NBA Myth: The LA/Memphis trade was extremely one-sided....

Yes it happened years ago.
Yes I'm bringing it back up now. 

I think people get caught up in the hype of what took place then..."oh they traded Pau for Kwame Brown" but, that deal turned out to be NOT that bad for Memphis. Obviously at the time they were a struggling franchise with an all-star center in Gasol but not much else around him. Pau had taken them as far as he could by himself, so it was obvious that Memphis needed a fresh start and as much talent/depth they could get. 

So let's take a look at what they received in exchange for Pau. 

Kwame Brown - $9 million expiring contract (cap relief)

J. Crittendon - a rookie, who at the time had potential but didn't pan out

Draft picks which led to Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Grelvis Vasquez

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not bad right?[/font]

Yes it happened years ago.
Yes I'm bringing it back up now. 

I think people get caught up in the hype of what took place then..."oh they traded Pau for Kwame Brown" but, that deal turned out to be NOT that bad for Memphis. Obviously at the time they were a struggling franchise with an all-star center in Gasol but not much else around him. Pau had taken them as far as he could by himself, so it was obvious that Memphis needed a fresh start and as much talent/depth they could get. 

So let's take a look at what they received in exchange for Pau. 

Kwame Brown - $9 million expiring contract (cap relief)

J. Crittendon - a rookie, who at the time had potential but didn't pan out

Draft picks which led to Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Grelvis Vasquez

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not bad right?[/font]

LA got fast tracked to title contender...Memphis still sucks.

I fail to see your point.

LA got fast tracked to title contender...Memphis still sucks.

I fail to see your point.

im a laker fan, it was hugely one-sided. dont care though.
laugh.gif

the same people who cry about this trade and talk about how bad it was turn a blind eye to the fact that lebron, wade, and bosh pretty much all consipred to play together since the 2008 olympics. something i have no problem with but you know the same consipiracy theory clowns are going to come in talkin about how the nba is rigged and tried to help the lakers.

still the trade wasn't as bad as people make it seem, memphis got what it wanted from the trade and marc gasol ended up being a decent find, they went from crap to a 40 win team in 2 seasons but their a poorly ran team so they probably won't continue to improve.

the same people who cry about this trade and talk about how bad it was turn a blind eye to the fact that lebron, wade, and bosh pretty much all consipred to play together since the 2008 olympics. something i have no problem with but you know the same consipiracy theory clowns are going to come in talkin about how the nba is rigged and tried to help the lakers.

still the trade wasn't as bad as people make it seem, memphis got what it wanted from the trade and marc gasol ended up being a decent find, they went from crap to a 40 win team in 2 seasons but their a poorly ran team so they probably won't continue to improve.

Back
Top Bottom