New ESPN site is horrendous!

The web layout is very similar to sports illustrated. I hate the way sports illustrated changed their design as well
laugh.gif
Word,I don't really visit SI.com at all anymore just because of the crap layout 
laugh.gif

now the Sports illustrated is way worse.

The typography is horrible, the header fronts they chose aren't very readable.

I mean they are using frames on article pages like its 1999. :lol:

At first, I thought it was terrible. It's probably something with color. I mean, I am used to see their color red and grey mostly on ESPN layout. I took a look a look at the web design. Then I totally love it. The Favorites, News and Now thing is totally bright. The best part is that the new layout is very, very fast to load.

I hope they use their old javascript for score where you can click either box score, recap or gamecast.

Last edited:
Things always take getting used to but I must be getting old because I just cannot get used to these revamped websites. :lol: SI.com for example is now sometimes baffling to me. I'm in the camp where I go to most sports sites for a specific need and am used to seeing it right away and also no crap or clutter. *Shrugs

Agree that ESPN mobile site was terrible. This new layout is just awful on desktop. Nobody cares about all this customizable and social media stuff. Just make the layout easy to find news. Everything is just cluttered now.

Reminds me of when YouTube redesigned and integrated Google+. Majority of people still want the old site back and that change was a few years ago.

because it was easy to find news in endless tiny boxes of giant lists of tiny text?

The only reason you think it was easier is because you were use to it.

look it's not perfect, there are still kinks, and it's not super original like say the Bloomberg.com redesign. but it's way way way way way better than the old one.

Bruh.... can i just get a full NBA/NFL ticker with ALL the games(finished or not) listed so I can check my bets? :lol:

How about the latest news at the top?

Is that so hard? :rofl:

Last edited:
Like most site re-designs, most of us will get used to it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the white space design that's spread across most of the internet it seems. (I'm sure there's a technical term for it, but you know what I mean) It looks clean, of course, but it wears on my eyes when every site uses a ton of white space. The redesign makes sense, though.. personalized info on the left, updating Twitter/recent news on the right, and I've read it's also supposed to look the same across multi-platforms which is obviously a big deal nowadays.

I only check ESPN for scores for the most part, but it is annoying I can't jump right into the box score from the top sports scores on the mainpage. It goes right into a gamecast or the recap story.
Reminds me of when nt switched to this current layout

I only went to ESPN to check schedules and boxscores, so I don't know if this new layout will really matter to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom