New Fastest Man

[h1]Bolt sets world record in 100 meters[/h1]
By EDDIE PELLS, AP National Writer 3 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)-Like a bolt out of nowhere, Usain Bolt is now the world's fastest man.

The Jamaican runner, who doesn't even consider the 100 meters his best race, set the world record Saturday night with a time of 9.72 seconds, .02 seconds faster than the old record held by his countryman, Asafa Powell.

He was using the 100 for "speed work" and to avoid having to run the more grueling 400, when, suddenly, he ran the world's second-fastest time last month at 9.76. Even then, he said he wasn't sure if he would give up the 400 meters for the 100 for the Beijing Olympics.

Hard to imagine he has any choice now.

Unfurling his lanky frame-listed at 6-foot-4, but probably more like 6-5 and, either way, considered too tall for this kind of speed work-he created a big-time gap between himself and Tyson Gay at about the halfway point, then routed him to the finish line.

Gay, the best sprinter in America, finished in 9.85.
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/ne...slug=ap-ath-reebokgrandprix&prov=ap&type=lgns

Thats Dope
pimp.gif
Olympics are gonna be crazy.
eek.gif

Olympics are gonna be crazy.
I'm going..

This is VERY surprising.. but not surprising at the same time..

Bolt has the most raw ability out of any sprinter in the world.. He was 6'5 at 16 and running sub 20's at that age..
eek.gif
eek.gif
World Junior Olympics put that boi on the map..

For some reason i think bolt is clean.. who knows tho

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The fact that he said he was using the 100 for "speed work" makes this even more disgusting
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Dude is a beast.

so who will be the first to run a 9.6?

i don't think Tyson will, because i doubt he juices. you need to be on that stuff to run that fast.

i think within the next year, Asafa will come out of nowhere with a 9.69. his people have actually said that he could go 9.67 under the right conditions.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

so who will be the first to run a 9.6?

i don't think Tyson will, because i doubt he juices. you need to be on that stuff to run that fast.

i think within the next year, Asafa will come out of nowhere with a 9.69. his people have actually said that he could go 9.67 under the right conditions.

everyone uses the juice one way or another.

Seriously, after the Marion Jones thing, I have the utmost skepticism on these "world record." I swear, if I find out that Michael Johnson juiced upfor the '96 Olympics I'm giving up on T&F altogether.

I have a feeling this will end sour...Jamaica producing sprinters like a farm. Granted this guy is a freak of nature, with that 6'4" frame...but damnhe destroys the field

At this point track should just let everybody juice up and then no one will have a disadvantage. Cause everyone assumes everyone is juiced up anyway.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

oh my GOOOOD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

he's on roids though. probably started after the L in the World Championships and stopped around April.

he is a 200m/400m runner... i find it dubious that he just walked Tyson like that

how is your 200m PR gonna not even be under 19.7 (19.75), yet you're running 9.7s all of a sudden within a 1 month span? Bolt is officially on roids watch unless he runs a 19.5 or 19.6 in the 2 consistently

All that 100/200/400 stuff doesn't matter. XMan ran the 19.63 in the 200, but he has never ran under a 10 in the 100 in his life. Some people arebetter off the turn and others are better off the straightaway.
I think this %@%!$ is all real too. Been busting @%@@@% +%%#+ for a good minute now.

oh my GOOOOD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

he's on roids though. probably started after the L in the World Championships and stopped around April.

he is a 200m/400m runner... i find it dubious that he just walked Tyson like that

how is your 200m PR gonna not even be under 19.7 (19.75), yet you're running 9.7s all of a sudden within a 1 month span? Bolt is officially on roids watch unless he runs a 19.5 or 19.6 in the 2 consistently
Bolt has never been considered a 400 runner.. People would like him to run the 400 because of his length..

the 200 has always been his most consistent race.. I'm not sure why you think his 200 time goes hand n hand with his 100 time.. They are two COMPLETELYDIFFERENT races.. Michael Johnson dropped 19.32, but nobody thought too highly of him in the 100..

9.72 is just nasty tho
sick.gif

#%@$ is just stupid. I never thought this would be the cat to break the record. I thought he was purely 200.

#%@$ he ran a 9.76 earlier too.

Somebody breaks the 100 record every other week. #%@$ don't make sense. The 200/400 record are the only ones sacred now.
laugh.gif

check CBS right now, they are playing the rest of the Grand Prix that ESPN ain't show last night.

word, if running the 100/200/400 went hand in hand, jeremy Wariner would be runnin sick 100s.

That Curve is a B and where most 200 runners power thru and decide the race unless your Tyson Gay, DUde has susp. technique but is such a dominant straightSprinter. He's gonna double Gold in Bejing, Im callin it, the WR would be nice, but when its Olympic time and the stage is that big, we'll see whereeveryone ends up

Back
Top Bottom