NCAA Lacrosse Thread? Vol. Any fans on here?

Chillin at the Syracuse/Albany Lacrosse game & I wondered if anyone was interested in a Lacrosse thread. It's going to be a great season as my boy is expecting to get heavy minutes on the 'Cuse squad this year
pimp.gif

From what I recall, the championship tournament would get some replies and attention.. but I don't think there's enough for anything now.

I'm a big fan and I always watch whenever it's on TV, though.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by NooEra

Lacross = sport for kids who arent good at hockey or baseball.

No.

Yes
laugh.gif

The best athletes aren't playing lacrosse. Not on the professional level at least.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Jim Brown.

What about him? Jim Brown played lacrosse at Cuse when he wasn't busy dominating in football , basketball, and track.

He was a stud football player who happened to dominate the lacrosse field in his spare time. Obviously the competition was far inferior ahtletically compared to the great Jim Brown
laugh.gif

Don't even engage him, people who dislike lacrosse like that won't change their minds so whats the point.

Do most of the great, young athletes choose lacrosse? No, not at all. It's not as common, the professional leagues aren't comparable to major sports, the NCAA doesn't get anywhere near the exposure of other sports, so the interest level will be much lower.

Are there very good athletes who play lacrosse? Yes. So who cares if they didn't want to play other sports? I've never heard someone watch a lacrosse game and say "yeah well if football players played it would be better". In fact, the overwhelming majority of people I know who never watched the game ended up really enjoying it once they learned the rules and watched a lot. Unless you live in areas where lacrosse is extremely popular, most people are never exposed to the game so they just see it as "people hitting each other with sticks".

the coming generations are choosing lax over baseball, in the coming years its gonna be a whole lot bigger

its like Football in the 30's and 40's College level is sooooo much more popular than the pros, and some players don't go the pros, and just pursue another career.

Bringing this thread back to life. I watched so much lacrosse this weekend. Good to see Syracuse win the Big East championship and be in the tourney. They were going to turn it on sooner or later. They were just reeling but they found their bearings. Desko is a very good attackman. Would really like to see Denver get an at-large bid.

Caerus:

Who's your boy on the Syracuse lacrosse team?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

No.

Yes
laugh.gif

The best athletes aren't playing lacrosse. Not on the professional level at least.
Not true at all. Around me Lacrosse is the biggest high school sport and an easy way to get a scholarship to college...
I'll be in Boston for the final four. Great trip for any lacrosse fans. Cheap, good seats, good tailgate 
pimp.gif

Not true at all. Around me Lacrosse is the biggest high school sport and an easy way to get a scholarship to college...
I'll be in Boston for the final four. Great trip for any lacrosse fans. Cheap, good seats, good tailgate 
pimp.gif

I have to go to the final four. It's right in my own backyard! I haven't seen a live lacrosse game since I played in high school! 

Originally Posted by Solemate96

pimp.gif

I have to go to the final four. It's right in my own backyard! I haven't seen a live lacrosse game since I played in high school! 
hope your there, I'm going tomorrow for my friends D3 championship, then the D1 finals. Weather looks great. 

Back
Top Bottom