NBA TOP SELLING JERSEYS VOL. SURPRISE AT #4

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm EST
[h2]Kobe, LeBron, Dwight have NBA's hottest-selling jerseys[/h2]
By J.E. Skeets

ept_sports_nba_experts-925831724-1264006827.jpg
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has retained the No. 1 spot on the NBA's most popular jerseys list, a ranking he has held since the start of the '08-09 season. The rankings are based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the '09-10 season.

Kobe is on top (don't say it!), LeBron James'(notes) Cavs' thread is second, Magic man Dwight Howard(notes) is third, and checking in at number four, ahead of superstar Dwyane Wade(notes), is Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose(notes).

The biggest surprise, of course, is Rose, who climbed seven spots from his No. 11 ranking last year.

Matt Watson of NBA FanHouse wonders if Rose's jump can be credited to his virgin playoff performance; "the Bulls aren't even as good as they were last year, but fans likely remember how Rose helped force the Celtics to an epic seven-game, seven-overtime series."

I'm sure there's some truth to that, but I have a much simpler explanation: the Bulls' jerseys just look good. In fact, I'd argue that if Hornets guard Chris Paul(notes) played in Chicago's stylin' red-and-black - instead of this nightmare - he'd probably be top five material, too. The actual design of the jersey must play some small part. This is fashion, after all.

Here's a look at the Top 15:
http://
1. Kobe Bryant(notes), Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard, Magic
4. Derrick Rose, Bulls
5. Dwyane Wade, Heat
6. Kevin Garnett(notes), Celtics
7. Chris Paul, Hornets
8. Paul Pierce(notes), Celtics
9. Shaquille O'Neal(notes), Cavaliers
10. Pau Gasol(notes), Lakers
11. Carmelo Anthony(notes), Nuggets
12. Steve Nash(notes), Suns
13. David Lee(notes), Knicks
14. Allen Iverson(notes), 76ers
15. Kevin Durant(notes), Thunder

In related NBA cash news, the Lakers once again top the list of most popular NBA team merchandise. The Celtics hold on to the No. 2 spot for the second year in a row while, the Cavaliers move up from No. 4 last season to No. 3.

Not a huge surprise to me, there are a lot of Bulls fans so it makes sense they would all run out and buy Rose jerseys.

The article also makes a good point, it's both in part to represent that player and team, and also because you just like the jersey. Bulls jerseys>>>>> Hornets jerseys by a mile.

No suprise here. Everyone and their mama at the united center has a Derrick rose jersey. You see them on the streets everywhere too.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

David Lee
laugh.gif
wow
What's so funny about that? Did you even read the article? Obviously people in NY who are Knick fans will most likely get a Lee jersey.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Who still buys Shaq jerseys? I don't get it. What's the appeal?

One of the greatest centers of all time come to mind
laugh.gif

But I know what you mean.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Who still buys Shaq jerseys? I don't get it. What's the appeal?
Fixed.
qft

other than little babies wearing jerseys (which is cute)...to me jerseys are so repulsive

Jerseys have long been here way before the 2001-2004 era when it was a trend, lol at thinking it was just a fad or a moment in time in the fashion world

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

jerseys will never be out of style because sports will never be out of style

Exactly. Jerseys will always be in, even if it's not your style.

Back
Top Bottom