NCAA D3 Vs. NAIA

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

d3/naia= HS Competition

That's an idiotic statement.

and they don't offer scholarships for D3, but they hide the "scholarship" money in your financial aid package.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

d3/naia= HS Competition
exactly. if you've ever stepped foot on a high school hardwood chances are you can play at a D3. oh, and tell your buddy D3's can't give scholarships. JUCO comp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D3
That's so far away from the truth. Just because you play HS ball doesn't mean you can go D3. D3s can't give scholarship, but some ofthem have great financial aid packages. Also the chances that someone from a D3 or NAIA school going pro overseas is low, because a lot of great players at theD1 and D2 level take those spots because they aren't NBA material.

Some of the best schools in the country play at the DIII level so the decision really depends on what the other school is.

And yes, there are many people who play overseas from DIII.

I would agree with dre, go with best education. I played at a naia school and we had cats on our team that had no business being there. SOme were not very goodand some were transfers from air force, csu, syracuse and other good d1 schools. Almost everybody that is good goes with the intention of transferring to abigger school but that usually never happens. Either they are the big man on campus and love it there, transfer to play at a juco or go home and dont doanything. As cliche as it sounds you can find talent/good competition there but the speed compared to d1 isnt there. We played against derrick ward and fewother cats that play arena league or whatever. We still had scouts come at the end of the year to look at players. Few of my coaches were well connected sothat was cool, but thats another story.

^^^ Exactly, there are some dudes that could have gotten a preferred walk on spot at a D1 or D2, but chose the D3 because of the education. Some dudes at NAIAschools were at a JUCO and were getting D1 looks, but didn't graduate so they can only go to an NAIA school (Academic policies aren't as stringent).

Back
Top Bottom