Need advice on finding a car

My dads buying me my first car and the budget he's saved for me is $10,000, any advice on what good cars I can get for that price range. Thanks for anyones input in advance.

Thats actually a big budget for a first car. My first car was $1500. A 1990 Ford Tempo

Anyway. What you want? Something newer thats reliable get a used Civic or Corolla. Or for 10k you can get an older Acura/BMW with high milage that will have high maintenance costs but you can look cool in it.

If it were me id just get used Civic and beat it to death.

lol im 21 and im just getting my Ls. So they want me to have a dependable car to drive 4 hours between home and college. But thanks JewSeeJay for the input

@ memphis, hows it on gas, since I'm in college and we all know how college students budgets are.

Yeah, my first car budget was small but since I never got it and I just came home by riding the amtrak and parents picking me up, he just put that money into this budget so I could have a good car before I graduate next summer.

sry i assumed you were 16, all tho you being 21 is borderline worse, at least your somewhat attempting to do your homework...

use the search bar tho, this is a bi-weekly thread it seems.

o yea... buy Japanese

Its cool Jay, 10,000 for a first car when thinking about a highschooler does seem to be alot but when he told me the amount he saved I was shocked and appreciated it but hopefully the car wont be near that number so he can just keep the rest of it. And I do remember a thread a few weeks ago with a 3 or 4 thousand budget.

something Japanese/good on gas for your first. assuming you're paying the gas.

You can get a number of nice cars under 10 grand, really depends what you're looking for. Just go to ebay or carmax.com and put in under 10,000 to get an idea, once you have a few you like do some research on reliability, gas mileage, etc.

Civic Accord TSX

Corolla Camry Sentra

All reliable and good on gas.

Many options at 10k. you need to be more specialized in your interests to be provided real options. You can prob. get a hummer in the right markets for around 10k, or a brand new focus. So you have to be particular about what youare seeking.

Real cars aren't bought, they're built!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom