NBA LIVE 15: PS$ and XB1 released

I'll be getting this on Tuesday. It has intrigued me enough to get it even though I have 2k. First live I will buy since 2009.

Hope you dont regret the purchase lol

My favorite lives are 98, 04, and 2010.

Odd that all of those are 6 years apart.

So ill most likely like live 2016 :lol:

My fav lives are 98 2000 01 04 and 05

08 was terrible. No matter what you would always have one really good quarter. An awful quarter. And 2 balanced quarters.

04 was tight cause you could pick you kicks in that one. And then the came out with the dunk contest in 05. **** was too official b

2000 was dope cause it had mike in it and you could play one on ones outside. 2k ripped that off but it was corny.

My fav lives are 98 2000 01 04 and 05

08 was terrible. No matter what you would always have one really good quarter. An awful quarter. And 2 balanced quarters.

04 was tight cause you could pick you kicks in that one. And then the came out with the dunk contest in 05. **** was too official b

2000 was dope cause it had mike in it and you could play one on ones outside. 2k ripped that off but it was corny.

Live 05 was the best live

I was unstoppable with the Kings in Live '05. Some games I could hit 4-5 threes back-to-back with Peja. :lol:

The amount of games that started 12-0 or 15-0 because of that.

Bibby steal and fast break to Peja on the wing at the 3-pt line, or..

Brad Miller rebound, outlet to Bibby, kick out to Peja: MONEY :pimp:

Last edited:
I thought they were laughing at how baggy his clothes were :lol: . Warm up pants look like they were made by Girbaud.

Last edited:
Yeah his clothes and just the way he looks in general :lol:

I will definitely be passing on this game. Just too hard to Justify buying it when COD is right around the corner. And before I buy FIFA or PES

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day[/h2]
bullet.gif
  Submitted on: 10/27/2014 by
31165.jpg
What are your impressions of NBA Live 15 ahead of release?

Steve Noah: NBA Live 15 still has some odd passing animations and quite a few bad animations in general, but it is a lot better than last year, especially on the atmosphere and graphics side of the house. The ESPN broadcast camera angle is perfect, make sure you try it out.

No sliders, and the absence of player edits, will eventually kill this game for me. It feels sluggish and needs to be sped up just a little bit. I do enjoy the net physics, spacing seems to be a little better and the controls. I feel more in control of my player, with almost no sliding whatsoever. But man, the shoes, though, they are to die for. The detail is scary good.

The fast break is fun, but I'm seeing too many people get dunked on in traffic. One thing that really bothers me is that for some reason, fast players like John Wall and Dame Lillard slow down to a snail pace when they are ahead of the pack and defenders catch up and sometimes pass them to get into position. That shouldn’t happen with the fastest players in the game, with or without the ball.

Getting adjusted to the quick release points on jumpers will take some time to get used to. Some of the blocked shot animations I saw were very well done. I had a few nicely timed blocks with Westbrook that opened my eyes as I camped out in instant replay mode watching it over and over again. AI player movement is stagnant, many times players are just standing around waiting for something to happen on default settings, so make sure you set player movement to auto. It helps.

There really aren't too many post moves and it feels a little odd having to press the stick in to get into post position. It's great to finally see the AI help on defense, but it seems the AI is a little brain dead in the paint, making it too easy to get inside and score.

Late game AI isn’t up to snuff. LeBron held the ball without a dribble and hoisted a turn around 2-pointer at the buzzer when down three. On another occasion, I was down three with 10 seconds left and the AI passed it inside the paint and the player just sat there until a three-second call was made. I ended up having a chance to tie things up with a 3 at the buzzer, but missed. Having a decent game only to have the AI completely whiff on late game situations is a disaster.

While the rebounding animations are a lot better, we need a box out button, so we can battle for position. I'm seeing too many on the ball steals, even bench players are swiping from Kyrie Irving. I'll have to bump up the foul sliders and test it out.

I had a nice dunk with Westbrook early on, but for some odd reason, after going into replay mode and coming back out of it, the bucket didn’t count. That was strange. A few people have mentioned to me that they have been fouled on a 2-point shot and were given three free throws, but I haven't seen that myself.

If this game had a create-a-player mode that you could take online with your friends and challenge others, I'd really be happy.
31166.jpg
Robert Kollars: With the lack of media for the game, it was starting to feel like NBA Live 14 all over again. Luckily though, this isn't the case. While I wouldn't claim NBA Live 15 is on the same level as the "other game," it's still a decent size jump from last year's debacle.

Some of the biggest improvements you will notice right away is in the graphics and animations department. NBA Live 14 suffered horribly from the lack of contextual animations, and the flow of the game suffered because of it. In Live 15, the amount of newer animations is noticeably better from the minute you fire the game up. That's not to say Live 15 is perfect in that department, because it's not. Users will still notice a lack of proper animations in the paint, and and some of the ones that are there are just flat out - well, wonky looking.

In the graphics department, users will notice a nice upgrade in player faces, and the arenas are second to none. Each team's arena feels like a living, breathing structure, and they each have a uniqueness that is welcomed and helps differentiate the clubs. In regards to the actual player models, the players with scanned faces look very good to great. Sadly though, it makes the ones who didn't get scanned look like they were drawn with a crayon (OK that may be an exaggeration - but still). The physical models look to be an upgrade also, although I struggle that some of the point guards in the league have 24-inch pythons for arms, unless of course they have been saying their prayers, and taking their vitamins.

The game play in Live 15 is an overall improvement, but still has areas that need to be cleaned up and corrected. I liken this to another EA title in MVP 04. The predecessor to MVP 05 showed the community what it's capable of, but it's not quite there yet. If EA really does bolster the team that will be working on NBA Live 16, it could be a very good year in 2015 for hoops fans.

I probably will pick it up next year when it is cheap.

I appreciate the honesty coming from the EA devs etc.

Actually addressing known issues and keeping those expectations realistic is how to become most successful IMO

I am definitely rooting for them.

I probably will pick it up next year when it is cheap.

I appreciate the honesty coming from the EA devs etc.

Actually addressing known issues and keeping those expectations realistic is how to become most successful IMO

I am definitely rooting for them.
That's OS Sports impression

EA has been very public about addressing issues with this franchise all year though. They have been very straighforward and have been listening to the community. which is a breath of fresh air coming from EA

First In-Game Update Details:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws
ps4-controls-header.jpg

Here’s the full list of controls on Offense and Defense.

[h3]Offensive Controls[/h3]
ps4-controls-img1.jpg

[h3]Basic Dribble Moves [/h3]
ps4-controls-img2.jpg

[h3]Signature Dribble Moves [/h3]
ps4-controls-img3.jpg

[h3]Shot Types [/h3]
ps4-controls-img4.jpg

[h3]Passing[/h3]
ps4-controls-img5.jpg

[h3]Advanced Footwork [/h3]
ps4-controls-img6.jpg

[h3]Post Play [/h3]
ps4-controls-img7.jpg

[h3]Advanced Post[/h3]
ps4-controls-img8.jpg

[h3]Post Offense Actions [/h3]
ps4-controls-img9.jpg

[h3]Offensive Player Actions [/h3]
ps4-controls-img10.jpg

[h3]Offensive Quick Plays [/h3]
ps4-controls-img11.jpg

[h3]Offensive Team Specific Plays [/h3]
ps4-controls-img12.jpg

[h3]Defensive Controls [/h3]
ps4-controls-img13.jpg

[h3]Advanced Defense [/h3]
ps4-controls-img14.jpg

[h3]Post Defense [/h3]
ps4-controls-img15.jpg

[h3]Rebounding [/h3]
ps4-controls-img16.jpg

[h3]Defensive Pressure [/h3]
ps4-controls-img17.jpg

[h3]Player Lock Off Ball Controls [/h3]
ps4-controls-img18.jpg
[h3]  [/h3]

xb1-controls-header.jpg

Here’s the full list of controls on Offense and Defense.

[h3]Offensive Controls[/h3]
xb1-controls-img1.jpg

[h3]Basic Dribble Moves [/h3]
xb1-controls-img2.jpg

[h3]Signature Dribble Moves [/h3]
xb1-controls-img3.jpg

[h3]Shot Types [/h3]
xb1-controls-img4.jpg

[h3]Passing[/h3]
xb1-controls-img5.jpg

[h3]Advanced Footwork [/h3]
xb1-controls-img6.jpg

[h3]Post Play [/h3]
xb1-controls-img7.jpg

[h3]Advanced Post[/h3]
xb1-controls-img8.jpg

[h3]Post Offense Actions [/h3]
xb1-controls-img9.jpg

[h3]Offensive Player Actions [/h3]
xb1-controls-img10.jpg

[h3]Offensive Quick Plays [/h3]
xb1-controls-img11.jpg

[h3]Offensive Team Specific Plays [/h3]
xb1-controls-img12.jpg

[h3]Defensive Controls [/h3]
xb1-controls-img13.jpg

[h3]Advanced Defense [/h3]
xb1-controls-img14.jpg

[h3]Post Defense [/h3]
xb1-controls-img15.jpg

[h3]Rebounding [/h3]
xb1-controls-img16.jpg

[h3]Defensive Pressure [/h3]
xb1-controls-img17.jpg

[h3]Player Lock Off Ball Controls [/h3]
xb1-controls-img18.jpg

Another review

Polygon - 6/10

All the other reviews should be out by the end of the day. I'll try the demo out when it's available.

I wish they bring back the slam dunk contest, I really like the controls on it . From nba live 05-07 those were the days were I create my player n participate the dunk contest lol

Back
Top Bottom