NBA LIVE 2010 or NBA 2K10?

Here, NT will tell you 2k10 no matter how bad or good it is.

Haven't tried either this year, but I have heard of many problems with 2k10.

I've been trying to decide too. I haven't bought a basketball game since Live 2001. Any help would appreciate.

I hear positives and negatives about both.. I've had 2k the last 5 years but seems like so many problems this year. I will probably wait for a patch orsomething before I buy the game

I tried both demo's. Since about 06.. I've been a NBA 2K guy. However, I'm leaning towards Live this year. I've read many bugs reported in the2K10 retail version.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Live this year.. 2K dropped the ball with 10' no pun intended

That's how I feel too. 2k is BUGGY this year from a lot of people including personal experience. Live isn't as good as far as gameplay goes, but2k's struggles with lag and general issues for gameplay make me like Live better this year.

2k10...I bought 2k10 an rented live10 and live just doesn't compare...live did improve but still not better then 2k..also the my player mode is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

2k by a hair.

This is true. I purchased Nba 2k10 and rented Live. Ive purchased 2k for 10 years since it first came out on dreamcast so i been through it all

Live has a fun factor to it. The players are easier to operate. Crossovers and moves are more fun to do and not a task like 2k10. The players shooting form aremore accurate than 2k10. Some of the players that were really accurate last year on 2k10 like the lebron mini fade on all his jumpers are gone. They fixed whatwasnt broken.

Live i could actually could find myself playing this.

Live's player models arent as good as 2k10. Graphics and player shapes and overall look of the players is better on 2k10. The movement although slower on2k10 is smoother than on live. Its like the players are running around like a headless chicken.

Also the way the shot hits the net on live and the swishes are ehhh. On live you would have the big guys jumping out of nowhere sort've arcadeish to getrebounds. its not smooth.

Yes Live is on its way. 2k10 is slightly better but took 2 steps back from last year. 2k10 has more of a lasting appeal because of the other stuff added.

So 2k10 by a hair

Live will always be too arcade for my tastes.

The way I see it ... 2k = people who care about more technical features of the game ... Live = people who just want to play basketball.

Man I don't know what to get...

I hear a lot of bugs on 2k10, but i know they'll get patched up easily. Plus that My Player mode sounds really fun.

Live 10's controls are a lot easier and less frustrating, but the lack of modes sucks.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Man I don't know what to get...

I hear a lot of bugs on 2k10, but i know they'll get patched up easily. Plus that My Player mode sounds really fun.

Live 10's controls are a lot easier and less frustrating, but the lack of modes sucks.
plenty of modes in live10. just as many as 2k10 actually.

2K always starts out like this, then a patch comes and all is golden. There are many complaints and problems because the majority of us play 2K, and haveplayed previous titles as well. So, it seems we are griping about it so much cause a lot of us are playing, as opposed to everyone playing live, and being ableto compare this year to previous years... yadda. 2K10 will ultimately turn out as the better simulation basketball game after it's all said and done. 2Kwill sharpen some edges, fix bugs and servers like ALWAYS, and it'll be all good.

Get 2K10.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

2K always starts out like this, then a patch comes and all is golden. There are many complaints and problems because the majority of us play 2K, and have played previous titles as well. So, it seems we are griping about it so much cause a lot of us are playing, as opposed to everyone playing live, and being able to compare this year to previous years... yadda. 2K10 will ultimately turn out as the better simulation basketball game after it's all said and done. 2K will sharpen some edges, fix bugs and servers like ALWAYS, and it'll be all good.

Get 2K10.

True. No matter what, Live will always be arcade-!#@ and ive currently have both right now. I really wanted to sell my 2k10 but i know deep down that 2k10patch will make it all better and Live10 will still be not on par with 2k10s simulation and player models.

i just wished that for our hard earned $59.99 + tax, the game would be better than this buggish BS that they bring out.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

2k by a hair.

This is true. I purchased Nba 2k10 and rented Live. Ive purchased 2k for 10 years since it first came out on dreamcast so i been through it all

Live has a fun factor to it. The players are easier to operate. Crossovers and moves are more fun to do and not a task like 2k10. The players shooting form are more accurate than 2k10. Some of the players that were really accurate last year on 2k10 like the lebron mini fade on all his jumpers are gone. They fixed what wasnt broken.

Live i could actually could find myself playing this.

Live's player models arent as good as 2k10. Graphics and player shapes and overall look of the players is better on 2k10. The movement although slower on 2k10 is smoother than on live. Its like the players are running around like a headless chicken.

Also the way the shot hits the net on live and the swishes are ehhh. On live you would have the big guys jumping out of nowhere sort've arcadeish to get rebounds. its not smooth.

Yes Live is on its way. 2k10 is slightly better but took 2 steps back from last year. 2k10 has more of a lasting appeal because of the other stuff added.

So 2k10 by a hair
thank you this helps with my decision on whether to grab 2k10 or live '10

i dont think its worth $60 its almost like last years game, i find theres something with the slowdown in the game.. im sure its still better than live

Back
Top Bottom