NCAA/UAAP etc.Updates rep your school

WHOA!!@ intal's dunk!
tough game for both U.P and Ateneo...coach of UP got ejected same as ira buyco..Putok kilay si escalona...

Quote:
nice pic Gameover.

how is your injury?

Thanks man. It wasn't my pic though.

I've been rehabbing for the past three weeks. Hopefully I can start light scrimmage by September. I feel I'm at about 80% already.
------------

It's so hard to Love when there's so much to Hate.

Intal over Serios

Blurred video, not the best angle but it's still good. vid courtesy of my high school and college batchmate.
------------

Quote:
^ hindi si nestor yun dinakdakan ni intal, si serios yun.

My mistake. Still, that is one really "serious" dunk.

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team Back Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

25q5hlu.jpg

here. Toronto based...I hear we're suspended :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
nono.gif

Quote:
i like how ateneo is playing right now. intal is great. macky sometimes gets wild though, but he's definitely improved due to playing time hehe.

ahh, I assume its Macky Escalona. The good ol' days of gr. 5 (me) vs. gr 6 (him) matches @ lsgh. He was good back then but I just didn't know he was going to blow up like that. What position does he play now?

I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

Ateneo 80 - UST 88.

'93 lives.

USTE!

[size=+2]

[/size]

^ great upset win for UST.

Ateneo played really bad, only Chris Tiu was keeping them close. The Eagles couldn't rebound even if their lives depended on it.

------------

^^^ everyone but him had an off day... bye bye win streak... bawi nlng next time :D

Go Ateneo!
I've changed my sig.

Ateneo won easily over NU last Saturday, putting them at 9-1. That win, coupled with UE's loss to UP yesterday, grants them top-seeding heading over to the final four.

UE dropped to 7-4, with one game left (vs Ateneo).
------------

Ateneo dropped its final elimination game against UE. It was non-bearing so it did nothing to affect the standings.

Seniors

1. Ateneo (10-2)
2. UE (8-4)
3. Adamson (6-6)
3. UST (6-6)
*Adamson and UST play this thursday to determine who's 3rd. Winner faces UE, loser gets Ateneo.

Juniors:
1. Ateneo (12-0) gains automatic finals berth
2. FEU (10-2)
3. UPIS (7-5)
4. Adamson (6-6)
UPIS and Adamson play this thursday to determine who advances to play FEU (FEU with a twice-to-beat advantage).

Women's
1. UST (9-3) first seed because of better quotient
2. FEU (9-3) won playoff vs Ateneo to get 2nd seed
3. Ateneo (9-3)
4. UP
------------

Pumaren denies role in La Salle case

The Philippine Star 09/13/2006

Talk n Text coach Derick Pumaren yesterday denied his involvement in the La Salle eligibility case following reports of his supposed participation in the controversy that led to the suspension of the school from the UAAP early in the season.

In an excerpt of the report of the UAAP Fact Finding Committee issued back on April 17, 2006, Mark Benitez, one of the two members of the schools mens basketball squad who was found to have used spurious documents to gain entry to the team, stated that Bro. Bobby Casingal reportedly told him not to mention about Pumaren, then coach of the UE team, and UE assistant coach Jun Tiongco in the investigation.

"Parang pinasulat niya ko na kung ano yung mga ilalabas ko abouthindi na magbabanggit about kay (UE Asst. coach) Jun Tiongco at kay Derick Pumaren kasi daw po matataas daw yunmahirap kalabanin," according to Benitez in an excerpt of the report which came out in Dong Punos column in The STAR yesterday.

But Pumaren, who is in Korea for a series of exhibition games as part of the Phone Pals buildup for the upcoming PBA season, maintained that he had nothing to do with the controversy.

"My conscience is clear. I dont know what Benitez is talking about. I think Bro. Casingal should be asked for his comment since he is being quoted. I have nothing to do with what Benitez is claiming that Bro. Casingal has supposedly said," he said in an overseas talk with The STAR.

Bro. Casingal, FSC, is De la Salles director for sports development.

"Ive never met Bro. Casingal. Ive only heard of him as a consultant of the team during that time," said Pumaren. "As consultant, my job was only to evaluate talents whether theyre capable of playing in the UAAP or not. Ive nothing to do with the players academic requirements, thats not my line."

The Phone Pals, who left last weekend, end their four-game, five-day series on Friday and are set to be back Saturday. They have split their first two games, losing the opener to the South Korea Knights but winning the second game.

At the end of the season 68th of the UAAP, La Salle admitted that it inadvertently fielded in two ineligible players Gatchalian and Benitez during its championship run during the 2003-04 season.

[size=+2]

[/size]

Quote:
san beda won against mapua.51-55..

YES!!!
looks like my alma mater's almost 3 decade long - title drought in Mens Basketball will finally come to an end. ( fingers crossed! )
sucks i aint there to witness it...

^yup..they played well yesterday led by aljamal...too bad my alma mater loss...btw they have a chance to win the game twice,first kelvin's shot is short and then the second one is when sean co drives into the basket then threw a pass to dela pena which bounces to his face that cause a turnover and alex angeles sealed the game sinking his both free throws..

i'm dissapointed with kelvin he is a PBL player he should catch the ball with his hands not with his face being the game on the line...

anyway i'm excited for SBC beating PCU for the title.

^yup...ganyan talaga..

well anyway looks like your alma mater's gonna be a champion this year?!...

but that espinas-ekwe match up is something to look forward too!

Back
Top Bottom