New Balance 993 12/1/2008 Information

Check it out....information on the release of the New Balance 993....
the only difference from the previous model is they have added ABSORB DTS

ABSORB DTS- Dynamic Transition System combines ABSORB foam and
ABSORB SBS to provide optimal cushioning ans a smooth transition on heel strike.

New Balance has raised MSRP on all their models so this shoe will retail at $140

style numbers will be MR993GL and MR993BK

In line through 9/28/2011

now for some pics.....

thanks,

VictorJames

These look like they have taken a step back to the 991 in design though...I can really see more 991 than 992 in them.

992's fit so strange.

Hopefully, the fit issue that myself and others complain about will be resolved.

991's were and are classic. Shouldn't have changed them, except made them more cushy, IMO.

The upper looks like the 991, but the midsole is more like the 992 but lower profile, and it looks like there is a bit more forefoot cushioning.

I'm one of the few people who actually like the 992...I loved the 991...But, for me, the 992 was just as great...This shoe looks like it's going to bekeeping with that trend for me. My buddy over at the local NB store is going to get my pairs in October.

Eh, I'd rather have 991's or 992's. Not really feeling the notch in the bottom.

I'm so glad they brought the 1700's back out. One of my grails I was looking for.

I'm one of the few people who actually like the 992...I loved the 991...But, for me, the 992 was just as great...This shoe looks like it's going to be keeping with that trend for me. My buddy over at the local NB store is going to get my pairs in October.
I take from that statement you've never been to the Washington, D.C. area.

Shape looks a lil funny to me, as long as they don't bring back that beige midsole from the 991s A Pair is def in need of being copped...

Here is some better pics for those of you interested...This is the Black pair and the Gray Pair of course...I'm sure that down the line they will alsohave the standard Blue pair and White Leather pair...Def look like a morph of the 991 and 992 in my opinion...

333970017.jpg

I just found a pair of old 991s from college that are in great shape but somehow had gotten a hole in the mesh near the big toe. Wore them just to do some workaround the house last weekend, so comfortable and definitely classic.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Shouldn't be hard to get these at a discount if you're patient like with the 992's.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

I'm one of the few people who actually like the 992...I loved the 991...But, for me, the 992 was just as great...This shoe looks like it's going to be keeping with that trend for me. My buddy over at the local NB store is going to get my pairs in October.

i think he's talking aboutthe 991-992 debate (i.e. how so many 991 lovers dislike the 992. myself included)

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

i think he's talking aboutthe 991-992 debate (i.e. how so many 991 lovers dislike the 992. myself included)

You got it richiecotite...

Seems like the 992's are all over the place but every single time you read a review online it say's "I wish the 991 was still around" orsomething along those lines...I gotta say at first I was firmly in the 991 camp too but as I started wearing my 992's more often I turned around veryquick. I still have a pair of 991's in my closet that are in pretty good shape but I have 5 pairs of the 992's...993's look to be keeping my lovefor the 900 series strong...Can't wait...

I have been thinking of picking up a pair of 991's or 992's, but have not had them before. Any major difference between those two or these as far asstyle goes?
nerd.gif
Just looking for the basic gray.

Back
Top Bottom