~~NCAA Hoops Feet- 08/09~~

high socks now didnt players wear no shows like a few seasons ago

and black shoes with white socks is a no go

gotta love the Jordan love all tournament love...if i was being recruited....an ADIDAS sponsored school would have NO shot

165176c56d63366f657e0b8dc0be618a-getty-85329034rm045_ncaa_sweet_16.jpg

Those Memphis uni are clean
smokin.gif
. They match the Penny perfectly

Good stuff Rock, I was never really sure about how the gave shoes out or how many players could get.

But for a thing like the Six Rings and CDP's on the Uconn guys . Can those guys point out at they really want those shoes and just get them?

Same goes for last year. A few guys on Syracuse last year had the orange retro 8's....would they have to get those themselves or could they get it throughthe school?

No matter wat happens in tha UNC vs Oklahoma game its gonna be 4 Nike teams in the Final Four
happy.gif

I for one hope Nike breaks off some hottness for next Saturday and the Final.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by mjvc

Would like to see more UNC players wear the UNC 2009's today.

i think our wish may come true
happy.gif

I believe I just saw them...mostly blue uppper, white lower....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

No matter wat happens in tha UNC vs Oklahoma game its gonna be 4 Nike teams in the Final Four
happy.gif

I for one hope Nike breaks off some hottness for next Saturday and the Final.

Peace
Scottie
wow...mich st beat Louisville....wow...

Originally Posted by SCuse7

But for a thing like the Six Rings and CDP's on the Uconn guys . Can those guys point out at they really want those shoes and just get them?

....would they have to get those themselves or could they get it through the school?

Put it this way.....

UConn = RIP
Cuse = Melo
UNC = Jordan

They are going to make sure their guys have "perks" if you will which isn't illegal at all. There's not a NCAA rule on how many shoes a kidcan have.

wow...mich st beat Louisville....wow...

and THERE goes my Brackets.....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I was bored since I am sick today and wandered in here, so I figured Id shed a lil light on the how schools get which shoes.....

Depends on the schools contract with Nike. Nike is either paying the school for the rights to sell their merchandise or the School has a smaller tier contract and pays so much for an allotment. Theres some stuff inbetween also.

For the bigger schools i.e. Georgetown, UNC, Cinci (Huggins day), UConn, Duke...

Nike picks EVERYTHING that school will get, BUT Designers and PLMs visit the school to get info from the players on what they like and prefer in certain shoes. Those schools act as wear testers ON COURT in a sense... which is why you will see UNC wearing ALL sorts of stuff on the Jordan line and even a few Nike products.

There's a lil irritation when Nike sends products to Jordans folks...but it happens in reverse for the Nike schools too...i.e. UConn...Syracuse and Wake Forest... Players at these spots have almost unlimited access to stuff. Yet they are directed still in most cases what to wear on court during games.

For schools like Maryland, Marquette (Converse) and such are sent an allotment as mentioned before by someone else, and some players are allowed 3 pairs per season. Some players complain their joints are garbage and try and get more, but it depends on the player if the Coach allows them another pair.

It used to be those extras stayed at the school and players could still have access to old stuff. Nike will now ask certain schools to return unused product which is what you see showing up at Ross and such.

This same thing happens with Lebrons stuff he doesnt use or which is PROMO and not used by certain players is returned to campus and shredded or gaffled by employees.

Some think Pro Players get all that stuff free, but some have COntracts where they are charged against the amount of product they get. Its alot that goes into it but Im rambling. Hope I answered that... Im sick..lol

How would this apply to Lebron/Ohio St. ?

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I was bored since I am sick today and wandered in here, so I figured Id shed a lil light on the how schools get which shoes.....

Depends on the schools contract with Nike. Nike is either paying the school for the rights to sell their merchandise or the School has a smaller tier contract and pays so much for an allotment. Theres some stuff inbetween also.

For the bigger schools i.e. Georgetown, UNC, Cinci (Huggins day), UConn, Duke...

Nike picks EVERYTHING that school will get, BUT Designers and PLMs visit the school to get info from the players on what they like and prefer in certain shoes. Those schools act as wear testers ON COURT in a sense... which is why you will see UNC wearing ALL sorts of stuff on the Jordan line and even a few Nike products.

There's a lil irritation when Nike sends products to Jordans folks...but it happens in reverse for the Nike schools too...i.e. UConn...Syracuse and Wake Forest... Players at these spots have almost unlimited access to stuff. Yet they are directed still in most cases what to wear on court during games.

For schools like Maryland, Marquette (Converse) and such are sent an allotment as mentioned before by someone else, and some players are allowed 3 pairs per season. Some players complain their joints are garbage and try and get more, but it depends on the player if the Coach allows them another pair.

It used to be those extras stayed at the school and players could still have access to old stuff. Nike will now ask certain schools to return unused product which is what you see showing up at Ross and such.

This same thing happens with Lebrons stuff he doesnt use or which is PROMO and not used by certain players is returned to campus and shredded or gaffled by employees.

Some think Pro Players get all that stuff free, but some have COntracts where they are charged against the amount of product they get. Its alot that goes into it but Im rambling. Hope I answered that... Im sick..lol

How would this apply to Lebron/Ohio St. ?

On O-State I can not give a definitive answer....and reason being is, not too many folks were keen at first wearing the shoes and gear of a person they"thought" would have went there... but as they get some Bron Stuff.. i know for a fact that SVSM and Fairfax get more product per student than OState does...

Originally Posted by AJ27526

Originally Posted by mjvc

Would like to see more UNC players wear the UNC 2009's today.

i think our wish may come true
happy.gif

I believe I just saw them...mostly blue uppper, white lower....
nerd.gif
Yea. The only player that I have seen wear them is JB Tanner I think. Some of the others got elites on. I've seen pics on tarheelblue withhim wearing them but nobody else. From what I can tell is they have blue panels with like a blue upper. The bottom part is white. I think the heel is blue.Here is a pic from after the game. The guy between Lawson and Roy has on the 2009's.
664154e6c63a3e8209107615869debaf66d61f7.jpg

anybody know what kind of new nike socks the villanova guys were wearing against pitt??? they had like a black stripe on the back.

I knew it! I'll be looking for pictures hard now

I checked insidecarolina and tarheelblue but couldnt find another good picture...they'll surface though

for now, looking good JB
pimp.gif

If you get some more please post them. There was few on the slides of pics on tarheelblue, but I couldn't get them. I think it was Thursday's practice.2,000 POST!!!

still looking for the 09's, but this picture was interesting of the Elites

bilde

EDIT:

best I could find for now
(beside deon thompson)
659130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom