Need Help...I have $1000 to spend on a TV...What kind? What Brand?

Hello Niketalk! Just need some help in finding a TV for my bedroom...I was looking at 32"-37"...1080i....What do you suggest? Sharp, Sony, Samsung,LG?
Thanks in advance!

you kinda missed out on the deals last weekend, you coulda got a 42" for $700. i'd suggest samsung. i've got two of them, a 40" and 52"and no problems. black finish looks good too.

Look into the Samsung 37". Best Buy just had this tv on sale last week for $949. The picture quality is unbeatable on the samsungs; All the brands youlisted are decent, but for the money, Samsung takes the cake. If you go down to the 32" tv's, Sharp is also worth a look. Sony makes a great product,but you're going to pay for it.

Definitely one of the following TVs, ahem....

Amazon product ASIN B000N50S3Q
Amazon product ASIN B000N50RXC
Amazon product ASIN B000N4Z42C
^ I know the last one is a little more, not sure why I'm even listing it lol...

But the first one is probably the best bang for your buck, remember you won't pay tax or shipping and you'll be saving 200...which can be spent for anice desk to house the TV on or any additional add-on's you may want

If you've got any Q's though feel free to send me a PM I've helped a few people out

go for a vizio, whatever size that'll buy. i have a 32" lcd and it's great, no complaints

WOW!!! Thanks guys! This helps a lot! I heard about Samsung...Also, is this true, the 1080's are better than the 720's...I was thinking about goingto Best Buy tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the replies...

ive had the Samsung LNT3253H 32" LCD HDTV for about a month now

its
pimp.gif
you wont be disappointed

.Also, is this true, the 1080's are better than the 720's..
Unless you own a PS3, or other hd-dvd device, you won't really be able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Furthermore, there areno 1080p broadcasts at this point, so the 720p tv's are equal to the 1080p tv's in that sense. Now, as a rule, 1080p tv's have better processors,and better panels, and that's what makes them a better television. The processor helps with the scaling, because not all signals are broadcasted in HD.

I have the Samsung LNT4061F. it's a 40 inch 1080p and i love it. It's not in your range but just wanted to say Samsung probably makes the bestLCD's. Had mine for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

.Also, is this true, the 1080's are better than the 720's..
Unless you own a PS3, or other hd-dvd device, you won't really be able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Furthermore, there are no 1080p broadcasts at this point, so the 720p tv's are equal to the 1080p tv's in that sense. Now, as a rule, 1080p tv's have better processors, and better panels, and that's what makes them a better television. The processor helps with the scaling, because not all signals are broadcasted in HD.

Thanks Integra Owner! This is great info...What's the difference between plasmas and LCD's?

you just missed all the BF deals. frys just had a 32 inch samsung for 550 on BF and Sears had a 46 inch sharp for 999.

Plasmas use gas and bulbs to produce their picture; as a result you generally have higher contrast ratios on plasmas than you would find on lower to middle endlcd's. However, if you do a ton of gaming or watch a lot of static screens(Scrolling bar on ESPN, CNN, etc), it's generally recommended to get an lcdbecause the liquid crystals are much less prone to burn in. LCD's also have a longer life span than plasmas.

Sony and Sharp make the best LCD's.

EDIT: And you would want to buy 1080 to "future proof" your purchase. You won't notice the difference in 1080 and 720 unless you start gettinginto bigger aperture.

So is it Safe to get a 32in 720P...I heard its about the same as a 1080P..and you would only notice the difference between 1080P and 720P if it was 40in+...cananyone confirm?

for 1k you better not get anything less then 42" 1080p. my boy just got the ILL polaroid for around 800 and my other friend copped a 50" for under1k. both black friday tho.. beautiful pictures.

1080P is a gimmick in terms of tech. today.
As someone else posted all broadcasts whether OTA, Cable, Sattelite are in 720p.
Furthermore, unless you're going 50"+ and sit closer than 8 ft. it makes virtually no difference.

basically for the high end HDTV's you're payign for a lot of specs that you don't need and will seldom use.

Do what I did the week before BF
Go to bestbuy, they are having a promotion, if you buy any LCD more than 999, then you get 600 back if you get a package

So...

You buy an LCD/Plasma more than 999
You buy a home theater in the box more than 499
You buy a hd-dvd/blu-ray player
You sign up for Direct TV
You sign up for a geek squad installation

when you do buy a home theatre, it takes off a 100 off the tv
when you buy a hd/dvd player it takes 100 off the tv
you sign up for direct tv, it takes off 300 off the tv
installation is 100 off the tv

so in total you get 600 dollar off the tv.

So just hypothetically,
+499
+299 (for the cheapest HD-DVD player)
+100 (for the cheapest geek squad installation)
=
Roughly 1800 your putting out

but wait

There is a glitch in bestbuy system
So what you do is...

Once you step out of bestbuy after the purchase
you cancel the direct tv.
you get the 300 off the tv for free.

the next day you return the home theatre in a box, and player
refunding you 800~
making the total you paid to 800(you still keep the 200 off the tv)

you return the installation, (you keep the 100 off the tv)
making everything come out to 499+tax

A little work, and you have to put out couple more hundred but you get a really tv set

CLIFF NOTES
Buy HDTV for 999, HTIB for 499, HDDVD player for 299, sign up direct tv and geek squad installation
When you do, you get 100 back for the HTIB, 100 back for the player, 300 for the sign up, and 100 for the GSI
Return everything, the HTIB, the player, the geek squad installation, and direct tv, this keeps the 600 dollar off ON YOUR TV
making your tv 499( or what ever your price of the tv was)

I bought a 42 inch panasonic 1080p plasma, that was on sale for that week for 1299(originally 1599).
Did all of the above
and paid roughly 699
for those who wanna look at specs, its off bestbuy, its the one that ends with 77u

For those that think it is a scam..
go to slickdeals.net and search for the post. It's far from a scam.
Btw, i dislike bestbuy so it makes the deal better.

Back
Top Bottom