• Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still boggles my mind embiid gets 4 cookies and cream shakes from chick fil a

Seriously hope he switches it up next season for longevity of his career
They did stories on all the trash Dwight & Lamar Odom used to eat. blew my mind. 7 footer appetites are something else.

Alright let's not play the "if" game then...

We know for a fact that Westbrook is unable to get out of the first round of the playoffs if he doesn't have a top 3 player in the league on his team. He has been a sub-40% shooter from the field and about 30% from 3 in the playoffs since KD left. He's 30 and a half years old, on the downside of his prime, and is going to be the 2nd highest paid player in the league. Wall's injuries these last 2 seasons certainly hurt his case, and he has a bad contract as well, but at least he's 2 years younger than Russ. Wall is a better shooter than Russ, and Russ is a better rebounder. Everything else is pretty much the same.

They are both good players. Both on the #SameTier.

By and large athletes are paid on past performance, so pending salaries are completely irrelevant unless you're Sam Presti crunching numbers which none of us are.

I'm not defending Russ' poor play as much as I am asking- are you guys trying to say that his accolades are somehow undeserved?

I mean Based Jesus Based Jesus said it outright and called it a scam of Herbalife proportions... but you and everyone else, is that what you're saying?

Russ clearly has the better resume in direct comparison to John Wall.

There's also this:

Russ with similarities scores comparable to a bunch of first ballot hall of famers
Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 5.07.38 PM.png

Wall with similarity scores comparable to a bunch of good players:

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 5.08.31 PM.png

Russ also has the higher VROP among active players ranking 4th.

Wall is 41st behind Rondo, Deng, Nene.

John Wall is also never sniffing the Hall of fame.

I think Russ has a pretty good shot.

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Russ, recognizing that his athletic decline has either arrived or is on the near horizon, will come back next year with an improved jumper like Jason Kidd did even later in his own career.

#EditYourTiers

Last edited:
A meh day for playoff games so I'll skip. I did have Milwaukee winning in 5 so I hope they lose this game

PG should’ve stayed Indy or went to Philly/LAL, now he stuck in OKC being a perennial 1st round exit for the foreseeable future .:smh:

Russ gotta be one of the most disappointing stars of this era. Dude has all the tools to be great ,but doesn’t work on/improve the weak parts of his game,wish dude would stop stat chasing and just play ball.

OKC does need stretch 4 badly, they should take a run at Love or Blake in the off season.

By and large athletes are paid on past performance, so pending salaries are completely irrelevant unless you're Sam Presti crunching numbers which none of us are.

I'm not defending Russ' poor play as much as I am asking- are you guys trying to say that his accolades are somehow undeserved?

I mean Based Jesus Based Jesus said it outright and called it a scam of Herbalife proportions... but you and everyone else, is that what you're saying?

Russ clearly has the better resume in direct comparison to John Wall.

There's also this:

Russ-
Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 5.07.38 PM.png

Wall-

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 5.08.31 PM.png
I mean, I certainly don't think he should've won that MVP, but I don't really have an issue with his other accolades. I do think it would be a bit disingenuous to think that playing alongside one of the best players in the league for the majority of his career hasn't been extremely beneficial to him though. Beal is really, really good, but he most definitely isn't on KD's level, and wasn't as good as BPG was this year either.

Westbrook no doubt has the accolades, but in the end, we know what we are getting from Russ now, and that's an annual first round exit, mostly because of his play. If you swap Wall in there, the outcome is probably the exact same.

We are probably just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

I do think it would be a bit disingenuous to think that playing alongside one of the best players in the league for the majority of his career hasn't been extremely beneficial to him though. .

Can you and whoever I was going back n forth with yesterday about Dame and Kyrie please have this same energy when the topic is one of Lebron's former teammates, namely one Kyrie Irving?

Last two things about Russ though:

1- I think he came back too early from his knee procedure at the beginning of the season and never got right

2- He indirectly admitted that he wasn't healthy by doing a 180 and ceding the spotlight to Paul George after refusing to do so to KD for so many years.

Can you and whoever I was going back n forth with yesterday about Dame and Kyrie please have this same energy when the topic is one of Lebron's former teammates, namely one Kyrie Irving?
Kyrie is one of the best #2s of all-time, along with Steve Curry. Bron and KD aren't winning their rings without those 2 guys being as good as they were.

Kyrie is one of the best #2s of all-time, along with Steve Curry. Bron and KD aren't winning their rings without those 2 guys being as good as they were.

Well maybe it wasn't you that tried to tell me that Kyrie wasn't a #2 yesterday.

Going to ignore the swipe at Wardell.

Whatever the case, its just as disingenuous to say that Kyrie is better than dame because he hit one of the biggest shots in finals history when he was the direct beneficiary of being in Brons orbit.

Last edited:
I've avoided this thread because i knew it would be filled with extreme hot takes.... I walk into Wall & Westbrook being the same & The leagues first unanimous MVP who led a team to 73 wins.... as being a "second" guy :lol::lol:

I think there are some playoff games tonight

Yep. Detroit currently up on the Bucks. As bad (for a playoff team) as I think the Pistons are, they may take this one. Closing on the road can sometimes be an issue for teams without a lot of playoff experience.

I've avoided this thread because i knew it would be filled with extreme hot takes.... I walk into Wall & Westbrook being the same & The leagues first unanimous MVP who led a team to 73 wins.... as being a "second" guy :lol::lol:
Curry's role since KD has been there has been to be the "second" guy. He's incredible at it.

what was he when he had Draymond as a third option & took his team to 73 wins, or when he won the ring the year before that, or when he put up 28, 8 & 7 while curb stomping ya'll goat :lol:.

Not Finals MVP?

Back
Top Bottom