Nearby Restoration Services?

Whattup NT, not a native to the area, but a college student in the D.C. area. 

I recently copped a pair of Columbia 11s on the low, but they're in pretty rough shape. The sole is **** brown, ankle creasing like a mofo, white mesh is no longer existant, and the patent leather is freaking peeling off and yellowed like a mofo.

I was just wondering if there was a LEGIT sneaker restorer. I was thinking about going to an actual store, but I highly doubt those guys know two ***** about sneaker restoration.

Would be awesome if you could hook another brother up with a local. I was thinking about sending them to Renegade Restorations, but he's always so backed up with requests.

Thanks guys, stay sexy

Hugo's shop in College Park does restorations. I've seen him put some pics up on Instagram. Seems like he's getting pretty good at it.

Did a quick google search on him and couldn't find him. He has a website? What's his instagram name?

StunninStyle is the shop Hugo owns.
9205 Baltimore ave College Park, MD
Instagram:
Store- @StunninStyle
Hugo- @HugoBossDMV

My friend got his cool grey iv's to get the paint restored, and Hugo did a pretty good job.

im going to start a restoration service soon out of northern virginia soon if anyone is interested

If anyone can forward a LEGITIMATE spot or person to trust my cool gray 3 retros to repaint the midsole, holla at me via inbox.

Money is not an issue here -- I just expect to be treated like a paying customer...

With Spiffykicks I think its usual a basic $60 for like creases, antibacterical cleaning the mesh and then the midsole etc, so I'd say its pretty worth it I mean call them thats what its been recently. I bet the only reason it would take long with spiffykick is because the amount of shoes they take in to be restored and cleaned, plus its a legitmate buisness not someone doing it from their basement oh yeah they will actually send someone to pick up your shoes then drop them off to you thats freaking awsome I hope my experince enough is enough for you to folloe em. 

301-238-5272
Spiffykicksfactory.com

Send Inquires along with pics/name/number to [email protected] its easier if you dont want to go to the store

I have given 4 pairs of kicks to spiffykicks. OG Jordan XIIs which they did right, OG Barry Sanders which fell apart on them when they were restoring it (they were from like 96 so I ain't complaining), so they got trashed, Carolina foams that i'm wearing right now which they did a decent job on, and a pair of all black foam pros from 2002 which they either lost or stole and everytime I ask them they have no idea of where they are or simply never callback. My cleaners threw the receipt away so those are now a lost cause. Bottomline, they are iffy, they do good work when they feel like it, but their biggest problem is customer service. They will never call you and update you on the status of your kicks, you have to call into them. The frontdesk chick Shante is not the most personable of people, which is probably not the best thing if your job is to deal with people all day. Steve, the dude that actually cleans the shoes isn't an awful guy, but is a bit off, and also seriously lacks in the customer service department. For example, when I was told the Carolina's were ready to be picked up, I drive up there on a Saturday and when I get there they flat out said "we are closed" cause they were having a block party or some **** and apparently could not walk into the back and hand me my sneakers, ok not a big deal. I come back again to get them, and the soles weren't cleaned. I ask dude to clean them up, and he says "it's beneath me to clean the soles." Now, as a customer that's paying $60+ to have your sneakers cleaned that's not the right response to give, end of the story he took them back and cleaned them up in like 1 minute, but there was no need for a dude that cleans shoes for a living to have a diva moment. After this last episode with my black foams, I wouldn't deal with them and I would not recommend anyone else to deal with them, if you do, never lose your receipt or take a picture of it or something.

^agreed. I dropped a pair of '00 Infrared VI there for sole separation repair. Took over a month and I was pretty disappointed when I got them back. Steve told me I wouldn't be able to wear them again when I was talking to him on the phone. Then when I pick them up, Shante tells me of course I can wear them. I wish I told them to not try and repaint the infrared because they made it look more like varsity reds. I was too disappointed so I sold them days later. The customer service sucks. I drove an hour to find out they were closed yet I called them the day before to find out their hours. And they barely pick up the phone. Only thing decent was price. Rather go somewhere else.

If anyone can forward a LEGITIMATE spot or person to trust my cool gray 3 retros to repaint the midsole, holla at me via inbox.

Money is not an issue here -- I just expect to be treated like a paying customer...

Just cleaned my cool grey 3s and repainted the midsole white and grey part. Message me your number I could send you pics if interested.

Last edited:
I have a pair of 1999 Oreo 4'S that need a sole swap is there any one in the South Side of the Chicago land area that does a decent job at this and is legit pm me thanks.

Global kick restorations in northern Virginia and Richmond. Check their Instagram @globalkickrestorations or they have a website too

Global kick restorations in northern Virginia and Richmond. Check their Instagram @globalkickrestorations or they have a website too
Thanks I am in Gainesville, weary of sending out my shoes, however I have some Penny IV's I will try them out with.  Also some old SC Trainer's that don't seem to get retroed any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom