New Common Album 'Invincible Summer' Info

Originally Posted by mikeynice

lol so true. he hasn't put out an ill album since One Day...

pimp.gif

I'm surprised by all the Common hate and I'm especially shocked to hear such negative opinions about LWFC and Be which are classics imo. FF was greattoo I can see how people might think it was "boring" but I enjoyed it.
I'll reserve my judgment for 'Invincible Summer' until I actually hear it but I'm definitely checkin for it and excited to hear what Lonniecomes up with without Ye.

I'm surprised by all the Common hate
It's not hate, dudes just don't like it.
IMO Ye' tried to drag Com into that crossover, happy feet, unassuming black man role Ye likes to play. FF came out transparent, obvious & completelydevoid of merit as a result.
Be was a blend of Ye's aesthetic & Com's frame of mind (which worked well). FF, not so much.

I just want the old Common back . . . Somebody pass homeboy a blunt, a brew and a steak . . . I loved Resurection, One Day, AND LWFC . . . After that Ican't call it, EC was out there . . . He aint been the same since

All this barefoot, salad eatin, sittin Indian style rap is NOT my thing . . . And I've ALWAYS been a Com fan, but he's just been goin off the deep endfor like 7 years now . . . Its like a hugfest everytime I listen to his @@!+ . . . I'm like what happened?? I listen to Resurection on the reg, and YESI'm one of those bitter 90s heads that wants everyone to make music like its still 95 . . .

After that I can't call it, EC was out there . . . He aint been the same since
I'm telling you, Erykah Badu got some magical walls.............. She be turning dudes OUT!

Originally Posted by iLLscan

After that I can't call it, EC was out there . . . He aint been the same since
I'm telling you, Erykah Badu got some magical walls.............. She be turning dudes OUT!

laugh.gif
. But I agree with Starvin to a certain extent. The old Com iswhat made me a fan. The new Com is watered down but I dont dislike what he is putting out. Be is a good album and he took a step back with FF. He still myfavorite MC though

i hate electric circus with every fiber of my being. that album was god awful, if its anything like that I might have to stop buying Common albums

Back
Top Bottom