NESPRESSO COFFEE THREAD!!!

Keurig owner here since '09. (Had a employee plug on Kcups which was great!)
Vertuoline owner here since '14. Pods are a little more than the Kcups. But the results speak for themselves.

After my Kcup plug stopped, I started using my own grounds in refillable Kcups.
But I loved using my Vertuoline but those pods started to add up. That Cuba was great!
Then I started using Peet's in my own refillable pods..... :nthat:

Then I came across this..... someone had improvised it a couple years before I did..... :lol:

I've been running this set up for years with no issues. Pre-cutting those foil squares saves a lot of time. Just fill, foil, add barcode ring then brew.
They don't make a Peet's Vertuoline pod so this was the next best thing....

We make probably 4-8 shots per day. I had (still have, actually) a grinder and espresso machine but find the Nespresso to be so much quicker and more convenient while still being tasty. Plus it's easier to stock up on Nespresso pods than to buy fresh beans every week or two.

This is actually helpful.

I still will probably get fresh beans every now and then because they are great to grind and enjoy on the weekends when I may have more spare time.

But from what I'm hearing this seems like the move.

I still will probably get fresh beans every now and then because they are great to grind and enjoy on the weekends when I may have more spare time.

We still do the occasional cold brew or French press on the weekends, but the convenience of the Nespresso is key. There's a Keurig at work, but I'd rather pay for coffee than drink that sewer water for free. :lol:

team aeropress or V60 all the way. just taste a million times better with fresh single origin beans. but the ease of the machine has me considering one with an alexa smart plug for my sluggish mornings

Let me know how I can help

Okay, someone got us one from our registry.

Used the frother for the first time this morning. Guess it turned out okay considering I had no idea what I was doing lol.

AF82CB96-7424-4A10-80A5-3687D86583C3.jpeg

You still the plug on the pods/syrups? Let me know アミーゴ アミーゴ

I have a Nespresso Breville Creatista which uses the regular nespresso pods, the frother wand on it is really good. The virtuoline produces good espresso, but the virtuo nespresso pods are pricier than the regular ones. Costco has an 80-count pack of Peet’s nespresso (aluminum pods) for $40, so it’s been my go-to.

IMO, research whether you want to get a machine that uses regular or virtuo pods.

Back
Top Bottom