NEED HELP COORDINATING A SUIT FOR PROM, BASED ON DATES DRESS!

My dates prom dress is different than any I have ever seen, (picture to follow) and I can't seem to come up with a classy, yet fashionable suit combination. I graduated last year from high school and this is my dates senior prom. I aspire to be the best dressed date there, but I don't want to DTM because it's not my prom. Are there any fashion foward men out there that can help me with this predicament? I'm looking for the suit, pants, tie/bow tie, pocket square, shirt, and I'm wearing brown wing tip shoes.

21endcw.jpg

all black suit with either gold tie, or light light yellow creamy tie. would be very sick. you want to accent her, not match her.

nice dress. have fun

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why feel the pressure to match THAT? What is wrong with a plain black suit?

Yep. Being the best dressed there doesn't mean being the flashiest.

if you are her date dont let her wear that to her Prom
if you dont succeed bro just a regular black suit/black tie combo

It's about to damn June and you guys haven't had your prom yet?
eek.gif

Anyways, ALL BLACK is good. All that flashy *$%! is garbage. I will say if you can pull it off, grey and pink is a game changer.

You could go beige suit I guess.... but I would go with a black suit, beige tie myself. My prom date had a dress covered in gold, silver, and lavender sequins, so I matched that with a grey suit, solid lavender tie w/a white shirt. I'm more for dressing nice, yet conservative... I don't feel the need to dress flashy to compensate.

Matching your date is overrated. When I went to prom told my date to not even worry about telling me what she is wearing because I already had my fit, and that whether or not we are matching were going together (true story). If I were you and you have the time I would check out Indochino see what you like, place order and go from there ...

Why don't you ask her if she has a preference? My dates and I always picked things together. Otherwise, a black tux is perfectly acceptable with a a gold tie and/or vest. That is like a $600 dress, just sayin.

Seriously this is one of the funniest threads in the past few days...

But like most mentioned you can't go wrong with a nice, well tailored black suit, a white shirt and a nice beige tie, be careful if it's too bright it can make you look pale, especially with the white shirt. I don't know what tone your skin is. But it's a conservative that'll look great alongside that dress on your date.

Back
Top Bottom