netbooks...

Gonna get the wifey one as a gift. Can somebody lead me to the right direction? I just need one for everyday use( email, internet surfing, etc)

And I heard that the "windows starter" program in them suck, is this true? Looking to spend around 300$

Thanks NT

Gonna get the wifey one as a gift. Can somebody lead me to the right direction? I just need one for everyday use( email, internet surfing, etc)

And I heard that the "windows starter" program in them suck, is this true? Looking to spend around 300$

Thanks NT

I have this one. It's cute and does the job.  HP mini

DT_720369_1.jpg

thinking of getting the new 11inch air how does the size compare to these...havent got to see one in person yet

thinking of getting the new 11inch air how does the size compare to these...havent got to see one in person yet

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

air isnt a netbook.

OP Costco/Best Buy ...HP for 280-300

air isnt a netbook.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

air isnt a netbook.

laugh.gif
actually the new Air IS just a glorified $1,000 netbook

air isnt a netbook.

laugh.gif

Samsung and Toshiba for quality netbooks. I would say Asus but they drop in quality to make it affordable.

If you don't want win7 starter u can upgrade it to win7 home premium with a product key or look for high end netbooks with 2gb of ram that has win7 pre loaded.

Samsung and Toshiba for quality netbooks. I would say Asus but they drop in quality to make it affordable.

If you don't want win7 starter u can upgrade it to win7 home premium with a product key or look for high end netbooks with 2gb of ram that has win7 pre loaded.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

air isnt a netbook.

laugh.gif
Disagreed, from a hardware perspective this isn't a netbook.
Netbook to me is a low power Intel Atom processor, 1GB of RAM, regular HDD, integrated graphics and XP/linux.

Air has a Core2Duo, dedicated graphics, SSD only (the fastest booting notebook on the market.)

I own an Acer Aspire one I won in a contest, threw an extra GB of RAM, OCZ Vertex SSD and Windows 7 Professional and it was set

as a web browsing, word processing mobile machine that happens to get 8 hours battery.

Back
Top Bottom