NBA Finals MVP Award To Be Named After Bill Russell

Russell won 11 rings but NEVER won MVP
eek.gif
smh.gif

Maybe my NBA History is a little foggy but wasnt he the best player on those Celtic teams??

Russell won 11 rings but NEVER won MVP
eek.gif
smh.gif

Maybe my NBA History is a little foggy but wasnt he the best player on those Celtic teams??

They didn't have the award when he played. So he was never ABLE to win it.

LAME, back when russell was playing, there were like 8 teams, so 11 championships is not that great of a feat if you calibrate to our times today. shoulda beencalled the Michael Jordan award.

LAME, back when russell was playing, there were like 8 teams, so 11 championships is not that great of a feat if you calibrate to our times today. shoulda been called the Michael Jordan award.
Wow... Just... Wow
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tmoney85

LAME, back when russell was playing, there were like 8 teams, so 11 championships is not that great of a feat if you calibrate to our times today. shoulda been called the Michael Jordan award.
can u please stop posting. do u realize how good every NBA team would be nowadays if there were only 8 teams in the league?

somebody please take this trolls access from posting in s&t. the easiest way to accomplish that would be a ban.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

can u please stop posting. do u realize how good every NBA team would be nowadays if there were only 8 teams in the league?

somebody please take this trolls access from posting in s&t. the easiest way to accomplish that would be a ban.

stop snitchin stop lying - the game, great mixtape you should check it out. ps, what i cant have an opinion? sorry if what i believe conflicts with what youbelieve. i'll try and be more what you want me to be/say
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I like the decision. But I wonder what Award they will put MJ's name on.

What else is there? You don't want his name on some menial award just cause.

QFT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DTruth07

QFT
pimp.gif

thank you, others were hating but you are on point.

I disagree. Not with the lack of teams in the league back then, but I really feel that awards should be named after pioneers of the game and considering hedoes have 11 rings regardless of any other issues you nit pick, he was the man.

tmoney85 wrote:
QFT
pimp.gif

I'd like to see anyone win ANYTHING 11 times out of 13 tries. Hell its hard to do that in a friggin REC league. He was also playing againstWilt Chamberlain's 76ers by the way.

You are entitled to an opinion, but it's obvious you know nothing about the actual game of basketball other than paying lip service to that guy on theshoes.

Jordan is argueably the best player ever. And had they named the award after him you wouldn't hear too much backlash. But to go as far as to call one ofthe greatest players in history LAME just shows your lack of class and sense of history. .

But it's important we honor history, and Bill Russell has done SO much for the game, (first black coach in the NBA to name an example), and he was neverABLE to win the finals MVP award since it didn't exist at the time. Its not that Jordan doesn't deserve it, it's that Russell deserves it JUST asmuch and I think its only fitting they name it after him.

pimp.gif

Congrats to Bill.

If anyone watched the conference he was choked up and so happy about it.

It shouldnt even be a arguement about this man.And I believe his wife just pass a few weeks ago.

Congrats to Mr.Russell.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

LAME, back when russell was playing, there were like 8 teams, so 11 championships is not that great of a feat if you calibrate to our times today. shoulda been
called the Michael Jordan award.

Yeah TODAY, but not back then. The talent gap between the best and the worst players back then was enormous. The bench players of the 50s and 60s would have ahard time making the NBDL today.

And besides, of course the teams would be better if there were 8 teams today instead of 30, but it's always easier to win the less teams there are in theleague. Think of it this way, if there were only 2 teams in the league, both teams would be stacked with talent, but it would still be a lot easier for one ofthe two to win the championship because they would just have one team to play against. Some of the bench players that fill out the roster of all 30 teamswould've been beasts in the 50s and 60s. There are very little straight out bums in the NBA today. The more teams there are in the league, the more chancesthat you will run into some team that matches up well against yours.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

QFT
pimp.gif
Pretty funny that a Laker fan is co-signing on this thought, considering that 7 of those championships cameat the expense of the Lakers.
laugh.gif
Think about that for a second. Your boys lost 7 times in the Finals to the same team. If it really was that easy to win back then since there were so few teams, how come your boys gotkilled each time out? Jerry West still has nightmares about this.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom