10f3bf70b227bb243aa6-getty-91025930mm015_nugg_jazz.jpg
That's some bright-as$ed J-Pro's
6e41bf43f98730b52eff5e602169a08f-getty-91025930mm013_nugg_jazz.jpg

capt.fa9226022d364ab3b1d3717e90cdcce4.nuggets_jazz_replacement_officials_basketball_utsw105.jpg
Bringback D!ck Bavetta!
tongue.gif

capt.965e64e422db43d682a277ccb47bddeb.nuggets_jazz_basketball_utsw104.jpg

capt.0b1e855ea9ab46c7b2ac084ca2f67742.nuggets_jazz_basketball_utsw101.jpg

e706dfc7a42923b520594313f55e2bbe-getty-91025930mm008_nugg_jazz.jpg

e257590f54b11380b8773a1b38df9971-getty-91025930mm005_nugg_jazz.jpg
Looks like Chauncey's Creators still got #7 on 'em
cf867489fae8a015ee610fcbc70e7e43-getty-91025930mm002_nugg_jazz.jpg
"You know those refs?"
691a158de502c4a2204b17d07e3ad05a-getty-91022348rw029_kings.jpg

Originally Posted by jmizzo

i want some of the rejuven8 sandals that kobe has underneath the training table....almost impossible to find in my size 11...
The Mules? I love my pair. Perfect for after basketball.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by jmizzo

i want some of the rejuven8 sandals that kobe has underneath the training table....almost impossible to find in my size 11...
The Mules? I love my pair. Perfect for after basketball.
sz 11? seriously? just checked ebay, 3 pairs

there were so many last year that trickled into the outlets, and finishline.com......love my pair too!

pix attributed to Blazersedge....

Martell Webster is now with Nike...
3967557878_2a181f1249.jpg

BRoy's kicks
3974929681_ec3ee0840d.jpg

Oden
3972626593_8e6489d8ff.jpg

I've been trying to point this out for years to people, but they all just fire back "his shoes had full-length air"! Despite the fact that there is countless photo evidence that his Pip 1's DID NOT HAVE AIR during the playoffs (his white, in-season 1's did), people always look at me like I'm crazy and make every effort to correct me.

Sorry, but you have no idea how thrilled I am to see someone else illuminate this fact! I've heard that Scottie developed a preferece for Zoom after wearing the AJ XII early in the 06-07 season and hated that his first sig featured Air, but production on the Pip 1 was already nearing completion so Nike just put out the GR with Air and gave Pip Zoom for the playoffs.

Thats too bad people didn't believe you. Any person that was a sneakerhead back in those days would know this, but a lot of the so called sneakerheads noware too young to know this tidbit of history. I was drooling over those shoes sooooo bad. I even called up nike cust service asking about them and got someoneon the phone that actually knew what they were talking about and told me they were a special makeup for Scottie and some of the Bulls and would not be releasedto the public. Too Bad. Maybe we can hope for a release since they are now doing Pippen fusions.

I asked a few pages back, but... any word on the white based colourways of the Blue Chip II releasing? Tons of NBA guys have been wearing them, but I cannotfind them.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Despite the fact that there is countless photo evidence that his Pip 1's DID NOT HAVE AIR during the playoffs (his white, in-season 1's did), people always look at me like I'm crazy and make every effort to correct me.
Pics? (Just for kicks)
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Pics? (Just for kicks)
nerd.gif

Even the camera man was rockin Pippens
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been trying to point this out for years to people, but they all just fire back "his shoes had full-length air"! Despite the fact that there is countless photo evidence that his Pip 1's DID NOT HAVE AIR during the playoffs (his white, in-season 1's did), people always look at me like I'm crazy and make every effort to correct me.

Sorry, but you have no idea how thrilled I am to see someone else illuminate this fact! I've heard that Scottie developed a preferece for Zoom after wearing the AJ XII early in the 06-07 season and hated that his first sig featured Air, but production on the Pip 1 was already nearing completion so Nike just put out the GR with Air and gave Pip Zoom for the playoffs.

I've been on the bandwagon (it's pretty small and certainly unknown) as well for several years. Nike had a chance to do it with the recent retro... toobad they didn't put out at least one OG colorway with zoom... white/silver anyone?

Back
Top Bottom