Neo Geo X, we've come a long way

I remember as a kid desperately wanting a Neo Geo, the concept was genius: REAL arcade games at home. The price was way overboard though, I still look up prices on the system and the games I really liked and have never wanted to take the plunge on a 20 year old machine.

Now it looks like I won't have to drop that much money to get an experience like I wanted then

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/08/neo-geo-x/

For $200 you'll get a docking station built to resemble the original, a controller, and a handheld packed with 20 classic games.

I know you can pick up most of the greats already via any of the download stores on all the other consoles, but to get the proper Neo Geo controller in my hands and rock out on Metal Slug is something I'm looking forward to over my Christmas break from work.

ngx.jpg

ngx1.jpg

here's the games that are going to come on the handheld

ngx20.jpg

I could see Sega licensing the name to someone else, it'd be a super version of this thing
segagen.jpg

but it'd take some drastic missteps by Nintendo for a SNES version to ever come out, not to mention how much of both systems libraries classics were 3rd party games.

Hmmmm, I'll keep this in mind.
My friend had one a NeOGeo Pocket Color...loved playing it

not going to lie,as a kid i bought a neo geo gold with art of fighting 2 and an extra controller for 800 bucks.i felt like a king for like 3 months then i realized i was such an idiot. but it was worth it to have an arcade at home at that age. sucks the games were so much money at the time ;( i stuck with magician lord for a while tho

Back
Top Bottom