NETFLIX-Narcos '17- Season 3 trailer up

‘Narcos’ scout found shot to death while exploring filming sites in Mexico
By Amy B Wang September 16 at 5:27 PM

imrs.php

Netflix recently released Season 3 of “Narcos,” which picks up after the death of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, with DEA agent Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) working to dismantle another cartel. (Juan Pablo Gutierrez/Netflix)

Carlos Muñoz Portal, a location manager for the popular Netflix series “Narcos,” was reportedly fatally shot in rural Mexico last week while scouting filming sites for the show’s fourth season, according to Spanish-language news sites.

Muñoz’s vehicle was found amid cactuses Monday on a remote, unnamed dirt road in Temascalapa, a town in the state of Mexico; inside the car was Muñoz’s body, which had several gunshot wounds, El Pais reported under a headline that translates to “Violence in Mexico surpasses fiction.”

A friend of Muñoz told the newspaper the 37-year-old had been driving to the south-central part of the country to photograph possible filming locations. The friend speculated Muñoz might have drawn unwanted attention to himself as a foreigner with a camera. The region is near the border with the state of Hidalgo, known for its high homicide rate — 182 were reported last year, according to El Pais.

Because of the rural area, authorities have had trouble finding witnesses, a spokesman for the attorney general of the state of Mexico told the newspaper.

Netflix released a statement acknowledging Muñoz’s death but did not report further details.

“We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected scout, and send our condolences to his family,” the company said in a statement to Deadline. “The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate.”

“Narcos” debuted on Netflix in 2015, and its first two seasons — following drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, his cocaine empire, and his violent clashes with politicians, criminals and the Drug Enforcement Administration — were set in Colombia. The show’s third season, which began airing earlier this month, focuses on the Cali Cartel, also of Colombia.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last September, “Narcos” showrunner Eric Newman hinted strongly the show’s fourth season would be moving to Mexico.

“Cali was the cartel that really utilized the smuggling routes through Mexico and the Mexican heroin smugglers who were already incredibly successful,” Newman told the entertainment news site then. “They very much got the Mexicans into the cocaine business, so there is sort of a natural evolution there. As to whether I would move directly into Mexico, it’s certainly a possibility.”

According to his IMDb profile, Muñoz worked in the television and film industry for more than a decade, starting as a location assistant in the mid-2000s for movies including “Man on Fire,” “The Legend of Zorro” and “Apocalypto.” His social media pages indicated that he attended the University of the Americas in his native Puebla, Mexico, about 80 miles southeast of Mexico City — and, outside of the film industry, that he was an avid tennis and soccer fan and landscape photographer.

Muñoz’s last Instagram post was made last Saturday from an open field in Puebla. It was captioned, simply, “Home.”

Another great season. I was glad when David got murked. Couldn't stand his lil spoiled ***.

These dudes really bought the president of Columbia.

Jorge dodged death so many times. He did what he had to do but damn, he got his innocent worker killed though.

Maria was a crew hopper :smh:

Another great season. I was glad when David got murked. Couldn't stand his lil spoiled ***.

These dudes really bought the president of Columbia.

Jorge dodged death so many times. He did what he had to do but damn, he got his innocent worker killed though.

Maria was a crew hopper :smh:

Bothered me that he blamed his loyal innocent worker, smh. Definitely a ***** move on his part.

Maria was one of those spoiled *****es that didn't want to lose her "lifestyle". No wonder that rival said "I'd offer you a drink but I don't give drinks to Cali whores".

"Innocent" :lol:

Ole boy was a criminal too. He knew the deal when he signed up

Like Limon last season, not feeling sorry for ole boy.

***** move? Did y'all understand the context of that situation?
Yeah, but he was the cause of his own problem.

"Innocent" :lol:
Ole boy was a criminal too. He knew the deal when he signed up
Like Limon last season, not feeling sorry for ole boy.
I thought he was just a regular security worker for Jorge's legit security business. I don't recall him doing anything illegal like murders/dealing.

I get why he did it but the fact is Enrique wasn't a snitch. He was and set him up. Enrique was stupid for making a phone call though. You know they got the whole city locked down.

That dude Navegante was a cold MFer. When he was telling that story about killing his ex girl.

picard.png

Pacho had the best shoot out scenes.

Gilberto was a real mastermind.

This was probably my favorite season.

Just finished season 2. :smokin

I can't help but laugh when the character of Pablo has the same smirk as Mr. Bean. :lol:Does anyone else see it?

:lol:
Ol dude trying to profit off his dead brother.
Sad smh.
I seen the documentary of Pablo's wife and son. Apparently they changed their name and moved to Argentina

Season 3 was Good, It's a good thing they named the Show "Narcos" , so they can continue and go in any direction they choose.

But still Patron Del Mal is still better, more realistic and actual colombian actors. Also "Alias JJ" was exciting as well, has anyone else seen them?

I know it's hard to watch if you don't speak spanish, but if you do speak then you know how good it really is.

Looks like next season will take place in Mexico. I wonder what cartel theyre going to be focusing on. Sucks that it's so far away.

Season 3 was Good, It's a good thing they named the Show "Narcos" , so they can continue and go in any direction they choose.

But still Patron Del Mal is still better, more realistic and actual colombian actors. Also "Alias JJ" was exciting as well, has anyone else seen them?

I know it's hard to watch if you don't speak spanish, but if you do speak then you know how good it really is.

I'm on episode 2 of Alias JJ and I know no Spanish at all but enjoy these shows... and the women in them. Had to google Alexndras actress and it took me straight to her Instagram. She is a baddieeee :wow:

I'm on episode 2 of Alias JJ and I know no Spanish at all but enjoy these shows... and the women in them. Had to google Alexndras actress and it took me straight to her Instagram. She is a baddieeee :wow:

Yea she is!

The show is good, but most of it takes place at the Prison. You will see more action in the later episodes.

Alias JJ is very good. Its really long too, like 60 1 hour episodes :lol: The women in that show are easily the best out of this genre.

My girl went to visit her Best Friend in LA for a week.

I literally Binge Watched it the week she was gone. Best week ever!

Jus got done wit S3. It was good. The David cat was pissin me off the whole season but he was always listening to rap lol. Was glad when he got popped. Hated how Jorge ended up. Stick you in witness pro and life is miserable. Loook forward to S4 for sure. Cartel in Mexico, I expect to see a lot more violence...

Back
Top Bottom