New Box Vs. Old box

Didn't like the look of the previous box. New box looks ok but quality is, well, JB. My favourite was the silver one from the late 90s. They should bring that back

the new box is so plain and cheap, JB gets cheaper and cheaper but keeps raising the price smh

Originally Posted by chaose57

Originally Posted by Luong1209

The box with Jordan's face was my personal favorite. 

this

I wish they went back that way instead of this new flimsy box
tired.gif

LOL they did just look at the jordan 3 boxes flimsy and thin.

A few things...

I like the fingerprint and the "locking" tabs. I'm ok with the simplicity of just black and white.

Does anyone know what's is written on the paper though? I can't read it...

As for quality, I didn't notice them to be especially crappy or flimsy...but I can't imagine them being any worse than the NSW brown boxes...they don't get crushed, but they just come apart soooooo easily...

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Old boxes are durable, as for the 2012 jumpoffs there flimsy. if you were to lay a sheet of charmin toilet paper on the box it would destory the box. Old box(ford Tough)> New Box(Senior Citizen)

Lmao seriously I guess I'll find out when the 11's drop next month .... The thing I don't like so far is the dull finish should been shiny like the old ones

The new box is decent. Hopefully they'll hold up, they seem a bit cheap. The previous box was ok. I just hated how with certain models the box was so big. The box with Jordans face on it was cool until I start seeing so many fakes.

Originally Posted by crowelliowa34

i wish they have a theme for each shoe like the cements and so on

Not sure how long this will continue, but the vintage style boxes are to celebrate the 23rd anniversary of the sneaker. This year being the Air Jordan IV. Hopefully this trend will continue. I honestly bought the white/cement 4s because I was sold on the packaging, well that and I needed them in my collection.

Not everyone will probably agree with me on this, but I actually like the previous box better. Don't get me wrong, I think the fingerprint detail on the new one is sick, but that shiny finish on the older one just looked a lot better to me.

I don't mind the new boxes, I just hate the boxes with the top not attached. And when I want to wear my cool greys or space jams I feel like I'm breaking into a safe.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

The new box is alright.

I do like the locking tab though.

This. I almost never keep my kicks in the box for more than a week anyway because I rock every pair.

The IIIs &IVs boxes are made out of paperboard not cardboard. All OG I-XIs came in paperboard boxes with the exception of some XIs that came in cardboard Nike boxes (the old school black/natural/red ones).

They arent flimsy because JB is trying to cut corners they are flimsy because thats how all of the original boxes used to be.

Back
Top Bottom