new Gemini (HHG) interview

this dude is highly intelligent.....did u peep how he tried to tell people in that interview that it's cool if you don't or didn't selldrugs....and it's cool if you are a virgin until u 25.....that's really the message that this generation needs in order to survive.....otherwise wewould have a lot of heartless kids out here trying to prove a point of how tough they are......when inside they are about as sweet as a fig newton......REALTALK.....this is similar to what's goin on in Chicago right now.....I have lost 8 people in the last 4 months....
frown.gif

I have lost 8 people in the last 4 months....
frown.gif

Damn son...

Chicago on FIRE ain't it???? Looking like Bosnia out that @##@*....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Sorry to hear that though my dude...That's some terrible $$@@..

HHG always does really good interviews i remember when i first heard of lupe 5 or 6 years ago.

gem speaking that truth man...i jus hope we can change this haterville isshhh

Real talk, I always was on some %*%@ sayin I wasnt gon ever call him Gemstones cuz it sounded weak as hell lol, but after hearing the meaning he put behindit as far as how he's tryna better himself and what he now wants to represent, I wouldnt even disrespect dude like that...

Him wanting to respesent positive and inspiring %*%@ in his music is whats up, I just hope that he doesnt change his content that much, I still want him tospit that filth he's gained a reputation of doing....
otherwise we would have a lot of heartless kids out here trying to prove a point of how tough they are......
nah, its more of this current generation being led to think that fitting that image is who they are supposed to be. one of the (many)reasons why The D got a 80% percent dropout rate right now, and the generation after this is even worse than us cuz nobody enstilled any type of morals orethics in them that usually rubs off from the older N's like the youth normally gets...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

nah, its more of this current generation being led to think that fitting that image is who they are supposed to be. one of the (many) reasons why The D got a 80% percent dropout rate right now, and the generation after this is even worse than us cuz nobody enstilled any type of morals or ethics in them that usually rubs off from the older N's like the youth normally gets...

yea its bad out here too.....i have skipped soo many funerals in the past couple of months cuz i don't even think i got enough tears to goaround.....its soo crazy.....people is gettin killed out here left and right....and the numbers that they givin ya'll ain't quite accurate.....theyhave been altered....it's actually worse than what it seems.....like earlier this year my dude was killed at a White Castle for tryin to tell a dude toleave this chick alone .....the dude was tryin to sell her some green at like 4 in the morning and she said NO....so he reaches his hand in the car and my guyis behind them in the line.....he hops out his car to defend the woman and dude ups strap and pops him right there......SENSLESS!!!!! and my dude got 1 yr oldtwins......
frown.gif
mad.gif

Yo I'm at the Gig right now and can't access HHG... Somebody wanna do The Cakester a solid and post it in the thread?

Originally Posted by youngp773

frown.gif
I'm sorry to heard that fam-O... for real I am
tired.gif

like earlier this year my dude was killed at a White Castle for tryin to tell a dude to leave this chick alone .....the dude was tryin to sell her some green at like 4 in the morning and she said NO.
yooo i remember hearing that....thas the castle i always go to..cuz im right on 64th and Lowe..its rough out here man. im jus glad somebodyspeakin on this stuff..cuz these rap dudes in chicago is like the cats that lacked skills in hoopin so they jus hacked u to make it seem like they hadgame...its soo easy to do crack rap but to actually develop your craft and grow beyond that is a beautiful thing.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yo I'm at the Gig right now and can't access HHG... Somebody wanna do The Cakester a solid and post it in the thread?

frown.gif
I'm sorry to heard that fam-O... for real I am
tired.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You've been making a lot of noise lately, especially for your guest verses on Lupe Fiasco's The Cool. What havethese last couple of months been like for you?[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard work. These last couple of months I've been grinding hard. It's step up time. I'm the next artist to come out. I want the world to knowand to hear my talent. I want the world to know that I'm talented also. You don't want to be in the shadows of anybody. You don't want to be theRobin to Lupe's Batman, but in order not to do that, you have to grind and you have to prove yourself, so I've been grinding and touring, just gettingit in. I've just been getting it in and at the same time staying humble and putting God first. At the same time, it's been crazy these last couple ofmonths.[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
What do you have to do to not be in Lupe's shadow?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prove yourself. You have to prove yourself. If you want it, you have to show the world that you're a No. 1 and not a No. 2. Either way it goes, I'mnot going to be mad because Lupe's my man. Before business partners, we're friends. But being looked at as a No. 2, it's really not a good look.You want to be looked at as your own thing, but in order to do that, you just have to work hard, man. You have to work hard to prove yourself and that'swhat the world wants to see. Everyone wants to know who Gemini is and who is Gemstones and what does he bring to the table and why did Lupe sign this guy andis he who he says he is.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So you just basically have to work hard and prove yourself. And with talent, you can't stop the sun from shining. It could be raining for 100 years andone day the clouds have to open up and the sun has to come out. And talent always wins in the end and the people will decide. They'll decide if I am who Isay I am.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take us back a minute. How did you and Lupe initially link up?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Okay. I met Lupe way back in the beginning. I met Lupe back in 2000 or 2001. I did a studio session at this studio in Chicago. This was before he wasreally big. I was still Gemini. We were at a little hole-in-the-wall studio with my friend waiting to do a song. They wouldn't let me start because Lupehad to finish his song and they said he was about to sign with Jay-Z and Rocafella. So I'm in the session and we were waiting for three hours.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finally Lupe comes through the door. I was anxious at the time and I was thinking that I was the best rapper. Stack Bundles also walked by. He was signedto First and 15th at the time and he was Lupe's first artist. God bless his soul. So him and Stack Bundles walk through the door. Lupe never recorded hisverse but we had a big cipher. We went at it for like an hour. We were just throwing monster verses out and at the end of the session, Lupe asked us if wewanted to hear his album. Nobody really knows who Lupe is except for his guy George. He played us his album and it was all bangers. I didn't know how tomake songs at that point. I just knew how to rap. I didn't know how to write 16's. Lupe had songs and they were really good. He was name-droppingEminem and Dr. Dre, saying that they were supposed to be working on the album and I believed him. You could hear it in his music that he wasn't faking it.And you could also see it in the car that he was driving and the jewelry that he was wearing.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He was who I was trying to be. I just needed someone who was already on that. So we exchanged numbers and the rest is history. He heard what I do and hesigned me. He brought me around everyone at the label. They had me rapping against a gang of dudes and I was running through everybody that they threw upagainst me. And then I started singing. I hit them with all of these songs and they was blown away. Before you know it I was signed. I was recording my albumand I knew how to write songs. We formed a friendship and we've just been going hard ever since we met.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And actually, when I first met Lu, he told me he wasn't actually looking to sign any artists. He had heard me the night we met. He heard me that nightbut he didn't see my full potential, so I had to prove myself. So when I got up with him, he told me he would listen but he wasn't going to signanyone. That wasn't enough for me and I wasn't trying to hear that. I heard that at plenty of job interviews, like they'll look over my applicationand call me. I knew what that was about and there were plenty of jobs that I didn't get and I wasn't going to have that. I ultimately made my way. Ifthere is no way, I'll make a way.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ihad to get up with those guys a second time and when I did, I knew it was either go hard or go home. I pulled all types of raps out the hat. I went hard. Iwent hard. And then I told him that I didn't even want to sign. I told him that I wanted to sign, but that I wanted to sit back for a year or two and justlearn the game and just soak it up and then when I was ready, I would sharpen my knife and let it out the draw. I told them that I wasn't ready and thatthey couldn't put me out yet. He respected it and the next time he heard me rap I went hard and they were blown away. They saw me and knew that I was thatdude. They knew that my pen game and my songwriting game was sick and that my vocals were sick. They knew I was lyrically sick and that I was a monster. Theyknew they could mold me into something crazy and that's what they did. They got me in the studio. There were producers giving me beats and I just grew. Istarted following Lupe and he started complimenting my style and I just got better and better and better and better. And before you knew it I was doing shows.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What kind of relationship did you have with Stack Bundles?[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Me and Stack Bundles was cool. I respected him as an artist. Him being from New York and me being from Chicago, we were from two different places. We told eachother our stories and we bonded over rap. We started talking about our upbringing and he was telling me all about how New York is, yada, yada, yada and Istarted telling him what it was like in Chicago and what to watch out for and how we get down and from then on, we had a respect for each other. We would talkon the phone and he would tell me that he would send me some of the exclusive clothes out there. We were always talking about clothes and getting these typesof Air 1's and this, that and the third. And then Stacks wasn't on First and 15th anymore. For whatever reason, he ventured off to do his own thingwith Dipset and Desert Storm and whatever he was doing, but every time I would go to New York and every time I saw Stack Bundles, he would show me the utmostlove because he knew what it was before Desert Storm and Dipset.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We went to the Dominican Republic and Stack was performing with Jim Jones. He didn't get to see me perform because he was late, but he saw me and hestarted screaming my name out. He was showing me ugly love. Every time we ran into each other it was love. And then it broke my heart when I heard whathappened. I immediately dropped down to my knees and said a prayer for his soul. I hope God has mercy on his soul and forgives him for his sins. That broke myheart though.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You've been recording and touring with Lupe for a couple years now. How has that helped you grow as an artist?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've really grown, man, as a person. Not just as an artist, but being able to get out of Chicago has been great. Here in Chicago, it's justChicago. The music scene is not really big here. You got a lot of talent, but there's no Atlantic Records here in Chicago. There's no Def Jam officehere in Chicago. So it's just a lot of talent here, but there's nowhere to run unless you leave here and you have to go blow up somewhere else and thencome back. And no one shows love, but we'll get into that later.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I just had a Chicago mentality, man. All I knew was Chicago. That's all I knew. I just knew the scene of Chicago until I got out of Chicago and Iwas able to travel the world and see different cultures and different faces and stand in front of 20,000 people and rock and receive love. It let me know thatI was just trapped here and it gave me a whole new respect for my art. It gave me a whole new respect for my music and it helped me grow. It let me know thatyou can just be yourself. You don't have to make a certain type of music that you think Chicago wants to hear. I traveled the world with Lupe meetingdifferent people and my songs were beginning to change and I was eating different food and I was growing. I was evolving into a whole different person. I wasthe same person, but I was just sharpening who I was. I was just sharpening that knife, that dull knife. I was just sharpening that knife and I've grown,man. I got a whole new respect for the game and how I think now. And then I come back to Chicago and I would see these guys with the regular Chicago mentalityand I would try to tell them about it and help them see the picture because I know what is going on, but most of them are so trapped and lost. They'recontent with where they are and I try to let them know that the sky is the limit and that they don't have to do this. It's bigger than Chicago.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it helped me grow, man. What doesn't kill you can only make you that much stronger. And then I got out on the road and saw guys who were 10 timesbetter than me. One day I'm in front of a crowd of 17 people performing and then I'm in front of 10,000 people. It's crazy. Whoa. And it justhelped me grow as a person. I'm growing. And I respect life more now. I just respect everything to the nth degree off me growing and getting to see theworld.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How is your debut album coming?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Troubles of the World. The album is crazy. Like, the album, and I'm not just saying it because you have to pump your own stuff up, but it's really,really, really, really, really ridiculous. The album is finished and I was actually supposed to drop before The Cool dropped. We were actually supposed to dropTroubles of the World and they ran with The Cool. I thought it was a better look to feature Lupe first and then let me get my buzz up by being featured on hisalbum. So I took my time off while they were running with The Cool. My thing is I don't want to meet the deadline, I want to beat the deadline. So everyday I'm making new songs and trying to outdo Troubles of the World. I started replacing songs and the album is just crazy. We mixed it down and before wemixed it down, Lupe was just riding with my album and just bragging on it real heavy. He was saying that he couldn't wait for me to drop and that it wasreally art.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not just putting an album out so I can say I have an album out and just talk nonsense like blah, blah, blah. I'm talking about real issues thatare going on in the world today. If you loved Food and Liquor and The Cool then you're going to love Troubles of the World. I took you home with me. Icould have taken this opportunity to talk to you about rims and big, fancy cars and went diamond. I'm just speaking. I could have went that route, but Iwaited so long to get here that I felt as though I wanted to share my life experiences with the world and let them know what we're going through. I wantedto bring y'all home with me and we're all out there. We're all the same people and we all go through the same things in life. It's the samedoodoo, just a different toilet, and no one's really talking about that now. Tell me about your upbringing before the rims. Artists are not doing it thesedays. That's why I respect 2Pac so much. Even though I never met him, I know so much about him. You knew everything about him because he brought you homewith him. A lot of people's troubles were 2Pac's troubles because he brought you home with him.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm letting you know what I was going through, what school I went to, how my father was on drugs, how there were six of us in a two bedroom apartmentand how the lights were off. I talk about all of that and then I talk about how we are on tour and the rims and the cars. I don't really talk too muchabout that but it's going on. You don't want to lose the people. You want to make it fun at the same time. I'm talking about the block and the goodtimes and the bad times and plus I'm singing on it too. Ladies will relate to Troubles of the World heavy. It is what it says it is. Everything thatI'm going through in my life, I guarantee you, 70-80% of it you'll be able to relate to because we are the same people and we go through the same lifeexperiences. It's just a different toilet and the same %%*!. But Troubles of the World, I can not wait for it to drop and to bring y'all into my lifeand let you know what is going on.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will Troubles of the World take you out of Lupe's shadow?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yeah, of course. See, that's what I'm doing now. It all depends on how hard you work. It's not just the album. When you go onstage and whenLupe gives you the opportunity to go onstage with him, you have to go onstage. When I get my own segment, I go out. You have to go out there and you have tostand on your own. God bless the child who holds his own. You have to earn it and nothing is going to be given to you. If I ever want to stand on my own,that's what I have to do. I have to earn the respect that Lupe has. I have to go get it. I don't mind working for it because the man who doesn'twork doesn't eat.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This HipHopGame interview that I'm doing right now, this is helping me gain my independence. This is all part of the grind right here. Everybody whocomes to the site is going to read this interview and they want to know who is Gemstones and why should they accept me. And I'm letting them know now whythey should. This is my story and I'm bringing it and they can do research on me. They can go check me out and then they're going to hear more from me.They're going to love me and my personality and my charisma. They're going to see that me and Lupe as a duo are crazy. But you gotta earn it. You gottaearn it. And I don't want it to be given to me. I want to grind and get it because the joy don't feel so good without the pain. I will respect it moregoing through what I'm going through now. When I finally get it, it will feel good.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How do you and Lupe work together?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Naturally. Once again, I'm not just saying this because it sounds good. I could do that, but I'm such a real person and I want to address it. Forreal for real, it's magical. Anything you've ever heard me and Lupe on, anything, it's natural and it's ridiculous. I complement Lupe'sstyle good. I complement Lupe and I bring the beast out of Lupe and Lupe complements me. He brings the beast out of Gemstones. We just make the perfectmarriage. I get so many requests that we need to do an album together because our chemistry is like white on rice.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For real, our chemistry is dope. I guess we respect each other's craft. Like I know him. Lupe knows me. We know each other's sound and we go in andwe become one. And once we walk out the booth, it's done. Crazy. We didn't write "Go Baby". We got the beat, he walked in the booth, cameout, gave me dap, I went in and I did what I did. That's how we did it. We just did it and we just kept going until the song was finished and we came outwith that magic and we got Pooh Bear for the hook. We sent him the record and it came back and boom, it was a hit.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When we did "Pressure", I laid the hook. Everything we did is magical, fam. We complement each other very well. That's why Lupe can'twait to release my album just to hear what the world has to say about me. He wants to hear what the world has to say, not just because I'm his artist butbecause I'm his friend. He knows I've worked hard. He wants me to have. He knows that I want to work for it. It can be given to me, but I would ratherit not be given to me. I want to work for it.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From listening to your solo music, it seems as though you put a big emphasis on putting out music that has a positive message.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, yeah. If you go back to my Gemini stuff, it was all shoot 'em up, bang bang stuff. Just being a rapper, man, I was just being a rapper. I wasputting words together because they matched, because "he" rhymed with "she", I said it. After I hit the road and I started growing, thewhole change came and the whole evolution came. It was either I was a part of the problem or a part of the solution and I'm glad I changed. All this murderand all these killings that are going on in Chicago are crazy. I don't want to promote that. I want to promote that you can follow your dreams. I changedat a good time and I changed for the better. I was one of those rappers who was talking guns and drugs.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But, fam, I never sold drugs. It sounded good to say it, but now I'm content with who I am. I'm not questioning myself. I know who I am. I'mconfident in myself. Look, I don't sell drugs and I'm glad I never sold drugs to kill my people. I tried it. I couldn't sell drugs. I tried it, butit didn't work. I couldn't even sell drugs. I tried to let my cousin do it for me. I couldn't do it. It wasn't for me. There are probably otherpeople who think it's cool to sell drugs but it ain't cool. I'm glad I changed because now I have a positive message. Experience is the bestteacher and I'm a role model now. Kids look up to me now.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's okay that you're not moving a bird. It's okay to be you. It's okay to be who you are, fam. It's okay that you're about to goto school and it's okay that you're about to go to college. It's okay to have a girl and to love your girl and to get married. We be so messed upas a people that if you say you love a girl, you get talked about. If you say you're getting married, they say you're throwing your life away. Marriageis a beautiful thing. It's okay to say you love a woman, but then they say, "We don't love them *%*%." We call our sisters "*%*%"and that ain't cool. But it's cool, man. It's like everything that you think is good for you, we make it seem like it's bad for you andeverything that's bad for you, it's like good for you. So when you go to sleep with 30 girls, they give you dap like you're the man. But when youonly have sex with one girl, you're a lame. They make you seem like a lame and that you're uncool because you never had sex when you're 25. Butactually it's good because you're not supposed to have sex until you're married. But I'm trying to get all of that out on Troubles of theWorld. It's all right if you're still a virgin. Hold onto it until you're married. It's okay.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm trying to give out a real positive message and be real motivational. Kids hit me up on MySpace. One kid said he was contemplating suicide and heheard my record and I saved his life. He said that he can look up to me and Lupe. He said I saved his life and he didn't put his knife to his wrist and cutit and I was like, 'Oh, my God.' Job done.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's gotta mean more to you than any album sales.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Man, that's priceless, yo. That's priceless. You have to know, man, Biggie is my favorite rapper. I was young and I was looking up to these rappersand looking at the cars and the girls, I was in it for that. I was in it for the money and I wanted to see what it felt like to have a million dollars anddrive nice cars and wake up with naked women in the bed with me. I wanted to know what that felt like until I began to grow and I wasn't in it for themoney no more. I don't even really want to be rich. I just want to be wealthy. I just want a family to take care of and my mother to not hurt. I want myfamily and my mother to not hurt for nothing.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iwant the kid who's rolling with a gun, I want to roll up on him and tell shorty to jump in. I want to take him, open him up a bank account, put some moneyin it to where he can't touch it until he's 21 or done with college and take him shopping. Take him out those dirty shoes and take him out to eat andthen bring him home and just be a big influence on him and make him go to school. I want to do that and then turn around 15 years later and see that he'sgoing through college and take my hat off to him. I want to do things like that and help people and let them know that they can do it.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iwant my voice to be strong. I asked God to anoint my voice so I could touch people and that's the response that I get from people when they hear my music."Your voice is so powerful. It touches people." Keep going because of me. Keep your job because of something you heard me say. That's what I wantto do. It's not about the money. I don't care about the money. I wasn't born with it and I went this long without being rich, so come on, man. Iknow what it feels like to be broke. I know how to survive. I'm rich in heart. I may not be rich in the pocket, but I'm rich in the soul. I wouldrather die broke and be rich in the heart than to sell my soul. That's real. So money means nothing. I just want to go out there and perform in front of10,000 and when they leave, I changed their life in some type of way and have an impact on them. That's what Gemstones wants to do. And that's whyI'm putting Troubles of the World out.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And a big reason why I'm doing this is my mother and Ms. Gill. Ms. Gill was a teacher I had in high school. She would never let me slack off and shebelieved in me. Ms. Gill affected me a lot.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Did changing your name from Gemini to Gemstones hurt you at all?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It actually helped me. It actually helped me. I feel reborn now. The Gemini thing that I was doing was real negative. Back when I was doing that I wasoverweight. I was 320 pounds. I couldn't perform on stage long and I was smoking cigarettes. Gemini was drinking. I just had so many things on me. And thenI changed my name. The name Gemini wasn't even really buzzing until I came about and Lupe started buzzing and Lupe started putting the cameras on my nameand then my name started getting bigger.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And then the name "Gemini" started ringing, but before that, the name "Gemini" wasn't ringing and there wasn't a face to thename "Gemini" so kids were hearing "Gemini" and whoever had the name "Gemini" before me, they were getting the credit for it andthey were taking the credit for working with Lupe. Whoever was out there with the name "Gemini," there name started buzzing and people were sayingthat they heard of him, but they never did because it was really me. All the other Gemini's were getting the impact for it and finally the face came alongfor who Gemini was and that was me. They told me I was about to get sued. I was finna get sued and I had to change my name. So I changed it and now the name"Gemini" is about to die again and now it's about to be Gemstones.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I thank them for it because it helped me grow. I lost weight and I cut my braids off. I changed my name and all this negative %%*! that I had went outthe door. I stopped drinking and I stopped smoking and now I'm able to stay on stage for over an hour now. I'm able to rock with Lupe for two hoursnow. It took 10 years off me. I got like 10 years of my youth back just having the weight and those braids off. I look like I looked back in high school and itall fell in place for me. I'm a whole different person. People are saying that they didn't even know it was me. And now the music is different thanwhat I was doing. I look different and I feel different and I'm rocking stages better and things are looking on the up-and-up for me. I feel like a brandnew artist and I'm glad, but if you go into my life and you ask me, I've been with Lupe. I've been met Jay-Z. I've been around. I've beenaround all these guys and I've been met these famous people, but it's a whole new look right now. Everything starts now because I got history. I gothistory, real talk.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's the next move for Gemstones?
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just getting my new mixtape Testimony of Gemstones out. It's crazy. It's basically a sneak preview of the album. I don't want to give it to youat a level 10 because they might not understand it, so I want to dumb it down and give you a sneak preview of it so they can understand it. It's like ahigh school orientation so you can see what you're going to be dealing with. It's coming and it's the orientation for the album. It's due todrop soon and everybody is waiting on it. They're anticipating it. They're going crazy for it. I'm getting calls all over for it and people areasking me if they could get it in advance but I still got a couple of records to do. That's why kids don't got it yet. I got this joint with me andSarah Green that hasn't dropped. HipHopGame will have it first before I give it to anybody. It's a crazy record with my and Sarah Green. It'scrazy! It's called "Skeletons" and y'all will have it first. Lupe heard it and lost his mind. So I'm doing this mixtape and the album andthe Glow in the Dark tour. I'll be out there in Chicago performing then. I'll just be grinding. Grinding, grinding, grinding. It's just road tripsand performing. It's doing shows and getting this album out and getting this internet going crazy and releasing records on the internet. That'swhat's in the works for Gemstones right now.[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brian always with theIll Interviews
pimp.gif

[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brian always with the Ill Interviews[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cosign..[/font][/font]

Originally Posted by haiti5

. im jus glad somebody speakin on this stuff..cuz these rap dudes in chicago is like the cats that lacked skills in hoopin so they jus hacked u to make it seem like they had game...its soo easy to do crack rap but to actually develop your craft and grow beyond that is a beautiful thing.

u aint neva lied.....its only a few of them that i really respect......like u know we naturally grimey so im gonna always love to hear that but for someoneto really speak on the negative in the sense where it's not glorified....then I'm all for it......I have always been one to know that there isn't arise without a fall......REAL TALK.....so basically there's two sides to everything......you can't just glorify one aspect of something as if it isalright.....that's not the case.....whomever has been in this game can tell you this isn't what it's all cracked up to be...so if a real n____ cantell you that this isn't something they always want then why is it so hard for a rapper who's voice is arguably bigger, to say thesame.......idk...maybe im asking for tooo much....

Originally Posted by haiti5

its rough out here man. im jus glad somebody speakin on this stuff..cuz these rap dudes in chicago is like the cats that lacked skills in hoopin so they jus hacked u to make it seem like they had game...its soo easy to do crack rap but to actually develop your craft and grow beyond that is a beautiful thing.

you speak the truth man.

it's actually worse than what it seems.....like earlier this year my dude was killed at a White Castle for tryin to tell a dude to leave this chick alone .....the dude was tryin to sell her some green at like 4 in the morning and she said NO....so he reaches his hand in the car and my guy is behind them in the line.....he hops out his car to defend the woman and dude ups strap and pops him right there......SENSLESS!!!!! and my dude got 1 yr old twins......
frown.gif
mad.gif
Damn I remember when that went down.. I saw it on the news and immediately
smh.gif
I'm sorry to hear about that G

Good read still waitin' on that MixTape, and my condolences to buddy with all these losses you have suffered recently. Yall Chicagoans be careful outthere, %!** is extra hectic out there right now.

Back
Top Bottom