Need Help!! Dog name for my new dog (Standard Schnauzer)

i'm picking up a female Standard Schnauzer next month for my family and need help choosing some names. my family has had multiple miniature schnauzers in the past, but this will be our first time with a larger (standard) breed.

any suggestions are welcome! keep in mind that it is a female, is of german descent and will be used primarily as a guard/watchdog.

Here are some sample pics, since I don't have any yet:

puppy:
miniature-and-standard-schnauzer-puppies-in-basket-thumb20922179.jpg

grown-up:

standard-schnauzer.jpg

abby_schnauzer06.jpg_w450.jpg

My old miniature, Bobo, RIP.... 2000-2011

4241_746929954253_3232000_42923526_6616638_n.jpg

Those are great dogs! My friend had one named Valentina and she lived to me almost 19 years old.

If I ever get a female dog, I'm naming her Rufus. I don't care. Some guy I knew growing up at a female Rufus so it stuck with me.

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

Those are great dogs! My friend had one named Valentina and she lived to me almost 19 years old.

If I ever get a female dog, I'm naming her Rufus. I don't care. Some guy I knew growing up at a female Rufus so it stuck with me.
schnauzers are extremely intelligent, loyal and protective of their families. they also dont really shed, which is a huge plus. you should consider one if you ever decide to pick up a dog

my mini would have lived a lot longer, but unfortunately she broke free after being tied up to her usual post in our front yard to run & play with another dog across the street. unfortunately, she never made it across
frown.gif
tired.gif

Look up names of fancy british butlers and take a pick. Thsee dogs always reminded me of a british man in his mansion.

Back
Top Bottom