New Car Pickup Vol. A long time coming

Nobody here probably remembers but back in 2008 i was in a car accident in front of my house 
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
..somebody hit me as i was turning into my driveway and ended up totaling my beloved '99 Explorer...first car and everything 
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif
. I had just resigned from my job a few weeks before and up until a few months i havent been able to hold down a steady full time gig. I just worked my #+! off in school (finally graduated this past March) and just sat at home 90% of the time because i couldnt get around. My social life took a dive and my options for finding jobs were crazy limited so things were just super tough. My 25th birthday rolled around last Sunday and my dad optioned me this.
photo1qj.jpg

his 2007 525i. I've had my eyes on a Mini Cooper ever since my accident but i couldn't say no to this. 30K miles and he offered it to me for 14K under the KBB value...i couldn't say no. 
Feels good to have freedom again 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif
. I literally spent the whole weekend cleaning this thing inside and out. Still some work to be done as far as customizing goes (needs tint, factory iPod integration, maybe navigation with an updated iDrive system if i could get it under the 5K going price 
ebe2598ec79edada2e6ec0e2631895346afbf48.gif
ebe2598ec79edada2e6ec0e2631895346afbf48.gif
) but i have time. for now i just need to make up for all that i've missed out over these past few years. 

for any curent bimmer owners out there though...what are some good forums for info? I'm already on Bimmer Forums and that seems like a pretty good resource. Also, is there a way i can get it CPO certified or whatever and get another warranty? the 4 years on this one are up already and i would hate to have to come out of pocket for any possible repairs in the next year. I have 18 months left on the note and i was planning to unload it and get a mini as soon as that date comes.

Bimmerfest.com

You bought it w/o a factory warranty? YIKES... I really don't know any reputable 3rd party warranties.

I dont think you can get a CPO warranty unless you bought the car Pre-certified already...Congrats and Good luck fam'

bimmerforum is the best, but u can try and see if there 5 series forum.
bimmerforum will be ur best place to find used parts for ur upgrades.

Yea at this point I would probably roll the dice - you can't buy a BMW extended warranty if the car has had the original expire. Also, as far as CPO goes KayCurrency is correct if the vehicle is turned in from lease or early buyout it can qualify for a CPO if it doesn't at that point that is it there is no re-inspection, there is no what if, there is no can you check it out again.

I would not purchase a 3rd party warranty - those 5 series have been relatively good on repairs and you have the small motor with natural aspiration - the n54/55 motors were only about to roll of the assembly line...

Back
Top Bottom