New FREE Gorillaz Album: The Fall (link 320kbps)

good lookin out
pimp.gif

Never downloaded music through my comp. Decided to DL this and now how the hell do i transfer it to my itunes?

Help please!!!

Never downloaded music through my comp. Decided to DL this and now how the hell do i transfer it to my itunes?

Help please!!!

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Help please!!!
unzip it...drag the resulting folder to itunes.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Help please!!!
unzip it...drag the resulting folder to itunes.

Wow I haven't heard Gorillaz in quite a cool minute, this is a must have.
pimp.gif

Thank you.

Wow I haven't heard Gorillaz in quite a cool minute, this is a must have.
pimp.gif

Thank you.

HUGE Gorillaz fan but this is.....

TRASH

sounds messy and doesn't have that ultra smooth vibe like a Gorillaz album normally has.

-The Juice

HUGE Gorillaz fan but this is.....

TRASH

sounds messy and doesn't have that ultra smooth vibe like a Gorillaz album normally has.

-The Juice

So the story behind this album is pretty interesting; it's made up of songs they made while they were on tour, on a Ipad, from October 3rd to October 30th. Released on Christmas Day 2010 to fans of their fan club with plans for a physical release sometime in 2011.Was this a case of,  Hey let's make some music on a Ipad or Let's make some music using the Ipad? Seems only right that this would be my first review. Well actually 2nd if you count my look into Daft Punk's Human After All, which I suggest all of you do...it should be online somewhere.

The first thing I noticed when I started listening to the tape is that it sounds like a continuation of Plastic Beach. Heavy bass lines and synth chord over unique steam-punk soundscapes. I couldn't help but keep analyzing the way the way each song sounded knowing it was made on a Ipad, but after a couple songs in I stopped analyzing and started listening. My question that I presented earlier was answered; this was music being made because it had to be than and there and the tool of choice was the Ipad.

The album starts off with Phoner to Arizona, the first single off the tape. It's lead by a throbbing bassline with the traditonal Gorillaz flair of exotic sounds and electronic instruments. It works as a intro and sets the mood for the rest of the tape but I'm not really a fan of this one. Thankfully it leads into Revolving Doors, a upbeat guitar driven song with backing accordians and a infectious chorus. After the feet tapping anthem is over, Hillbilly Man begins and slows the pace down. It doesn't let you get too comfortable, about a minute in the guitar fades and a drum loop backed by horns and chopped up vocals picks up the pace. It reminds me a little of Welcome to the World of Plastic Beach, from their last album but is it's own monster completely. That's followed up by Detroit, a song that couldn't have a more misleading title. When you think of Detroit you probably think of the exact opposite of this song. A uptempo song with hypnotic chopped up chords west coast synths. Rounding off the first third of the album is Shy Town, a song with a LAZYASS bassline that makes everything on it seem like its dragging around.

Unfortunately, Little Plastic Pink Bags picks up where Shy Town left off. FORTUNATELY, it gets it right. It's another slow moving song with a funky bass and faint chords but Damon's vocals bring the song to life. It gives it this little weird charm. Great song. A skit leads us to our next song, The Joplin Spider. It kicks off with a OBNOXIOUS synth bass and almost makes the song un listenable. Actually, this song is a mess, halfway in it decides its a techno song and the tempo increases. I have no idea what's going on with this song.
Picking up the slack is The Parish of Space Dust, it's introduced by a skit of what I presume to be old country songs and sets up the song perfect. It sounds like a futuristic tribute to country songs of yesteryear. About halfway into the album comes in The Snake in Dallas. This one here is straight up funky. It kind of reminds me of Clint Eastwood when it starts and once all the instruments kick in it actually sounds real west coast. No vocals on this 2 minute smooth head nodder and they aren't needed nor missed.

Slowing the pace down, Amarillo comes in and immediately sounds like some of their earlier work, less electronic and more rock with Damon singing. A 2 minute skit, The Speak it Mountains comes in after that sets up our next song, Aspen Mountains. It sounds exactly like the title suggests. A smooth bassline keeps the track moving with strings and a piano. Feels good man.  After your done daydreaming of drinking your hot chocolate on some fresh snow, Bobby In Phoenix brings us back to earth. A gritty guitar driven track sung by Bobby Womack. Very soulful and it sounds unlike anything else on the album. The next song, California and the Slippin of the Sun is a mash-up of chopped up samples with Damon's signature vocals over them. Oh yeah, and during the last 30 seconds of the song it gets techno for no reason at all. Rounding off the album is Seattle Yodel. 40 seconds of *@!#!!*!; the weakest possible way to end an album.

Final Thoughts :         

The Final word is The Fall is a great album. It's a great album when you take it for what it is. It works as a transition from Plastic Beach and it finds them going into a direction we never thought they would.  Most of the songs have a unique blues flavor with the right amount of funk to make them work. I listened to this album thinking it would have a more formulated digital sound being it was created on a Ipad but in fact it was the complete opposite; It was organic.
[font=Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif]Source : BEEFONMYBLOCK.COM[/font]

So the story behind this album is pretty interesting; it's made up of songs they made while they were on tour, on a Ipad, from October 3rd to October 30th. Released on Christmas Day 2010 to fans of their fan club with plans for a physical release sometime in 2011.Was this a case of,  Hey let's make some music on a Ipad or Let's make some music using the Ipad? Seems only right that this would be my first review. Well actually 2nd if you count my look into Daft Punk's Human After All, which I suggest all of you do...it should be online somewhere.

The first thing I noticed when I started listening to the tape is that it sounds like a continuation of Plastic Beach. Heavy bass lines and synth chord over unique steam-punk soundscapes. I couldn't help but keep analyzing the way the way each song sounded knowing it was made on a Ipad, but after a couple songs in I stopped analyzing and started listening. My question that I presented earlier was answered; this was music being made because it had to be than and there and the tool of choice was the Ipad.

The album starts off with Phoner to Arizona, the first single off the tape. It's lead by a throbbing bassline with the traditonal Gorillaz flair of exotic sounds and electronic instruments. It works as a intro and sets the mood for the rest of the tape but I'm not really a fan of this one. Thankfully it leads into Revolving Doors, a upbeat guitar driven song with backing accordians and a infectious chorus. After the feet tapping anthem is over, Hillbilly Man begins and slows the pace down. It doesn't let you get too comfortable, about a minute in the guitar fades and a drum loop backed by horns and chopped up vocals picks up the pace. It reminds me a little of Welcome to the World of Plastic Beach, from their last album but is it's own monster completely. That's followed up by Detroit, a song that couldn't have a more misleading title. When you think of Detroit you probably think of the exact opposite of this song. A uptempo song with hypnotic chopped up chords west coast synths. Rounding off the first third of the album is Shy Town, a song with a LAZYASS bassline that makes everything on it seem like its dragging around.

Unfortunately, Little Plastic Pink Bags picks up where Shy Town left off. FORTUNATELY, it gets it right. It's another slow moving song with a funky bass and faint chords but Damon's vocals bring the song to life. It gives it this little weird charm. Great song. A skit leads us to our next song, The Joplin Spider. It kicks off with a OBNOXIOUS synth bass and almost makes the song un listenable. Actually, this song is a mess, halfway in it decides its a techno song and the tempo increases. I have no idea what's going on with this song.
Picking up the slack is The Parish of Space Dust, it's introduced by a skit of what I presume to be old country songs and sets up the song perfect. It sounds like a futuristic tribute to country songs of yesteryear. About halfway into the album comes in The Snake in Dallas. This one here is straight up funky. It kind of reminds me of Clint Eastwood when it starts and once all the instruments kick in it actually sounds real west coast. No vocals on this 2 minute smooth head nodder and they aren't needed nor missed.

Slowing the pace down, Amarillo comes in and immediately sounds like some of their earlier work, less electronic and more rock with Damon singing. A 2 minute skit, The Speak it Mountains comes in after that sets up our next song, Aspen Mountains. It sounds exactly like the title suggests. A smooth bassline keeps the track moving with strings and a piano. Feels good man.  After your done daydreaming of drinking your hot chocolate on some fresh snow, Bobby In Phoenix brings us back to earth. A gritty guitar driven track sung by Bobby Womack. Very soulful and it sounds unlike anything else on the album. The next song, California and the Slippin of the Sun is a mash-up of chopped up samples with Damon's signature vocals over them. Oh yeah, and during the last 30 seconds of the song it gets techno for no reason at all. Rounding off the album is Seattle Yodel. 40 seconds of *@!#!!*!; the weakest possible way to end an album.

Final Thoughts :         

The Final word is The Fall is a great album. It's a great album when you take it for what it is. It works as a transition from Plastic Beach and it finds them going into a direction we never thought they would.  Most of the songs have a unique blues flavor with the right amount of funk to make them work. I listened to this album thinking it would have a more formulated digital sound being it was created on a Ipad but in fact it was the complete opposite; It was organic.
[font=Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif]Source : BEEFONMYBLOCK.COM[/font]

Back
Top Bottom