Need some Info on Fire Island/Ocean Beach for those that been there

After Googling some weekend getaway spots that were close to NYC, I came across aplace called Fire Island on Long Island, right next to Ocean Beach. I figurethis would be the best place since the travel time is real short andinexpensive from Manhattan (LIRR to Ferry). I’ve never heard/been to this placebefore, so I wanted to see if anyone on here ever been there, is this a wackplace to go? What is there to do there? How’s the area, nightlife, bars, restaurants,shopping areas, etc? I’m going with 4 friends btw. Thanks in advance guys.

After Googling some weekend getaway spots that were close to NYC, I came across aplace called Fire Island on Long Island, right next to Ocean Beach. I figurethis would be the best place since the travel time is real short andinexpensive from Manhattan (LIRR to Ferry). I’ve never heard/been to this placebefore, so I wanted to see if anyone on here ever been there, is this a wackplace to go? What is there to do there? How’s the area, nightlife, bars, restaurants,shopping areas, etc? I’m going with 4 friends btw. Thanks in advance guys.

If you are going to go, your best bet is to try and rent a house for a week.

Its not really worth it to go there for just an evening, as the last ferry leaves at like 11, and there is NO PLACE to stay. The cops there are also very strict and things are very expensive.

I live out on LI, never personally been there because honestly it just doesn't seem worth it to me if you don't have a place to stay.

But there are tons of bars and restaurants and great beaches.

If you are going to go, your best bet is to try and rent a house for a week.

Its not really worth it to go there for just an evening, as the last ferry leaves at like 11, and there is NO PLACE to stay. The cops there are also very strict and things are very expensive.

I live out on LI, never personally been there because honestly it just doesn't seem worth it to me if you don't have a place to stay.

But there are tons of bars and restaurants and great beaches.

make sure to get the round trip tickets for the train, taxi and ferry at penn station if you are leaving from manhattan.

ive been out there and i love it. stay in ocean beach, theres a bunch of bars and restaurants and tons of girls.

make sure to get the round trip tickets for the train, taxi and ferry at penn station if you are leaving from manhattan.

ive been out there and i love it. stay in ocean beach, theres a bunch of bars and restaurants and tons of girls.

Back
Top Bottom