NBA Jam to drop on PS3 and Xbox 360

http://kotaku.com/5663141...point-to-nba-jam-on-disc

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5663141/signs-point-to-nba-jam-on-disc[/h1]
[h1]Signs Point To NBA Jam On Disc [Updated][/h1]

GameFly has listed NBA Jam's PS3 and 360 version for release Nov. 18and while that's most likely a placeholder date, the fact a rentalservice lists the game indicates it will be a retail disc release, nota download.

EA Sports has yet to confirm its intentions for NBAJam on PS3 or 360; it was originally to have been a free download witha one-use code shipping in NBA Elite 11, which was indefinitely postponed on Sept. 27. That version would have come without the game's "Remix Tour Mode."

Since the delay's announcement, however, the game's creative director has said EA Sports is "trying to throw it all in there"and deliver a release with most, if not all of the content in the Wiiversion, which released Oct. 5. That, plus high-definition graphics andonline multiplayer, would seem to justify a $50 or $60 pricetag onsomething originally intended to be free.

It was recently revealed, by the winning bidder on an authentic copyof NBA Elite 11 whose NBA Jam download code still worked, that loading screens tipped off plans to offer Remix Tour as downloadable content later on.

Kotaku has contacted a representative of EA Sports Vancouver for comment. If any is given, it will be updated here.

Update: An EA Sports spokesman has responded. "Thedevelopment team is working hard on NBA Jam on Xbox 360 and PS3 to getit finished in time for the holidays. We are not prepared to make anyannouncements at this time but we should have some exciting news toshare very soon."

NBA Jam [Gamefly, via Geoff Hathaway]

anec2.gif

http://kotaku.com/5663141...point-to-nba-jam-on-disc

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5663141/signs-point-to-nba-jam-on-disc[/h1]
[h1]Signs Point To NBA Jam On Disc [Updated][/h1]

GameFly has listed NBA Jam's PS3 and 360 version for release Nov. 18and while that's most likely a placeholder date, the fact a rentalservice lists the game indicates it will be a retail disc release, nota download.

EA Sports has yet to confirm its intentions for NBAJam on PS3 or 360; it was originally to have been a free download witha one-use code shipping in NBA Elite 11, which was indefinitely postponed on Sept. 27. That version would have come without the game's "Remix Tour Mode."

Since the delay's announcement, however, the game's creative director has said EA Sports is "trying to throw it all in there"and deliver a release with most, if not all of the content in the Wiiversion, which released Oct. 5. That, plus high-definition graphics andonline multiplayer, would seem to justify a $50 or $60 pricetag onsomething originally intended to be free.

It was recently revealed, by the winning bidder on an authentic copyof NBA Elite 11 whose NBA Jam download code still worked, that loading screens tipped off plans to offer Remix Tour as downloadable content later on.

Kotaku has contacted a representative of EA Sports Vancouver for comment. If any is given, it will be updated here.

Update: An EA Sports spokesman has responded. "Thedevelopment team is working hard on NBA Jam on Xbox 360 and PS3 to getit finished in time for the holidays. We are not prepared to make anyannouncements at this time but we should have some exciting news toshare very soon."

NBA Jam [Gamefly, via Geoff Hathaway]

anec2.gif

I'm not trying to break it being on 360/PS3 as it's some kind of breaking news. I'm just reassuring everyone that's it's coming out and not via download like assumed.

I'm not trying to break it being on 360/PS3 as it's some kind of breaking news. I'm just reassuring everyone that's it's coming out and not via download like assumed.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

I'm pretty sure you're late on that one too...

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

I'm pretty sure you're late on that one too...

You could've atleast checked the links in the article trevelyan, specifically the one dated sept. that links to "NBA Elite 11 Delayed; NBA Jam To Ship Separately By Holidays". Thanks though, somebody ain't know yet.

You could've atleast checked the links in the article trevelyan, specifically the one dated sept. that links to "NBA Elite 11 Delayed; NBA Jam To Ship Separately By Holidays". Thanks though, somebody ain't know yet.

the fact a rental service lists the game indicates it will be a retail disc release, not a download.

indifferent.gif

So they went from saying that it would come as a free code with NBA Elite 11 to being a stand alone disc title? This BETTER not cost the full retail price then. It should cost as much as Super Street Fighter IV when it came out.

The only good thing about it being a disc title is that it will have 1000 achievement points.

the fact a rental service lists the game indicates it will be a retail disc release, not a download.

indifferent.gif

So they went from saying that it would come as a free code with NBA Elite 11 to being a stand alone disc title? This BETTER not cost the full retail price then. It should cost as much as Super Street Fighter IV when it came out.

The only good thing about it being a disc title is that it will have 1000 achievement points.

Back
Top Bottom