NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Mavericks agree to deal for Marion
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
9 hours, 11 minutes ago
Buzz up!22 votes
Print
More From Adrian Wojnarowski
Pacers land Jones Jul 8, 2009
McDyess to sign with Spurs Jul 8, 2009

The Dallas Mavericks have reached agreement to acquire Shawn Marion(notes) in a sign-and-trade deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources said Wednesday.

The Mavericks and Raptors recruited the Orlando Magic and Memphis Grizzlies to help facilitate the deal. The Raptors will get Hedo Turkoglu in a sign-and-tradedeal with the Magic rather than signing him outright. They also will receive forwards Devean George and Antoine Wright from the Mavericks.

Marion will receive a five-year, $40 million contract from the Mavericks.

Stackhouse will go to the Grizzlies, who will waive him. Only $2 million of Stackhouse's $7 million contract for next season is guaranteed. The Grizzlieswill receive cash, likely $3 million, to participate in the trade.

Toronto, which gets to keep its midlevel salary-cap exception, sends a trade exception to Orlando. The Mavericks also will receive forward Kris Humphries fromthe Raptors.

The Dallas Morning News first reported the Mavericks were nearing a deal for Marion, describing the trade as "on the lip of the cup."

Raptors end up with Turkoglu, George, Wright after sign and trading Marion to the Mavs and sending them Humphries basically

leaving us with...

Bargs - Bosh - Turk - DeRozan - Calderon

Evans - George - Wright - Ukic - O'Bryant off the bench

but this deal also gives the Raps back access to spending the MLE and LLE which might be able to bring us Klieza or Delfino, and I'd like to think aboutOberto with a vet-min contract since he's been waived

Colangelo is doing work!

RicBucherHere's the deal: Marion/Humphries/Buckner to Dal. DGeorge/AWright to Tor. Stackhouse/Douby + cash to Mem. And Tor signs Turkoglu.

Man why couldn't we have gotten Douby, at least he's not old.
laugh.gif

I'll take it though. Maybe we can buy Buck out.

I NEVER liked him.

Maybe he can play some D against scrubs in garbage time.

Dont be surprised if Quis comes back with the Bi-Annual Exception. I have good word that the Mavs have spoken with his agent, that was a little bit ago, so I dont know if talks have continued.

pimp.gif

If Quis comes back for cheap,we get rid of Stack and Devean FREAKING George for Marion and if Gortat can catch a basketball while on the move I really likethis offseason.

Seriously Colangelo said he would get creative to create cap space but danm he really put in some work.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So Delfino will be back and maybe Pops (who is trying to make the switch to SF), I wish we would have got AP instead...
ohwell.gif

Matt Barnes and Von Wafer would be the two guys I would target to get some bench scoring.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Don't get me wrong the contract is ridiculous but Anderson's defensive value should not be overlooked.

QFT...He was EASILY the 3rd most valuable player for us last year behind our 2 All-Stars (Mo
laugh.gif
) before the ORL series. I repeat, BEFORE THE ORL SERIES.Delonte was the ONLY one besides Bron Bron doing his thing.

I'm happy as a CAVS fan today getting Parker (dude is mad underrated
pimp.gif
) & locking up AV. I know we gave him too much, but he's a lot better/morevaluable than most of you dudes who have only seen him play against Dwight Howard act like. I was thinking 6 for 40 would do it (& be reasonable), but 6for 50 is a bit surprising to say the least...

AND don't be fooled, A LOT of teams were interested. I just think Danny gave him the Akon treatment to end it as fast as he possibly could.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I'm MUCH MORE confident in our chances next year than I was 24 hours ago...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Dont be surprised if Quis comes back with the Bi-Annual Exception. I have good word that the Mavs have spoken with his agent, that was a little bit ago, so I dont know if talks have continued.
pimp.gif

If Quis comes back for cheap,we get rid of Stack and Devean FREAKING George for Marion and if Gortat can catch a basketball while on the move I really like this offseason.

What is the BAE exactly? Is it the LLE?

What kind of contract did we give Quinton Ross? Was he our LLE?
nerd.gif

WOW, my Cavs just took a big L, wow, looks like we really have no chance to go after anybody else in 2010 other than Lebron, Danny Ferry, WTH were you thinking

Originally Posted by franchise3

My dude Osh already knows about 'Instant Buckets' Von Wafer
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You guys are not resigning him right? After his blowup with Addleman he might have worn out his welcome.

Could he be had for the NBA minimum?

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

WOW, my Cavs just took a big L, wow, looks like we really have no chance to go after anybody else in 2010 other than Lebron, Danny Ferry, WTH were you thinking

False, Shaq comes off the books after this season & who knows what will happen before then. We definitely overpaid, but it was imperative we kept him IMO.Without AV, '09-'10 would have been a disaster/waisted season. Dude does more things that DON'T go into the official stat sheet than anyone in theL.
pimp.gif
...And I don't wanna hear the flopping jokes
laugh.gif

EDIT: Dudes need to STOP posting he got 60 mill. He got 50 mill for SIX years...

The Mavericks making major moves. Now that Jones is gone, I think the Nuggets are in a good position to re-sign Kleiza. They won't be the same withoutJones though.

Originally Posted by raptors29

The Mavericks making major moves. Now that Jones is gone, I think the Nuggets are in a good position to re-sign Kleiza. They won't be the same without Jones though.
It forces them to start JR.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by raptors29

The Mavericks making major moves. Now that Jones is gone, I think the Nuggets are in a good position to re-sign Kleiza. They won't be the same without Jones though.
It forces them to start JR.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

We could dip into the MLE for Von, but I think he's gone. Writing's on the wall, with Ariza, and buying 2 2nd draft picks in Taylor and Buddinger. Butyou never know. He's looking for more than the minimum though, which he made last year.

If AV can get that scratch, Big Baby, Lee and Odom are gonna demand at least that.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

False, Shaq comes off the books after this season & who knows what will happen before then. We definitely overpaid, but it was imperative we kept him IMO. Without AV, '09-'10 would have been a disaster/wasted season. Dude does more things that DON'T go into the official stat sheet than anyone in the L.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: Dudes need to STOP posting he got 60 mill. He got 50 mill for SIX years...
agreed. we might have overpaid but we need AV on the team. he helps in many ways. i dont know who else we could have got in his place for thisseason if we let him go. I'm not mad at Ferry or DGilbert at all. If this signing is the reason LeBron leaves, it wasnt meant to be in the first place sodon't say "Huge L for Cavs/Huge W for Knick fans"

if he wants to go hes gonna go no matter what!

AV
pimp.gif

Buckner's deal is only partially guaranteed.

Man this ended up working out for everybody.

Toronto helped us got Hedo and still have money to play with.

Orlando can add another major piece with that exception.

All is right in the world.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

False, Shaq comes off the books after this season & who knows what will happen before then. We definitely overpaid, but it was imperative we kept him IMO. Without AV, '09-'10 would have been a disaster/waisted season. Dude does more things that DON'T go into the official stat sheet than anyone in the L.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

The problem is, that might not be enough. In 2010-2011, Mo is getting $9M, Varejao is getting $7M (it's actually $42M but incentives can makeit $50M), Delonte is getting $4.6M, Boobie is getting $4M, current rookies will get like $2-3M combined, Parker figures to get $3-4M and you know Bron wantsaround $20M.

That's already close to $50M. No way the Cavs will get another good free agent to entice LeBron to re-sign unless they dump Mo/Varejao
laugh.gif

Wow Danny Ferry and Cavs management are officially the worst at what they do in the league. They'll be picking #1 in the 2011 draft. I hope he's abust.

Back
Top Bottom