Need some advice. All my NYC heads please chime in. Vol. tenant issues

Nereyda Vuelve Por Dios

formerly DONRE
Trying to keep this short. Found an apt in NYC. Told the realtor I wanted the pipes in the living room and bedroom covered or just give me permission to get someone to do it.

He ask management and they said yes. I go sign the lease but my sis is on it as well and hasn't signed yet. today we ask if it's done and the super said no one told him anything about it.

I hit up the realtor and he says it will be done today but only the living room not the bedroom becuase of "legal issues". Says he will ask again if they can do it.

Lease ain't start yet. Begins next week. Now my question is if they say No can I back out of the lease without having to lose my deposit since my sis ain't sign yet.

Help a homie out.

Last edited:
Haven't had this problem before, but I would just call and ask them. and if they say no, make sure they're not just trying to feed you some BS. good luck

So both you are youre sisters name is on the lease, and if she hasn't signed then I'm sure you could back out....as far as getting the deposit back though I dont know. Probably differs from state to state.

good luck....

should of gotten it down in writing. no cover = no deal.

Yea this is what I should have done. But I took my realtor word for it and and he was playing the middle man between me and the management company.

I didn't even bring it up during the signing of the lease. Totally slipped my my mind. He may have been lying and and I haven't reached anyone in the management company yet.

should of gotten it down in writing. no cover = no deal.
Yea this is what I should have done. But I took my realtor word for it and and he was playing the middle man between me and the management company.

I didn't even bring it up during the signing of the lease. Totally slipped my my mind. He may have been lying and and I haven't reached anyone in the management company yet.
They are not your friend. Everything in writing. You need to watch more Judge Judy man, you can learn from that show. 

Back
Top Bottom