NBA Playoff cities-----question for fans.

Damn guys, can't a brother ask a question around here?
laugh.gif

Look, I'm NOT asking about predictions, or finals, or who's the best. Everyone relax.

I'm asking about the way the individual cities handle the playoffs and whether they do anything special or is it just business as usual. That's all.

I'm not trying to trick anyone, I'm not asking for social security numbers, I'm simply asking how the cities handle their marketing and such forthe teams.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

it's probably bananas up in portland
laugh.gif
right CP?
It is indeed. That's what got me thinking about the question.
CP, it was bananashere in New Orleans as well last year, especially since we had homecourt in the 1st and 2nd rounds. People are still excited about this year but not asmuch.

laugh.gif
right CP?
The stupid music video they play like 67 times a game up here is OD. But I'm sure it's like that everywhere. Over saturate the market andget EVERYONE to take notice, even the people who dont like sports.

Originally Posted by enrique23

i remember last season i saw a car on the 405 with a CELTICS flag
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

but my flags will come out on sunday
pimp.gif

I $%%+%@ hate all those flags in so cal. And then all of a sudden next week, everybody and their momma is gonna be a laker fanatic, even though theyhaven't followed them all year. I just find all the ban wagoners super annoying

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

laugh.gif
right CP?

Called it.

Chester, are you guilty of something? Called what? I haven't said any damn thing, I'm asking about ALL of the cities and what the athmosphere isthere. How they handle it, what they do etc etc. I haven't said one negative thing.
I don't beat around the bush on anything, if I wanna jump up and down and yell and scream about something, I will. I've done it numerous times and youknow it. So relax man, it's just a question.
wink.gif

All I know is down here in San Diego, dudes that be screaming !@#$ LA, SD 4 Life, are claimin' Lakers now.

Clowns.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

O yeh, i wuz in la this weekend and iv been seeing banners and @%$% in people's front yards but i haven't seen that many jerseys, or shirts tho.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

When Warriors made it a few years back, good GOD the hype was intense, even PRIOR to beating the Mavs.
that was a special situation though
laugh.gif
i remember beingclose to skipping a test just to go to oracle for the clinching away game vs portland...thinking "oh if i get all a's on everything else id still geta b in the class."

it'd be interesting to know what the atmosphere is like in other cities...i dont even know what ncaa bball hype is like since i never felt it during thegood stanford years.

Originally Posted by BeeYorn

Dirty CP, I know what you're up to...
Seriously, I do not understand you guys. Maybe I shoulda sent this question to someone else to be the OP or somethin.

For the love of God, THERE IS NO ANGLE. It is a question. That's it. Answer it or not. This ain't friggin Watergate, I'm not the second gunmanon the grassy knoll, and I've never met Kaizer Sosa.
laugh.gif

Jesus Christ.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Nothing extra here in Cleveland. I guess we already know what the deal is.
pimp.gif

I expect to see more flags on cars, and Cavaliers jerseys though.

yeah, your city is used to losing so they don't get their hopes up.
roll.gif

Portland is pretty crazy about the Blazers but I don't think that its a bad thing. It's not like we have anything else to root for in town...lumberjacks?

Back
Top Bottom