NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I think Stack can still be a reliable 8-10 PPG scorer.

Not sure how he fits in Atlanta with Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Mo Evans and Jamal Crawford occupying the SG/SF positions.
Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I know the Nuggets just picked up James White, but they can't be serious enough to trot him and Arron Afflalo as their SGs till J.R. Smith comes back from his suspension right?

What's Jerry Stackhouse up to? George Karl needs to use that UNC connection
laugh.gif
I don't think it's that bad. White was always pretty decent on the defensive end and Afflalo wasn't too bad in Detriot. It's not like Dahntay Jones was that great.
The Nuggets are going to need some kind of scorer off the bench since Smith will be starting (I think?) and Linas Kleiza is in Europe.
Afflalo should start, just like Dahntay did Defensive purposes and then JR should come over the bench.

I think they Dallas is going to trade Damp for Lee and Curry midseason. If curry can get in shape that wouldn't be a bad pick up at all IMO. Get Lee forthe title run, get another big who "should" be in shape by midseason. You could even start Lee at the 5. I think its nice. Mark Cuban definitely useDamp to get something. Maybe Ray Allen and Rajon since rumors were flying around about them. Tyson Chandler from Charlotte ? Something.

The Nuggets starting 5 will be...

Chauncey
JR
Melo
K-Mart
Nene

Off the bench:
Ty Lawson
Flip Murray
Aflalo
James White
Birdman
Petro

I'm positive this is what it will look like, which would make a pretty dope Nuggets team
Malik Allen

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

The Nuggets starting 5 will be...

Chauncey
JR
Melo
K-Mart
Nene

Off the bench:
Ty Lawson/Carter
Aflalo
Balkman
James White
Birdman
Petro

I'm positive this is what it will look like, which would make a pretty dope Nuggets team
Malik Allen
Fixed

Without Linas Kleiza, theres really no threat from the bench, Birdman is D, and we have yet to see Balkman be producing steadily.
I just wanna see how Ty Lawson does with Denver.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Afflalo should start, just like Dahntay did Defensive purposes and then JR should come over the bench.

I think they Dallas is going to trade Damp for Lee and Curry midseason. If curry can get in shape that wouldn't be a bad pick up at all IMO. Get Lee for the title run, get another big who "should" be in shape by midseason. You could even start Lee at the 5. I think its nice. Mark Cuban definitely use Damp to get something. Maybe Ray Allen and Rajon since rumors were flying around about them. Tyson Chandler from Charlotte ? Something.
that would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do the mavs need THAT much frontcourt help though...?
i mean, they dont have a legit 5 (correct me if im wrong, my memory isnt that great) but they do have a solid frontcourt in matrix+dirk.

and i think jr should come off the bench. they really need birdmans+his spark off the bench...
and better pray that nene+kmart stays healthy.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Flip Murray reportedly signs with Charlotte for a year.
eek.gif

that was random, didnt think he would sign there but if its true then thats a very very good pickup IMO.
They didn't want McCants, that's why.

With the progress J.R.showed this past season, he's earned the privilege to start.

I would sign Stackhouse to round help provide a punch off the bench.

Chauncey, J.R., Melo, KMart and Nene starting with Petro, Birdman, Allen, Balkman, Stack, White, Afflalo, Lawson and Carter to round off the roster.

Avoid Stackhouse, I'm telling you.

He may be a good lockerroom presence, but nothing else.

His shot has fallen off dramatically. His athleticism is down the drain, he doesn't really bring much to the table. If you want someone who will knock downa shot for you, Afflalo is sufficient enough to throw out there, because he can play D too.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

The only type of player that Damp is going to get traded for is for Chris Bosh or a player of that caliber.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

laugh.gif

I'd be damn pleased to have David Lee for Dampier.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The only type of player that Damp is going to get traded for is for Chris Bosh or a player of that caliber.

laugh.gif

dont get me wrong i will too, but Lee is on a one year deal.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

dont get me wrong i will too, but Lee is on a one year deal.
Damp expires next year(basically) and David Lee does too, David could give you guys the push to help be serious qualifiers for contention. Youguys have no depth behind Dirk and Curry and Lee would help tremendously, especially because Curry will be getting PT this year so they can trade him.

Maybe even Damp+1st for Curry+Nate/Lee

Mavs have no need for an undersized guard who won't play defense, we have that in JJ.

We are also in no position to be giving up any first rounders anytime soon.
laugh.gif

From Dime...
According to an ESPN Radio report, Skip is already not feeling his situation with the Nets - where he's definitely backing up Devin Harris and will have to battle Keyon Dooling for the #2 job - and wants to be traded to either New York or Miami.
Honestly, I was very surprised he stayed quiet this summer. Ever since Skip gained some NBA stardom with Toronto & Miami, he won't acceptanything less than a starting spot... and isn't afraid to voice that.

Pack your bags Q
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Bad news for the Raptors...
[h1]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y....8vLYF?slug=ap-raptors-bosh&prov=ap&type=lgns[/h1]
[h1]Raptors F Bosh expected to miss start of camp[/h1]

TORONTO (AP)-Raptors forward Chris Bosh is expected to miss the start of training camp because of a strained left hamstring.

The team made the announcement on Friday.

The four-time All-Star first felt soreness during a training session at home in Dallas last week. The pain returned during a workout in Toronto on Wednesday.

The Raptors are scheduled to open their five-day training camp Tuesday in Ottawa. They begin exhibition play Oct. 6 against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bosh averaged a career-high 22.7 points and 10.0 rebounds last year. The six-year veteran will be a free agent at the end of the season.

He will be reevaluated when the team returns to Toronto after the camp.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

3 team trade
Q rich to the Knicks
Alston to the Heat
Jeffries to the Nets

Do it Mitch!!!
wait, what???
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He gets traded like a hundred times in the summer only to comeback to the knicks??? talk about going full circle in a cycle

why would we take q back after trading him?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there would be an huge log jam with q+hughes+will+gallo.
now if you substitute curry in that, i might pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom