NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
Justice Winslow looks so much smaller than he did in college next to NBA sized wings.

So annoyed that the NBA is charging to watch summer league games online.

I get capitalism, but cmon man... Charging to watch a whole burn of players who won't even be on an NBA roster? :smh:

I might cough up the 15 bucks for the Vegas portion, it's not that much money but it's just the principle.

NBA summer league should be free to watch man :lol:

Missed the game but heard Justise had an off night, he's got to ask for the ball more even though I know that's not his thing

Winslow vs. Stanley tmrw 
devil.gif

Winslow vs. Stanley should be nice.

Winslow is definitely the better pro prospect. Stanley doesn't have the foot speed/quickness to do his SL antics in the regular league. His strength is undeniable but he looks like a slower Tyreke Evans with worse handles and a much better jumper. Winslow on the other hand looks like he can play a point forward with his court awareness, passing, and dribbling skills. He also looks a bit slower than I thought he would but it might also be the summer league camera angles that are being used.

My conclusion thus far:
Stanley is better at putting up stats against inferior competition
Winslow is better at fitting in on a high level offensive team

Where the hell did Tyler Johnson come from? And is he white or extremely light skinned or what?

Grew up with young tyler over on moffett field in mv he was real young and could shoot the lights out

He is half black/white his dad is really light skinned. Actually has a younger brother who is nice as well

Winslow vs. Stanley should be nice.

Winslow is definitely the better pro prospect. Stanley doesn't have the foot speed/quickness to do his SL antics in the regular league. His strength is undeniable but he looks like a slower Tyreke Evans with worse handles and a much better jumper. Winslow on the other hand looks like he can play a point forward with his court awareness, passing, and dribbling skills. He also looks a bit slower than I thought he would but it might also be the summer league camera angles that are being used.

My conclusion thus far:
Stanley is better at putting up stats against inferior competition
Winslow is better at fitting in on a high level offensive team

i disagree stanley actually has the size to play his positionm and its kind of wack to compare him to a pg when he is only a wing who can actually defend

You acknowledge winslows game nut i think he will be a liabiloty on d being am undersized 2. And spoelstra is a defense first kinda guy

Last edited:
i disagree stanley actually has the size to play his positionm and its kind of wack to compare him to a pg when he is only a wing who can actually defend

You acknowledge winslows game nut i think he will be a liabiloty on d being am undersized 2. And spoelstra is a defense first kinda guy
after watching there summer league highlights. Stanley looks better.

Winslow is 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan, in what world is that undersized at the 2?

Liability on D? That was his main selling point as a prospect, do you even know who you're talking about?

I'm gonna give that guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant undersized for a 3. I don't know if I would go that far but I do think he'll struggle with the bigger 3s in the league - and there are quite a lot of them that are really good. Would worry me since elite defense was one of his selling points. I still think he'll be a good player though. Does too many things well. For comparisons sake - Kawhi's 1.5 inches taller and his arms are 4 inches longer. Lebron and Paul George are at least 3 inches taller. Melo is 1.75 inches taller. Just surprising that he seems to be SG height.

Liability on D? That was his main selling point as a prospect, do you even know who you're talking about?
my bad cuda swore someone had him listed at 6 foot 4. (actually this isnhis height without shoes so i wasnt wrong)

His selling point out of highschool was defense not while at duke. Anyone who thought winslow was a shut down guy at duke is trippin.Still think stanley has more upside as he is physical and plays through contact.

I feel like a 2gaurd playing for van gundy has more opportunitt to thrive at this point then playin behind wade in miami

Last edited:
He definitely should end up as a 2 guard that can easily play the 3. I'd compare him to Draymond (3 but plays 4).

I don't know what you are watching but he was a beast at Duke defensively in the tournament. He has outstanding anticipation, strength, and timing. Even thus far in summer league he has been arguably the best defender out there out of everyone.

The Heat are letting Justise do everything...bring the ball up as a point forward to small ball power forward. :lol:

Stanley Johnson has looked fantastic out there. Reminds me of a young Artest.

He has no idea b.

Having watched PJ Hairston play 2 games in SL I can say dude is trash

while the analytics say that summer league numbers mean nothing for 2nd year players and vets,

still PJ looks like he weighs 245+, like he spent all summer mainlining gravy directly into his body. :smh:

Having watched PJ Hairston play 2 games in SL I can say dude is trash

while the analytics say that summer league numbers mean nothing for 2nd year players and vets,

still PJ looks like he weighs 245+, like he spent all summer mainlining gravy directly into his body. :smh:

Dude more focused on living it up with his local friends. He'll be out the league soon if Troy Daniels take his minutes

Back
Top Bottom