NBA FEET: 2015-2016

CXhJRLSUwAAMSrt.jpg

John Wall's a free agent.

:pimp: John Wall back in Nike. No shade against Adidas. I thought the J. Wall 1 was a dope sneaker.

Wall piece on Nice Kicks

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/12/30/inside-john-walls-sneaker-free-agency-break-with-adidas/

Him wanting $200 mil is laughable to me. Same go for Harden.

I may be off, but the way I read it, he was on that "if you want me wearing the three stripes, you better pay me above market value". Plus, him only wearing monochrome colors to avoid advertising the three stripes, wear Nike/JB off court, and wearing whited out Nike while stating he did so due to sneaker discomfort - is just him forcing Adidas' hand to terminate the stipulation that he has to wear the three stripes for the remainder of the year. It's not like Adidas is still paying him this year.

How gangster would it be if he wore some blacked out Nike/JB at the All Star game :rofl: .

The real slap in the face will be when he signs with Nike for below what Adidas was offering.

Wall piece on Nice Kicks

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/12/30/inside-john-walls-sneaker-free-agency-break-with-adidas/

Him wanting $200 mil is laughable to me. Same go for Harden.
I may be off, but the way I read it, he was on that "if you want me wearing the three stripes, you better pay me above market value". Plus, him only wearing monochrome colors to avoid advertising the three stripes, wear Nike/JB off court, and wearing whited out Nike while stating he did so due to sneaker discomfort - is just him forcing Adidas' hand to terminate the stipulation that he has to wear the three stripes for the remainder of the year. It's not like Adidas is still paying him this year.

How gangster would it be if he wore some blacked out Nike/JB at the All Star game
roll.gif

The real slap in the face will be when he signs with Nike for below what Adidas was offering.
laugh.gif

What kind of weird a** stipulations do these folks at Adidas come up with? This reminds me of Kobe's free agent year where he couldnt wear the same brand for 3 consecutive games or something. 

:lol:  

What kind of weird a** stipulations do these folks at Adidas come up with? This reminds me of Kobe's free agent year where he couldnt wear the same brand for 3 consecutive games or something. 

Adidas was/is in a tough spot. That was their only play. As stated before, he is trying to charge them that "Adidas tax", but Adidas knows this and they can't do nothing about it. For the next year, any contract he signs, they can match it. More than likely, he will sign a contract that is lower than what Adidas is offering - which Adidas wouldl quickly match. So, that leaves us to the situation where we are at. He is no longer getting paid by Adidas, but he can only wear their logo for on-court play the rest of the season. So, to push their hand, he is citing the tried and true "these shoes hurt my feet, so I have to wear another brand's". He could have easily worn the boost shoes that Andrew Wiggings and all the other Adidas team guys are wearing (which feels outstanding!), but he deliberately chose whited out Nikes.

He is taking a page out of the soccer player play book. Whenever a lot of soccer players want out of a shoe contract, they claim that their current cleat is hurting their feet and they imidiately start wearing a blacked out version of the competitors cleat.

nike dot need wall. hes like team jb quetin.richard level. doesnt deserve a signature line,

You're missing the picture. It's not about needing him to carry the brand, it's about cornering the market. In a East filled with weaker competition at PG, Wall is about to be an All Star for the next 4-5 years. He plays in a major market, why wouldn't you want that kind of piece in your treasure chest!

Last edited:
You're missing the picture. It's not about needing him to carry the brand, it's about cornering the market. In a East filled with weaker competition at PG, Wall is about to be an All Star for the next 4-5 years. He plays in a major market, why wouldn't you want that kind of piece in your treasure chest!

Kinda true, but Walls appeal doesnt cut it?

Nike is an international brand and there doesnt seem to be much exposure of him anywhere else. He may be a below tier guy and thats fine, but Nike would be wasting time if Wall didnt take off elsewhere.

You dont go and just sign a bunch of dudes just to kill competition. You‘ll run the risk of thinning your existing ones. Nike locked up JB, Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie as their core. Wall‘s presence doesn‘t fit IMO.

Nike is an international brand and there doesnt seem to be much exposure of him anywhere else. He may be a below tier guy and thats fine, but Nike would be wasting time if Wall didnt take off elsewhere.

You dont go and just sign a bunch of dudes just to kill competition
. You‘ll run the risk of thinning your existing ones. Nike locked up JB, Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie as their core. Wall‘s presence doesn‘t fit IMO.

Actually, you do. John Wall means a lot more to Adidas and UA than he does to Nike/JB. So, if you are able to take him off of the market for less than what Adidas and UA would pay, why not! Nike is printing money, so having another similar player on their roster is no big deal.

Last edited:

You dont go and just sign a bunch of dudes just to kill competition
. You‘ll run the risk of thinning your existing ones. Nike locked up JB, Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie as their core. Wall‘s presence doesn‘t fit IMO.

Actually, you do. John Wall means a lot more to Adidas and UA than he does to Nike/JB.

Exactly

200 mill is crazy he wouldnt even get that money in china, his best scenario would be a solid 7.5 mill 10 yr contract with royalties on sales with a 2-3 yr opt out clause for if he ever gets his social media game on - hed have to be marrying a kardashian to get to that level tho!
no where in the article says he and his agent were asking 200mil. 
mean.gif
 can't people read? 

they were asking 10mil a year and Adidas returned with 5mil a year and they got stuck somewhere in the middle of that.

Back
Top Bottom