NBA or PBA Player you pattern your basketball game after

Who are the professional basketball players that you look up to? Both from the current rosters and the legends. Does this affect your opinion on shoes?Example: you would only wear the brand that your favorite player wears. To what extent?

of course Michael Jordan, because he is the GOAT. BUT of course, i dont and i cant play like him.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
thatswhy i (well we!) collect his shoes.i respect and i look up to him because of his passion,love and respect for the game. and how he carries himself both on andoff the court. up to this day i still wish that i could be like him just for a day.the way he elevates, shoots that fadeaway j, his bizzer beaters and aboveall his championships under his belt. honestly, i can't comment on the players that came before him because i never had the chance to watchout for theirrespctive careers.although i saw their accomplishments in those documentaries made by nba video
happy.gif
e.g. Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and the showtime Lakers.ang generation ko na kasi is yungera ni Mj and the 90's Chicago Bulls, tapos yung rookie class na nila Kobe, K.G. and A.I up to now.other than him, roll players na lang like Robert"Big shot Rob" Horry, Michael Finley, Derek Fisher, Ron Harper.coz' they play important roles to the teams success.Of course the present ChicagoBulls specially Derrick Rose and my man: Luol Deng!!!i believe that these 2 guys are the future of my beloved franchise. kaya ata lahat ng shoes ko for playingbball are mostly white/varsity red, all black and black/red na nike which happens to be my 2 favorite colors.hehe
laugh.gif
. yung pwede iterno sa uniform ng bulls.its been 11 years since the last championship bannerwas raised in the rafters in the United Center. sana madagdagan na.hehe
smile.gif
in the PBA?well there's only one and his name is: ALVIN PATRIMONIO.Nobody else
smile.gif

THANKS RED

sa NBA of course idol is MJ the JKidd, Melo and so on but i wouldn't say i patter my game to anybody right now, ever since i came to the US naiba ang laroko i had to shoot more from the oputside due to taller opponents and putting up excess weight, haha ,

way back in the Philippines, growing up i idolized the captain alvin patrimonio but i was never really a post player during high school, i was more of aslasher back then and patterned my game after bong ravena actually always cutting to the basket and moving from baseline to baseline without the ball, takingopen corner jumpers etc.

right now i'm more of a spot up shooter, i have vastly improved my outside shot and range kasi nga malalaki na ang kalaban dito saka nanaba na

personally i look up to boris diaw.. i post up a lot, but i love passing more than shooting. for me, there's nothing better than a completed play off abeautiful pass. my favorite moves are pass and rebound
smile.gif

ive got Kobe's jumper, same form, release and everything (everyone in my university says so too, di ko na lang sasabihin alin haha)... too bad i can'tknock 45% of my attempts though. LOL more like 4/13FGs haha

as they say... hanggang porma lng hahaha

haven't really had time to play on a consistent basis for the last couple of years though...

^ wow! pareng ryan mark madsen! nice.. me i pattern my game from chris wilcox... one of my favorite centers! we have the same low post threat inside!

i pattern my game from tracy mcgrady(mostly jumpers).. my fav. move the fake drive-turn around J..

left handed penny hardaway here, sometimes i can be like van exel
laugh.gif
,locally, i follow the game of boybits victoria and we are talking about 5-10 years ago
laugh.gif

I used to study Iverson's killer crossover, I remember finding a website with a tutorial on it during my college days
tongue.gif

Good thing medyo nakuha ko naman hehe
laugh.gif

Mchale and Olajuwon. old school
laugh.gif
and a little bit of Karl malone.Too bad cant play anymore.

i look up to MJ and kobe! i studied and took MJ's fade away jump shot and kobe's passion and hunger of the game. willing to do anything to win thegame.

Dwyane Wade, CP3 and Tony Parker.. because I like playing open court basketball.. I'm a kobe fan but I can't emulate his game..
smile.gif

Gilbert Arenas.

Nope it doesn't affect my love for some styles of shoes, but the hype minsan it gets to me.

Used to pattern my game after Vergel Meneses, including the sleeveless undershirt and superstar / promodel kicks. Syempre di mawawala si MJ including the fadeaway jumper and mostly the moves under the basket.

But that was 16 years and 50lbs ago wherein I can still jump. Hehehe.

Originally Posted by 1and12

Gilbert Arenas.

Nope it doesn't affect my love for some styles of shoes, but the hype minsan it gets to me.
pre! we haven't played in a while na ah! i remember your Agent 0 moves hehe.
wink.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]it's the length of one day.
One Half.
One shot clock.
This number is my promise,
to dominate every moment

24[/color]

Back
Top Bottom